Thread: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Doubling down on political naivety does not change the fact.
    It certainly doesn't change the fact that Mueller received total support of any government he served under as the head of FBI.
    The Armenian Issue

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Stone pleads the fifth, which of course means he's totally innocent and has nothing to say.

Which is hilarious because Trump himself has said that only guilty people plead the fifth. Hooray!

I'm assuming the Senate is not amused. Also I don't think Stone's lawyer understands how the Fifth Amendment works

"Mr. Stone's invocation of his Fifth Amendment privilege must be understood by all to be the assertion of a Constitutional right by an innocent citizen who denounces secrecy," Stone's attorney, Grant Smith, said in the letter, dated Dec. 3.
    Also I'm assuming if Mueller has an indictment waiting for him regardless of Stone's tantrum in front of Congress, then the 5th doesn't matter.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...is-substantial

seems flynn has sung quite a song. guess that should motivate other potential collaborators.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post

seems flynn has sung quite a song. guess that should motivate other potential collaborators.
    Mueller’s prosecutors described Flynn in the filing as a valuable cooperator in the Russia investigation as well as an unknown criminal investigation and a third matter, the subject and details of which are completely redacted. Flynn sat for 19 interviews with the special counsel’s office and other Justice Department prosecutors over the course of nearly a year, in addition to providing documents and communications, according to the filing.
    That part stands out to me. What the hell ELSE is going on?

I'm assuming the unknown criminal one is the plot to kidnap Gulen and hand him over to the Turks but what else?

Seeing that might be making this administration quake a bit. Flynn was a member of the administration directly for 3 weeks (lol) and served as part of the transition team and other facets if I remember correctly...so who knows what else he may have.

Edit: I am a bit uneasy that he will neither formally lose his rank nor his pension, though. This is a ing retired 3-Star general we are talking about...He doesn't deserve that distinction anymore. But at least he has fulfilled a purpose. As you said Hannibal...he must be singing a ing charanade loud enough that the WH is hearing it.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; December 04, 2018 at 08:58 PM.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Ha, Ha , Ha! All you guys have been saying for over a year is Flynn! Flynn! Flynn! Now he gets a zero sentence, keeps his rank and pension! Guess what? The shoe is about to flip. Mueller and his cronies have dug a deep hole for their buddies, what with Comey about to testify this Friday, McCabe in deep doo doo, and on record evidence of lying to Congress by Brennan, etc.

If you want to know what this is about, it's about hoping the problems about to be encountered by all of Mueller's buddies will go away. The Washington hotel thing is a long shot at best, hoping to sway public opinion and keeping the bots plugged in. You shouldn't give us a heavy sentence. Look what Flynn got! That sort of thing.

Blog Entries

Here, read it again...this time I'll bold it so you can't miss it

Mueller’s prosecutors described Flynn in the filing as a valuable cooperator in the Russia investigation as well as an unknown criminal investigation and a third matter, the subject and details of which are completely redacted. Flynn sat for 19 interviews with the special counsel’s office and other Justice Department prosecutors over the course of nearly a year, in addition to providing documents and communications, according to the filing.
    Now read it slower.

Mueller’s...prosecutors...described...Flynn...in...the...filing...as...a...valuable...cooperator...in...the...Russia...investigation
    Better? Do you understand now? Do I need to provide flash cards like Trump needs when discussing things slightly more difficult than a high school level of basic knowledge (also known as a grade too far for most Trump supporters)?

I think I'm starting to understand how Trump, who probably cannot read, may appeal his followers so much if they are deliberately ignoring this kind of thing.

What do you have to gain by this deliberate ignorance to reality?

---------

Setting aside this ridiculousness, knowing that Flynn is wrapped up in two additional investigations separate from Mueller's productive one, means there might be two more unknown players in this game.

Also I don't think Flynn is done. I doubt the military is done with him...I hope they strip him of everything he has. There's no reason a confirmed traitor should keep such ranks befitting of greater men. But I'm assuming Cadet Bone Spurs may raise more of a fuss over that if he cares to bother. I doubt he cares much for Flynn anymore now that he has turned.

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

Ha, Ha , Ha! All you guys have been saying for over a year is Flynn! Flynn! Flynn! Now he gets a zero sentence, keeps his rank and pension!
    Yeah, because he cooperated with the investigation. According to the filing: Flynn 1) violated the Logan Act by illegally trying to negotiate a quid pro quo with Russian sanctions, 2) failed to register as a Foreign Agent for the Republic of Turkey, and 3) lied TWICE about the other two to the Department of Justice.

