Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [NEW COURSE]: Hellenic and Hellenistic History I - Official Sign-up

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default [NEW COURSE]: Hellenic and Hellenistic History I - Official Sign-up

Info
    Hellenistic and Hellenic History from First Greek colonization until to the occupation of Egypt from the romans 30 BC plus indogreek kingdom history as a bonus 10 AD.

Course will start mid March until mid-late May.

The goal of this course is the students to learn about the hellenic and hellenistic history. This can't be happen in one course only and if this course has success more will follow.

Remember this is a not a school course so it's not going to be boring, we are going to use many new methods about the process of learning history. We are going also to have discussions and talk about alternate history.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4041793.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	343842
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: [NEW COURSE]: Hellenic and Hellenistic History I - Official Sign-up

I'm up for this, I'm interested in the whole process of 'Helenisation', and the processes that brought it about.

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Yes, me too!

Being a Greek myself, I surely know a few things about Greek history, but, first, a good revision is always good and second, I seem to have wiped all memories of the hellenistic era in particular.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

I'm in.

Edit: to expand a bit, I've read through Michael Grant's The Rise of the Greeks and am now reading The Classical Greeks, plus I've read Flaceliere's book about daily life in Athens. Sadly, my middling skills at Modern Greek do not suffice for Ancient Greek so I've had to read Aristophanes translated into English rather than the original. So I'm not completely uninformed.
    Last edited by Treva ★; March 08, 2017 at 08:28 PM.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

My knowledge is zero in this department, so I'd love to learn. Count me in!

I will accept students until 15 March, from 16 the lessons are starting!
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I'm in.

You can count me in, I'm very interested in the period although my knowledge of the period mostly comes from pop culture, wikipedia, youtube videos, google searches, and EBII. Would love to have more knowledge and be able to learn them in a coherent manner

boGia, remember that we're spread out across timezones so not all of us will reply instantly.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Ιndeed i will give some days to reply.

Ok i think we are ok, we have many students i will start to prepare my schedule and the first lesson.

I just read this idea of you providing history lessons about the Hellenic time period ?
    Great !
    In what form are you going to provide your awesome course ?

Well i prepared my schedule i think you will like it, the course would be like this: I will prepare every time one lesson, i will post and you will have 3 days to ask questions and discuss it and 4 days to send me the answers to questions i would tell you via pm. The most important to history is not for example when battle of salamis happened but why and what was the result. I am not a historian but i bet i would be the best historian you ever had.

Better than Irodotos or Xenofon?
    СИНДИКАТ!

Haha not that good

As you have agreed I'm joining too .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

ΟK guys the first lesson would be about Greek Dark Ages, you are free to make your own research to have a general background until the first lesson.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Will do mate. When is the first lesson?

Cooould we have a timeline?
    СИНДИКАТ!

Week 1, Introduction - Greek Dark Ages, General Hellenic Historical Background
    Week 2, First and Second Greek Colonization
    Week 3, Archaic period, Greek Tyrants
    Week 4, Greco-Punic Wars
    Week 5, Greco-Persian Wars
    Week 6, Hellenic Hegemonies
    Week 7, Alexander the Great Conquests/ Diadochi Wars
    Week 8, Greco-Roman Wars
    Week 9, Last Hellenistic Stands
    Week 10, Finale

Almost finished the first lesson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast