Thread: [NEW COURSE]: Legacy Modding Basics I (LMB I) - Official Sign-up

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default [NEW COURSE]: Legacy Modding Basics I (LMB I) - Official Sign-up

Info
    Legacy modding basics (Rome Total War - Medieval 2 Kingdoms)

Course will start mid March until mid-late May.

The goal of this course is the students to
    learn the basics about modding rtw-m2 so they can do small changes or submods in order to get closer to "What a modder is" and inspire them to try and learn even more by themselves. About the course this can't be happen in one course only and if this course has success more will follow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12121.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	343843

Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Default Re: [NEW COURSE]: Legacy Modding Basics I (LMB I) - Official Sign-up

OF COURSE I am signing up! Please, teacher, enlighten us!

It was about time that I reorganized my modding knowledge into a coherent body.

EDIT: Could you please give us a rough description of what will be taught? Location of files? What does each file do? What to edit first? How to set up a submod?
    I'm not asking for anything in detail, just a few words.
    Last edited by Socrates1984; March 07, 2017 at 02:46 AM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Take up and shut my money!!!!

(I'm in! )

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

I am not sure I I can do it due RL but I will try
    so I am in
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Well good good, the limit is set to 5 students or 15 March. From 16 March the lessons are starting!
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12121.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	343843
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

We have enough students i will start to prepare my schedule and the first lesson.

Dear boGia de Bodemloze,

that is a good idea. I always wanted to change the music in a medieval mod, will that be included?
    Maybe it could be a modding tool to change music in all kingdom mods easily.

Sorry my english is not very well :-(

Greets from Germany

M.

The most interesting and demanded is lua scripting.

I don't know lua nor i am interested, we are old school here.

Ok guys in the first lesson we will speak general about the theory of modding and about the tools that we use. Please install:
    Win Merge:
    http://winmerge.org/?lang=en
    Notepad ++
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.3.3.html

And if you can a version of photoshop. Gimp may work too but i prefer photoshop. We need it for tga files.

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

I would like to see some artifacts from this course.
    Can you take a video with jing or some other source?
    Or document what you covered so I can ask more specific questions.
    I've been trying to mod TW for several years, but I find the process clumsy with PFM and excel.
    I can donate.
    GDWitt

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Ok guys in the first lesson we will speak general about the theory of modding and about the tools that we use. Please install:
    Win Merge:
    http://winmerge.org/?lang=en
    Notepad ++
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.3.3.html

And if you can a version of photoshop. Gimp may work too but i prefer photoshop. We need it for tga files.
    about photoshop is there a free version a quick google search shows me that you need to pay for it which I don't want

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Well i think you could find lot of "free" versions outside here...
    Anyway if you can't find any versions, you can use Gimp.

We finally have class, please join

All of you must join this user group:

TWC University Student

In order to post when we will make the class lessons

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Go to this page and search for "University":

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/profi...editusergroups

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Go to this page and search for "University":

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/profi...editusergroups
    Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    All of you must join this user group:

TWC University Student

In order to post when we will make the class lessons
    tried both search words but it does not help one bit
    I am lost now
    can somebody send a private link?

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Follow the link and it should be second from the bottom, no need to search anything.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.