Manafort, who did not, is effectively getting a life sentence. Mueller is keeping the true extent of what he knows close to his chest.

Guess what? The shoe is about to flip. Mueller and his cronies have dug a deep hole for their buddies, what with Comey about to testify this Friday, McCabe in deep doo doo, and on record evidence of lying to Congress by Brennan, etc.
    Evidence to support ANY of these claims?

If you want to know what this is about, it's about hoping the problems about to be encountered by all of Mueller's buddies will go away.
    Any evidence to support any of THESE claims? Who's to say they are in trouble?

The Washington hotel thing is a long shot at best, hoping to sway public opinion and keeping the bots plugged in. You shouldn't give us a heavy sentence. Look what Flynn got! That sort of thing.
    Wew laddie, I think you might be a tad confused. The Trump Organization is falling under massive scrutiny and none of Trump's men can stop that. In the words of Former Trump National Security Advisor Stephen Bannon "it's all about money laundering." Michael Cohen was compelled to plead guilty that he tried to get a Moscow Hotel deal going during the campaign, with the $50 million penthouse reserved for Putin, and the rest for his oligarchs (it's to launder money to evade sanctions; since the value of real estate is subjective and can conceal the origin of money).

We're just getting started.

Blog Entries

Jesus Christ Giuliani may be less competent than Trump and that is saying a lot.

He's supposed to be intelligent and a "Cyber Security Expert" and he's blaming twitter for his own idiocy. And the original Tweet is STILL UP and has been updated!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

Bahahah, i saw that. It was triggered by the short link in his text where he forgot a space. But muh deep state.

Also of note, it seems some friendly foreign hackers hacked the NRCC email system. The National Republican Congressional Committee revealed they were “unaware of the attack” until journalists contacted them. They believed it to be “foreign in nature”, neglected to notify rank and file Republican Congressmen, and then proceeded to hire the same New York PR firm affiliated with Paul Manafort that Special Counsel Mueller referred to the SDNY for criminal prosecution.

Take a guess as to which country they likely belong to.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...8-hack-1043309

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post

In legal parlance, Flynn sung like a canary. Nineteen times.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Blog Entries

That's the second time.

Very few people remember that it was both the RNC AND the DNC that were hacked in 2016. Yet only the Democrats info was leaked.

To me, that means that either the RNC had nothing interesting...or the far more likely case...had MUCH more interesting, things that were found. I do not doubt at all that Russia has compromising material over the Republican Party. It's the only thing that makes sense given how much they have been kowtowing to them, mysterious visits by Congressmen to Russia, etc...

The sad thing is they would rather sell themselves and the country out, if that were the case, than come clean.

What a sad, sad state the right is. Thank god not all of them are spineless.

Ha, Ha , Ha! All you guys have been saying for over a year is Flynn! Flynn! Flynn! Now he gets a zero sentence, keeps his rank and pension! Guess what? The shoe is about to flip. Mueller and his cronies have dug a deep hole for their buddies, what with Comey about to testify this Friday, McCabe in deep doo doo, and on record evidence of lying to Congress by Brennan, etc.

If you want to know what this is about, it's about hoping the problems about to be encountered by all of Mueller's buddies will go away. The Washington hotel thing is a long shot at best, hoping to sway public opinion and keeping the bots plugged in. You shouldn't give us a heavy sentence. Look what Flynn got! That sort of thing.
    You really need to stop digging this hole you're in. Seriously. You can not cover the massive failure of one argument over the massive failure of an other. TheDarkKnight made it abundantly obvious for you. The level of double standards you're exhibiting in these posts are mind boggling.
    The Armenian Issue

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I think at this point engaging with these counter-narratives, which are dumber and more desperate than ever, is pretty pointless. Nothing came of Uranium One, nothing came of the Nunes memo. May as well be discussing the flat earth theory. Flynn sang like a bird but apparently Mueller is the one in trouble. Sure, okay. Save yourselves the hassle, don't humour the nonsense.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Blog Entries

Well...SOMETHING has come from the Nunes memo, but I don't think it's what Republicans wanted.

Nunes himself said that if they lose the House "all this goes away" and they won't be able to protect Trump. Now I bet the Democrats in the house want to take a much closer look into what he meant by that.

