Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Gameplay options for IMPERIAL DESTROYER

Default Re: Gameplay options for IMPERIAL DESTROYER

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    You can change all of those in pack file manager. Should edit the lord core pack, look for buildings, technology. You can find the units you want in there too. I also felt construction time was long, so i cut that in half, and also reduced technology time.
    More questions I'm afraid. I'm new to PFM (which may be obvious) and I don't really understand how it works. For example when I open the Lord Core pack and go to buildings, technology, on the right hand side I see only a list of "tribal" buildings. What I want to do is half the time it takes to construct buildings and research technology so where do I find this? Is there a tutorial anywhere? Thanks for any help.

can you add me on steam cody712 so I can help you. It is easier that way.

Added Cody712.

Hello i wanted to modded Serbia as playable faction in this mod like some one did with " Jacobite Britain" but i dont now really how so if some one can give me basic tips about moding startpos i would be grateful. tnx.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Added new option
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnmjbuctcsaj66s/1Lord_less_accurate_shots.rar/file
    Less accurate shots like it was in version 6.0. An ammo wasn't touched.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

So with this submod ammo is infinite also?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    So with this submod ammo is infinite also?
    Nope, it is just for future submods for ammo.

return the 999 shots of the 5.0 update please :3

Patrician

I did base option for your submods on ammo.

Hi. I made a few modifications for most recent ID version that I wanted to share, but unfortunately could not figure out how to copy individual db's from the main pack file in order to create a smaller pack file to upload and share. I can post if anyone would be interested in the changes and could offer some help in creating the necessary pack files. Ping me if you are interested and can help with PFM. I can make them separate or combine together with other submods if logical.

1. 4 cannons + 50% cannon range increase
    2. 10X ammo for all land units (I could add 2X land units here too as that's what I like playing on, but it's pretty easy for anyone to edit the multiplier value in scripts, so I didn't yet)
    3. Infinite trade ships

Here are the Pack files with updated values. I haven't fully playtested, but they work well on my end. No crashes yet.

1. 4 Cannons + 50% increased cannon range + 10X land unit ammo:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4a69r7...XAmmo.rar/file
    - I suggest that you use 2X units sizes with this as cannons can be a bit OP.
    - To do this go to the following path C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts (Most likely will be here), where <your user> is your current local username and open preferences.empire_script.
    - There is a key "campaign_unit_multiplier". Edit the integer value there, for example, to 2 in order to multiply unit size for every unit by 2.

2. Same as LordTradeShip.pack, but added unlimited trade ships:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/j93h80...inite.rar/file

UPDATE: LordTradeShip.pack submod update functions fine, however the cannons submod will not work as is. I'm trying to figure it out currently. It works if you edit the values within Lord_.*.pack files, but for some reason crashes when used separately as a .pack file. I looked into Lord's other submods to understand, but haven't found a solution yet. I've tried starting it as a mod, movie, and patch with no luck, as well as limiting the scope to individual features such as just cannon number instead of one large submod file. I will post a working version later tonight that you can use in the meantime by replacing the main Lord files until I find a solution. This is my first time modding and I was overly excited and maybe should have tested more ....

Ok, here's the temp fix. It worked in all the campaigns and battles I tested with all different artillery. You do need to overwrite some main mod files. This contains replacements for the Lord_core and Lord_dbunits packs: changes canon amounts to 4 and multiplies starting ammo for units by 5 (10 seemed like too much in retrospect, but if you want 10x that isn't hard to do). I haven't figured out how to alter range yet because there is a bug with increasing the range on mortars. Please save a copy of the original files, as again these have minimal playtesting so there may be bugs still. Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mo6tw...XAmmo.rar/file

Huge thanks to you lylax ! That makes me reinstall the mod ;)

Edit : I really enjoy having more ammo, but could it be possible to make infinite again please ? ;) Or if you don't want to, how could I modify the game files myself ? Thanks !
    Last edited by Aerys IV le Grand; January 25, 2019 at 02:19 PM.

I would also be interested in more ammo then 5x Like it is in Darthmod for example, I really hate the amount of ammo you have in the vanilla build of imperial destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Huge thanks to you lylax ! That makes me reinstall the mod

Edit : I really enjoy having more ammo, but could it be possible to make infinite again please ? Or if you don't want to, how could I modify the game files myself ? Thanks !

Hey! Yeah that shouldn't be difficult. I'm honestly really surprised that you've been running out of ammo, but then again I was play testing mostly on Russia, so they retreat after 3 volleys (бедные крестьяне, мы вас никогда не забудем...). I'll see if I can make it infinite in practice without crashes, and try to update today/tomorrow. I've recently been getting some lag and crashes at times, but not sure yet if that is due to the changes I made or not. Anyways, glad you are enjoying it!

Ok thanks ! Take your time !

Ammo Submod for Imperial Destroyer 6.1 - 60 rounds for the boys

Hey guys,

so usually I do not comment in this forum, but lately I felt the urge to play E:TW again and found out about this amazing mod. Unfortunately the latest version introduced some major changes - only 1 - 3 rounds of ammunition for units - many people did not agree with apparently.

So I rushed to the forum and download the submod made by
    lylax4769 - thank you for your work. I think 5x more ammo is a good start, but did not quite do it for me so I took matters into my own hands last evening without any idea how to actually mod Empire: Total War.
    So what I did was, I opened Lord_Core.pack and Lord_dbunits.pack with the Pack File Manager, went to unit_stats_land_tables and gave every infantry and cav unit, that uses ranged weapons (muskets, bows,...) 60 rounds of ammunition - this was mainly to save some time, so I hope I did not give some indian tomahawk unit 60 tomahawks This was done really quick and is untested for the most part, so some feedback is highly appreciated.
    By the way I left artillery units untouched.

Cheers

Version 1.0
    https://uploadfiles.io/3yki1

I tested only on 3 battles but so far so good
    Huge thanks to you Wookienator, and also Lylax for your previous fix !
    Now I'm fully enjoying Imperial Destroyer + VDM again !

Thanks, Wookienator! btw, what I did originally and it may save you time in the future as well as give you the option to save the original scaling and automatically avoid giving ammo to 0 ammo units is right click on the ammo column and select apply expression. This will allow you to set a mathematical expression in order to change values in a column all at once i.e. what I did (x*5). You do need to include an "x" variable to represent the current value for it to work.