Thread: just an idea: the old world: total war

Default just an idea: the old world: total war

i've played de bello mundi a lot of times and got an idea based on it. just an idea

campaign map:
    in the bello mundi the campaign map is expanding from iceland and spain to india and the ganges-delta. i would expand the map to coastlines of china and indochina, so the far east is included.
    i would also give sicily more regions, 5 to 6 regions instead of 3, cyprus would be devided in two. malta would get it's own settlement, in italy i would also build more regions, so a lot of more regions(as much as possible can)

factions:
    as i see it there is room for three more factions, these we can use to create new factions in the far east like the chinese empire and Nam viet(ancient vietnam, could be a protectorate of the chinese empire).

so in this idea this is the list of factions:
    - Romans
    - SPQR(senate of rome) (if you play as the romans and defeat this faction, you're republic becomes an empire(could be a script)
    - Carthage
    - gauls
    - noricum
    - celtiberians
    - germans
    - britons
    - greek city states
    - macedon
    - dacia
    - illyrians
    - thracia
    - seleucid empire
    - ptolemaic empire(egypt)
    - saka
    - Parthia
    - huns
    - indians
    - chinese empire
    - Nam Viet
    - bactria
    - garamentes
    - numidia
    - sarmatians
    - scythians
    - sabaeans
    - pontos
    - armenia

units:
    for most factions(except the new):
    the same unitroster as in de bello mundi(why changing it, it's already good)

but for the romans ( and SPQR) some changes need to be made: in the bello mundi you have the different legions inplemented in the mod, just get rid of it, i appreciate the hard work put in it, but it's a game, the reason why the romans gave there legions names was for administrative things. and the legiosystem from the expanded americas mod can be used ass well (anyway that gived me the feeling of an emperial army). and by using the historical legions and giving them specific regions to recruit from, the romans would be in a disadvantage from the moment they had conquered al those regions because (let us be honest) the auxilia troops are not that good to fight against the elite troops of other factions.
    so the new unit roster in this idea would be much more simpler:
    before and after the hellenistic reform:
    just hastati, principes, triarii, velites (pre-marian troops, like it is no)
    and early republican guard (unit only for SPQRfaction, bound to Rome to recruit)
    marian reform:
    - early legion cohort (they have chainmail and ther shields look like the early legionaire shields(can have different colors and signs on it)
    - early legionaire spearmen (it's a game, some factions have OP cav, and this is as replacement for the triarii)
    - light auxilia
    - auxilia swordsmen
    - auxilia spearmen
    - early legionairy cav
    - auxilia cav
    - republican guard (Only SPQR)
    - the different types of roman artillery like we use to know

augustus reform:
    - legionaire cohort (they have lorica segmenta and have the typical square shield, can also have multiple colors and signs on it)
    - Armoured legionaire cohort (they have lorica segmenta and have the tipical roman square shield, would also need two turns to recruit, they are like the first cohorts, they are also crested and have less men and are carrying an eagle)
    - praetorian cohort (can only be recruited in Rome, after defeating the SPQR, take three turnes to recruit, have even lesser men then then the armoured legionaires but better stats, also have an eagle)
    - legionaire spearmen (yes also in Huge cities, but in limited amounts, so don't expect to train entire army's of them)
    - legionaire cav
    - praetorian cav
    - same auxilia's as previous reform
    - also the typical roman artillery

for the chinese empire i would take some units that are recruitable for the huns in the bello mundi mod, i don't know them by name. the same thing for th Nam viet, but maybe a more southern style and different colour, for this, some ideas are welcome

ps, modders that are planning to make a new classical era mod, you've got permission to use this idea. i'm no modder myself, so feel free to use this idea (just an idea, nothing has been done to make this into a real mod)

Default Re: just an idea: the old world: total war

Quote Originally Posted by killiat_thegreat View Post
    i've played de bello mundi a lot of times and got an idea based on it. just an idea

campaign map:
    in the bello mundi the campaign map is expanding from iceland and spain to india and the ganges-delta. i would expand the map to coastlines of china and indochina, so the far east is included.
    i would also give sicily more regions, 5 to 6 regions instead of 3, cyprus would be devided in two. malta would get it's own settlement, in italy i would also build more regions, so a lot of more regions(as much as possible can)

factions:
    as i see it there is room for three more factions, these we can use to create new factions in the far east like the chinese empire and Nam viet(ancient vietnam, could be a protectorate of the chinese empire).