If only the Senate had been captured. A pity. But I suppose whenever the Senate falls to the Dems (2020) then, so long as they keep the House, there will be nothing stopping them from impeaching Trump on the spot if he gets a second term miraculously. And even if he doesn't he is going to be screw on investigations into what he did forever. He's more likely to die from the stress than be imprisoned at this rate.

I mean...Look at what has happened in the last four weeks. The meltdowns on twitter, etc...ANd hasn't even actually happened yet. Come January...Trump's days may be numbered. We don't know. But since even the Senate seems to be suspicious of some of the things he is doing, who knows.

Smartest thing the House and Senate could do right now is impeach and remove both of them now and install Ryan as President...that would be both legendary and chicken at the same time. But with Ryan recently attending an event that was sponsored by a Russian oligarch...that may not be the best maneuver either.

Either way the next year will be interesting. Trump's free ride is over, and is troubles are only starting.

I'm just curious about one thing.

With american public being fixed firmly on this theatre, what parts of US or its citizen's rights are they selling under the table now? Last I recall were parts of national park, and opening way to private censorship when net neutrality went comparatively quietly down, so what's it this time?

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I do hope one day we'll learn just how far Nunes and Republicans on the House Committee went to protect Trump. Their insane focus on catching 'leakers', revealing 'bias', all while ignoring actual lines of investigation, was unbelievable. Their effort to disrupt and undermine the inquiry seemed so brazen, especially when they started revealing FBI methods and whatnot. Glad they weren't successful.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I'm just curious about one thing.

With american public being fixed firmly on this theatre, what parts of US or its citizen's rights are they selling under the table now? Last I recall were parts of national park, and opening way to private censorship when net neutrality went comparatively quietly down, so what's it this time?
    This is why I wish the Senate had been captured.

My own dream is to have the house fully mechanized towards achieving three goals:

1. Handle and counter Trump's . Since that happens in the morning everyday while he is throwing a Twitter Tantrum on the toilet, easy enough. Schiff seems to piss off Trump alone so he could probably do that by his lonesome.
    2. Legislate
    3. Investigate

This would be much easier if the Senate were on board, so that way they'd have both houses actually working together to do their job...Provide a check and balance on the president. Because these s believed Trump was their meal ticket they were more than willing to bend over and offer themselves and their principles for judicial appointments and the tax cut their donors wanted. Along the way, they lost their purpose. Because you know if they were not getting that, if this were all Democrats doing this, the Republican congressmen and women would be screaming bloody murder. But since it is "their guy"...No biggie.

This is also why Nunes and his ilk need to be shown the door. They need to be wise with how they use that power because of the optics that will create...if they can only get rid of one, use Nunes as an example and kick his ass out and open an investigation into his criminal behavior. String him up high and make sure he does not get away with it. The good people of Fresno County will get the over it. And it's not like there haven't been 2-3 confirmed criminals on the Republican side of the House lately...one more is hardly surprising.

--------

Katsumoto...Not only the house, but other operatives trying to get rid of Mueller and company. The fact that little punk kid tried to have women claim Mueller raped them is so ing stupid...I really hope he eventually gets arrested. He deserves it in so many ways, as both falsely accusing a federal agent AND trying to hinder an investigation he should at least get a decade to think about it behind bars. He may talk tough on the internet but I'm sure he would sing like a the second the FBI knocked on his door. I'm curious if someone hired him to do it or if he thought it would be a fun prank to do on his own. If it's the former...follow the trail. Wouldn;t be surprised if it led back to someone like Nunes to be honest.

Don't expect an actual indictment.

Both parties have been running this theatre for decades. It's all about polarization of society to allow better control and gain support for extreme measures, milking the citizens while distracting them from serious issues and generally running things how they want without public interference.

The whole thing has been speeding up and becoming extreme due to interference from internet media, which allowed Americans easy access to another point of view. But it's just a show. Trump won't be indicted because that would have undesirable effect on the trust in the office of POTUS, not just the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Last I recall were parts of national park, and opening way to private censorship when net neutrality went comparatively quietly down, so what's it this time?
    They wanted to erase Net Neutrality history but couldn't.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

People who haven't flipped through the documents should flip through them. Because uhh...wow. Even what it doesn't tell you tells you a little something.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Gaidin; December 05, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson