Thread: 2.2g auto-generate AI siege defenders

Default 2.2g auto-generate AI siege defenders

I've been away from EB for a while. I was pretty surprised to see that it's come to this. If the AI won't garrison its cities, we'll just magically spawn a dozen plus units when the player attacks.

Is there some kind of setting I can change to do away with this?

Default Re: 2.2g auto-generate AI siege defenders

It only applies to capital cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    It only applies to capital cities.
    Precisely. It applies only to the capital cities, and it spawns up to 10 (not "a dozen plus") regular- and levy-grade units prior to an assault. It's primarily there to stop the AI steamrollering each other, but also to slow down blitzing players.

Either way, it's clearly labelled in the script if you want to delete it yourself.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    I've been away from EB for a while. I was pretty surprised to see that it's come to this. If the AI won't garrison its cities, we'll just magically spawn a dozen plus units when the player attacks.

Is there some kind of setting I can change to do away with this?
    Garrison scripts imo are generally a good idea, when provinces were attacked, they would generate local militia to defend their homes would they not? Therefore the modders have created a sense of realism rather than "by magic"
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Garrison scripts imo are generally a good idea, when provinces were attacked, they would generate local militia to defend their homes would they not? Therefore the modders have created a sense of realism rather than "by magic"
    And they even went this way in later incarnations of the series. Garrison scripts may be a sub-optimal way of doing that thing, but you work with the engine you've got.

I only have an issue with garrison scripts that spawn a bunch of units that couldn't reasonably be mustered in great numbers on short notice. Glad that's not the case with EB2.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    And they even went this way in later incarnations of the series. Garrison scripts may be a sub-optimal way of doing that thing, but you work with the engine you've got.
    Roma Surrectum goes a step further and gives you a choice of no garrison, less emergency/less garrison & default garrison.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Roma Surrectum goes a step further and gives you a choice of no garrison, less emergency/less garrison & default garrison.
    Given each one is settlement-specific, we're not doing that. That would triple the size of that particular script, which is already pretty long.