- Romans
    - SPQR(senate of rome) (if you play as the romans and defeat this faction, you're republic becomes an empire(could be a script)
    - Carthage
    - gauls
    - noricum
    - celtiberians
    - germans
    - britons
    - greek city states
    - macedon
    - dacia
    - illyrians
    - thracia
    - seleucid empire
    - saka
    - Parthia
    - huns
    - indians
    - chinese empire
    - Nam Viet
    - bactria
    - garamentes
    - numidia
    - sarmatians
    - scythians
    - sabaeans
    - pontos
    - armenia

units:

but for the romans ( and SPQR) some changes need to be made: in the bello mundi you have the different legions inplemented in the mod, just get rid of it, i appreciate the hard work put in it, but it's a game, the reason why the romans gave there legions names was for administrative things. and the legiosystem from the expanded americas mod can be used ass well (anyway that gived me the feeling of an emperial army). and by using the historical legions and giving them specific regions to recruit from, the romans would be in a disadvantage from the moment they had conquered al those regions because (let us be honest) the auxilia troops are not that good to fight against the elite troops of other factions.
    and early republican guard (unit only for SPQRfaction, bound to Rome to recruit)
    marian reform:
    - early legion cohort (they have chainmail and ther shields look like the early legionaire shields(can have different colors and signs on it)
    - early legionaire spearmen (it's a game, some factions have OP cav, and this is as replacement for the triarii)
    - light auxilia
    - auxilia swordsmen
    - auxilia spearmen
    - early legionairy cav
    - auxilia cav

augustus reform:
    - legionaire cohort (they have lorica segmenta and have the typical square shield, can also have multiple colors and signs on it)
    - Armoured legionaire cohort (they have lorica segmenta and have the tipical roman square shield, would also need two turns to recruit, they are like the first cohorts, they are also crested and have less men and are carrying an eagle)
    - praetorian cohort (can only be recruited in Rome, after defeating the SPQR, take three turnes to recruit, have even lesser men then then the armoured legionaires but better stats, also have an eagle)
    - legionaire spearmen (yes also in Huge cities, but in limited amounts, so don't expect to train entire army's of them)
    - legionaire cav
    - praetorian cav

for the chinese empire i would take some units that are recruitable for the huns in the bello mundi mod, i don't know them by name. the same thing for th Nam viet, but maybe a more southern style and different colour, for this, some ideas are welcome

ps, modders that are planning to make a new classical era mod, you've got permission to use this idea. i'm no modder myself, so feel free to use this idea (just an idea, nothing has been done to make this into a real mod)
    starting year would be around 230 BC, end year around 110 AC

starting year would be around 230 BC, end year around 110 AC

campaign map:

factions:

- Romans
    - Carthage
    - gauls
    - noricum
    - celtiberians
    - germans
    - britons
    - greek city states
    - macedon
    - dacia
    - illyrians
    - thracia
    - seleucid empire
    - saka
    - Parthia
    - huns
    - indians
    - chinese empire
    - Nam Viet
    - bactria
    - garamentes
    - numidia
    - sarmatians
    - scythians
    - sabaeans
    - pontos
    - armenia

units:

marian reform:
    - light auxilia
    - auxilia swordsmen
    - auxilia spearmen
    - early legionairy cav
    - auxilia cav

augustus reform:
    - legionaire cav
    - praetorian cav

i would also have some emergent factions:
    - roman rebels
    - chinese rebels
    - sassanids

the roman rebels and the chinese rebels are like the barons alliance in the brittania campaign, when defeated, they can always return.

then the cultures:, this is a thing that's going to be maxed out:
    - barbarian-steppe
    - Chinese
    - Indian
    - Roman-Greek
    - Carthaginian
    - Eastern-Persian
    - (African, for the kushites, south of egypt)

I am people vienamse and I think that faction vietnam can is Ly or Tran Dynasty or Trinh-Nguyen war. This is history of vietnam:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr%E1%...%E1%BB%85n_War it is period Trinh-Nguyen and this is hisory of vietnam:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Vietnam
    I Used to play a lot about history of china at this forum:
    http://www.wanmod.com/forum.php
    in that I like most is 19th centery because this mod is expend come russia and I think that can share version 3.6:
    Link dowload: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dF86iVf
    code: 9yu3
    I think that it will very
    useful for friend killiat_thegreat if want learn about Asian history and especially Vietnam and China infuture will have version english for this mod but it will is a cycle is very long to have all language english for all mods from chinese. This is my facbook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Chenshuimale?ref=bookmarks if want contact with me I only is a moder translate for all mods of chinese

