Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Donald Trump mentaly \ morally fit for the presidency?

Senator

Default Re: Is Donald Trump mentaly fit for the presidency?

i mostly blame them for enabling trump. he picked up a hat, what a joke.
    Yeah human decency.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Obama used Marines to hold an umbrella over him in violation of Marine regulations stating that male Marines in uniform are not to hold umbrellas.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/ob...ella-protocol/
    Last edited by ByzantinePowerGame; July 09, 2017 at 03:43 PM.
    "God is, as man conceives Him, the reflected image of man himself." Albert Pike in Morals and Dogma (33° AASR)

Ignore list [to save time]-
    Ferrets54, Hanny, Harith, mongrel, Setekh, Gaidin, Bismarck1899, antaeus, empr guy, Enros, IronBrig4, The spartan, the_mango55, Sar1n,

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post
    Obama used Marines to hold an umbrella over him in violation of Marine regulations stating that male Marines in uniform are not to hold umbrellas.

I remember that argument. Fun times.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post

Wasn't the marine retroactively gender reassigned?.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Umm when did a military dictator become legitimate? - free and fair elections? Ohh god no Muammar Gaddafi came to power in coup - guess your bar for legitimacy is low what just time.
    Gaddafi represented a stable and functioning government, as opposed to terrorist groups that Obama helped take over Libya.
    All Obama huh, no Putin , no local agency...
    Obama himself admitted that.
    Erratic activity in Syria, Iraq and now back in A-stan - yep keep those eyes closed
    Its not really erratic. He did inherit the mess, which was result of incompetence of his predecessors.

Decanus

Can someone gently remind me who's POTUS because if I listen to these forums, this is still Obama ?
    Trump is still running for presidency, isn't it ?
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Don't think by yourself, apply dogma instead.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Trump tweeted a video about the G20 meeting, the song is very inspirational.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...33889613828096

Can't help feeling like I've heard it before though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    An amazing large crowd, and nobody is surprised. Trump Unpopular Worldwide, American Image Suffers | Pew Research

In Europe just 9% of Europeans surveyed have confidence in Trump.
    Which isn't a good thing and disheartens my confidence in my fellow European, especially considering how ludicrously positive they were towards the Obama administration when it just helped worsen the geopolitical situation for our continent (in which we gladly participated), simply because Obama was a charismatic figurehead.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394
    How are they silting their throats, and you should care find a better set of US allies and as wealthy and I'll be impressed.
    The European magnates are acting like children. Trump wants more protectionism for his country, exited the Climate Accord, criticized the handling of the refugee crisis, welcomed Brexit and is the first post-Cold War president to actually put his foot down on NATO contributions; and they're behaving as if the US has immediately stopped being an ally and a superpower. Trump hasn't turned his back on Europe, the controlfreaks in Brussels and Berlin have on the US, for probably the stupidest reasons we could've come up with considering the last few decades. We can't ally with Russia so the EU is trying to buddy up with the Chinese, who have shown every intention of milking us, just as Turkey is already planning. And of course Brussels is using everything as an excuse to force further expansion, integration and centralisation, which will inevitably backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394
    Umm when did a military dictator become legitimate? - free and fair elections? Ohh god no Muammar Gaddafi came to power in coup - guess your bar for legitimacy is low what just time.
    Yes, brutal violent civil war that will go on for years, rising fanatical extremism, possible famine and the creation of a massive human trafficking hub was definitely preferable. It absolutely couldn't have been handled better by the powers involved. Just bomb the country and poof, instant democracy.

I'm really ing glad Trump won in this respect. At least the possibility of us invading Syria for the same dubious reasons is relatively unlikely rather than near certain now.

All Obama huh, no Putin , no local agency...
    Both fought over Ukraine and both got mostly what they wanted from it. Obama a NATO-friendly Ukrainian regime, Putin the bases of Crimea and another frozen conflict Russian seperatist quasi-state. Europe is the only party which gained nothing of value, only pressure of our own sanctions, tensions with the Russkis and another corrupt, barely functioning state to support.

Erratic activity in Syria, Iraq and now back in A-stan - yep keep those eyes closed
    Pretty ridiculous to blame that on him when the entire reason the US is involved in those countries was the horrible decision to withdraw from the active conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the schizophrenic one to get half-involved in Syria, all three of which have flared up into the worst conflicts on the planet (again). People rightfully blame Bush for giving Obama a start with the occupations of those two countries but he made it even worse with short-sighted policies. At least Trump upped the airstrikes on ISIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Which isn't a good thing and disheartens my confidence in my fellow European, especially considering how ludicrously positive they were towards the Obama administration ...simply because Obama was a charismatic figurehead.
    I know you are disappointed. The same goes for the authoritarian/fascistoid Eastern Europe. Answering to your question, generally speaking, the Europeans are not stupid, they can tell the difference between Obama and Trump, a dangerous intellectual pygmy.

----
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Trump tweeted a video about the G20 meeting, the song is very inspirational.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...33889613828096

This shows the level of Trump's intelligence.
    Last edited by Ludicus; July 12, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

I believe the Rock wants to throw his jockstrap in the ring for Twenty Twenty.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/m...145438043.html

:/

11% of Trump voters believe they made a mistake and would have changed their votes now. However, unlike what the article surmises from that, this is in my opinion not bad for Trump at all. If Hillary had won the "disappointed, I would like to change my vote!" part would be the same or bigger. As such... Trumps repugnant twitter-storms and narcissism hasn't turned off his voters.
    I dare say that if Hillary was president paralyzed by a hostile House and senate and most states held by the Republicans and getting broadsides by the angry GOPers about scandals real and imagined or about the stolen-election, she would have bled more support.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/m...145438043.html

:/

11% of Trump voters believe they made a mistake and would have changed their votes now. However, unlike what the article surmises from that, this is in my opinion not bad for Trump at all. If Hillary had won the "disappointed, I would like to change my vote!" part would be the same or bigger. As such... Trumps repugnant twitter-storms and narcissism hasn't turned off his voters.
    I dare say that if Hillary was president paralyzed by a hostile House and senate and most states held by the Republicans and getting broadsides by the angry GOPers about scandals real and imagined or about the stolen-election, she would have bled more support.
    Likely true in that the Dems need finally get their house in order. The far left of their party is as bad as tea party, its just they waste their vote or don't vote. From a US perspective as a progressive I can't really underscore how pissed I about their smugness 'I voted for Nader and Stine and so am pure' did and does drive me nuts...

From from the left side a Hillery win would still have been good. Republican obstruction would have looked worse, no Trump nominee to the SCOTUS, and even if mostly frozen at least government by competent individuals and flat line budgets.

-------------

The European magnates are acting like children. Trump wants more protectionism for his country, exited the Climate Accord, criticized the handling of the refugee crisis, welcomed Brexit and is the first post-Cold War president to actually put his foot down on NATO contributions; and they're behaving as if the US has immediately stopped being an ally and a superpower. Trump hasn't turned his back on Europe, the controlfreaks in Brussels and Berlin have on the US, for probably the stupidest reasons we could've come up with considering the last few decades. We can't ally with Russia so the EU is trying to buddy up with the Chinese, who have shown every intention of milking us, just as Turkey is already planning. And of course Brussels is using everything as an excuse to force further expansion, integration and centralisation, which will inevitably backfire.
    Not sure I can discern a policy out of that. If the yam wants protectionism why is it not aimed at China? Look at his grand band standing with Ford

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/b...roduction.html

Guess where Mexico buys supplies and capital goods due to NAFTA - North America, China not so much. The plant was going to move and now it will move to place that buys less from the US. But I guess that pointless post election sound tweet is long dead - have fun with you treason.

exited the Climate Accord
    Poor optics and just keep fracking trends going and would likely fill sell imposed rules that would look good - so stupid.

and is the first post-Cold War president to actually put his foot down on NATO contributions
    Too what end? You realize the USA rather disliked back in the day say the UK and France had military structures that could act on their own - Suez Crisis come to mind? (Not to Trump I doubt if he could even reference it out of the blue sans promoter or Google) Yes It costs the US to have NATO countries all as more or less adjuncts to the US, but there is a return on that investment. Now as a European I dunno how that feels, being attached to US policy, but I do know Trump's whining about is foolish and thoughtless and stupid.