Quote Originally Posted by alexandersymoiw View Post
    I am people vienamse and I think that faction vietnam can is Ly or Tran Dynasty or Trinh-Nguyen war. This is history of vietnam:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr%E1%...%E1%BB%85n_War it is period Trinh-Nguyen and this is hisory of vietnam:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Vietnam
    I Used to play a lot about history of china at this forum:
    http://www.wanmod.com/forum.php
    in that I like most is 19th centery because this mod is expend come russia and I think that can share version 3.6:
    Link dowload: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dF86iVf
    code: 9yu3
    I think that it will very
    useful for friend killiat_thegreat if want learn about Asian history and especially Vietnam and China infuture will have version english for this mod but it will is a cycle is very long to have all language english for all mods from chinese. This is my facbook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Chenshuimale?ref=bookmarks if want contact with me I only is a moder translate for all mods of chinese
    the thing is, the timeframe, if you play with the roman timeframe (3thcentury bc until the 5 th ac, you have to chose a specific "stable" period. for the period i chose from around 230 bc until around 110 ac, the kingdom of Nam Viet(also called Nanyue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanyue) and that was rulled by the Triệu dynasty, it was conquered by the chinese against 111 bc, so it would perfectly fit into this idea of a mod.

ps: for the chinese empire a new unit for this idea:
    silkroad guard (3 turns to recruit, can only be recruited from settlements near the silk road.)

the thing is, the timeframe, if you play with the roman timeframe (3thcentury bc until the 5 th ac, you have to chose a specific "stable" period. for the period i chose from around 230 bc until around 110 ac, the kingdom of Nam Viet(also called Nanyue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanyue) and that was rulled by the Triệu dynasty, it was conquered by the chinese against 111 bc, so it would perfectly fit into this idea of a mod.

ps: for the chinese empire a new unit for this idea:
    silkroad guard (3 turns to recruit, can only be recruited from settlements near the silk road.)
    I see Nanyue have in three kingdoms korea or Han Zhi Shang. I think that you should expend Han Zhi Shang. I see at chinese they have Han Zhi Shang version is 1.05. Source: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qY5xX3A
    code: jg9f
    I think that should expend it

I see Nanyue have in three kingdoms korea or Han Zhi Shang. I think that you should expend Han Zhi Shang. I see at chinese they have Han Zhi Shang version is 1.05. Source: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qY5xX3A
    code: jg9f
    I think that should expend it

f i could chinese or something like that, i'm Belgian, i only speak three languages(official) Dutch, french and english.
    but i'm talking about the purple kingdom on the map:

I know it is my country but I think that you should expend Late Han Dynasty or Han Zhi Shang because why vietnames if you do about Nam Viet ia can are Po Zhao Dynasty. this is a language vietnamse about this period:
    https://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A0_Tri%E1%BB%87u
    I like three kingdoms because I think that you should expend it. I think that you can expend map for Late Han or warrsing states. I see have this mod at xiamod.com:
    http://www.xiamod.com/Medieval2/201508/546.html
    if you want do about Vietnamese culture I think that you must understand history vietnam I think that you can expand map for warring states or Late Han Dynasty. You can contact facbook with me if want find about history of vietnamse and I think that can co-operate with you to do mod I will wait your messenger on facbook again and I also have very many mods from forum of people china

I know it is my country but I think that you should expend Late Han Dynasty or Han Zhi Shang because why vietnames if you do about Nam Viet ia can are Po Zhao Dynasty. this is a language vietnamse about this period:
    I like three kingdoms because I think that you should expend it. I think that you can expend map for Late Han or warrsing states. I see have this mod at xiamod.com:
    if you want do about Vietnamese culture I think that you must understand history vietnam I think that you can expand map for warring states or Late Han Dynasty. You can contact facbook with me if want find about history of vietnamse and I think that can co-operate with you to do mod I will wait your messenger on facbook again and I also have very many mods from forum of people china

yea, but you have tho think about the period, in the map stands explicite 200 bc, this idea is build up on the idea to have an clasical mod that includes the far east(with the factions that are there for the period, i know, it is a relative political unstable period for the far east, but that is the reason why chose the chines empire(under the han dynasty) and the Nanue (Nam Viet) under the Triệu dynasty.

yea, but you have tho think about the period, in the map stands explicite 200 bc, this idea is build up on the idea to have an clasical mod that includes the far east(with the factions that are there for the period, i know, it is a relative political unstable period for the far east, but that is the reason why chose the chines empire(under the han dynasty) and the Nanyue (Nam Viet) under the Triệu dynasty. (i know, this dynasty was overthrown after almost 100 years of independence.
    the period of the three kingdoms starts almost 100 years after the timeperiod i'm aiming for., but i know that rebellions where almost a rule in ancient china(because of the many warlords of the time, what eventuallly led to the time of three kingdoms) that's why i would create the Chines Rebels as an emergent faction, that can reemerge as long the chines han-empire is existing in the campaign, a little bit like england and the baron's alliance in the original kingsdoms expansion., maybe by giving the Nam Viet a similar faction trait we can create a three kingdoms feeling.

Yes. I will wait you on facbook again. I have send a messenger for you

hello. this mod is yet complete I think that it is had died and cancel mod