In any case the 2% rule is only ~10 years old. And in general I rather sure that for most of the cold war most people in Europe and the US really did not want Germany to spending too much on their military...

Trump hasn't turned his back on Europe
    He has he has repeatedly thrown good allies under the bus for his Russia connections. The man is a fool and quite likely a traitor, although I grant he might such a narcissist and fool that he does not realize that.

Pretty ridiculous to blame that on him when the entire reason the US is involved in those countries was the horrible decision to withdraw from the active conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the schizophrenic one to get half-involved in Syria, all three of which have flared up into the worst conflicts on the planet (again). People rightfully blame Bush for giving Obama a start with the occupations of those two countries but he made it even worse with short-sighted policies. At least Trump upped the airstrikes on ISIS.
    And your solution was/is endless occupation even when the locals don't want it? Because the USSR did so well in A-stan or the UK before them or Imperial Russia. Baht exactly do think was going to happen with another turn of duty for another what 10,000 troops or 20 K? What? Iraq was GB jrs mess and frankly I would not even bother - let ISIS control half the country. Better out than not the surge was a waste of blood. Wait I'm old enough to recall when leaving Vietnam was great disaster and American power would be broken...
    Last edited by conon394; July 14, 2017 at 08:21 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Most of the problems US has right now were simply inherited by Trump from his less competent predecessors. Blaming him for wars and conflicts that Bush and Obama started (directly or through puppets/CIA) is idiotic at best.
    Trump isn't throwing his allies under the bus (unless one implies that not starting WW3 against Russia, like Hillary wanted to, constitutes as such). NATO itself is functionally and politically obsolete organization, hell, we are very likely to actually see a military conflict within NATO itself, with Turkey under Erdogan becoming some kind of ISIS lite. As for armchair psychiatrists giving Trump diagnosis based on articles they've read about him in some legacy media fake news articles - that's just hilarious.

Trump is failing because he's a puppet and has no idea either how to legally run a successful business venture nor a country.

The trick to getting him to do anything is to be the last person he talks to before he makes a decision, which is why he appears to be waffling on the Paris agreement, since Macron had his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Trump is failing because he's a puppet and has no idea either how to legally run a successful business venture nor a country.
    Which is why he became one of the richest businessmen in the country, who is now holding the most powerful political office.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Which is why he became one of the richest businessmen in the country, who is now holding the most powerful political office.
    Running a business is nowhere like running a country. And thanks to some very insightful people 200-250 years ago, the "most powerful political office" doesn't have much power. He's blocked at every turn from courts, senate, house etc from pushing his agenda.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    he told local American commanders that they can act without prior authorization.
    How far can they go?
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Moderator Emeritus

Well, more signs that Bill Clinton is becoming less presidential himself: https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-clin...163044777.html
    Kinda funny photo, but for an ex-president? Come on, show some class.

The pressure is off him; I'd bet that now that Hillary's had two unsuccessful goes at the brass ring, he's off the hook.

As regards to what American field commanders can come up with on their own:

Moderator Emeritus

Actually they shought his approval on that I think. It's as powerful as a small nuke for all intents and purposes (but doesn't have the stigma or the radiation).

EDIT: Apparently some media sources find Bill's antics charming in the photo that he goes "Cha!" between the two Bush presidents...
    I wonder what they would say if Trump was jumping on the other side of Bush 2 and with a funny grimace. Wouldn't they (rightfully) consider that idiotic, (rightfully) unpresidential and (rightfully) a sign of oncoming senility?

How long till we can say that Bill Clinton is losing it?
    Last edited by alhoon; July 14, 2017 at 10:02 PM.