Thread: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

How is it that there could be anyone, anyone at all, could say there's nothing going on here is simply beyond me. Perhaps each individual case, by itself, may seem that there is nothing here, but if you look at the laundry list of individuals both indicted and sentenced, you can very clearly see the bigger picture here that there was certainly at the very least an attempt to coordinate with the Russians.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Putin - Trump Controversy: Here to Stay - Links between Trump and Russia are being officially investigated by the FBI

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    How is it that there could be anyone, anyone at all, could say there's nothing going on here is simply beyond me. Perhaps each individual case, by itself, may seem that there is nothing here, but if you look at the laundry list of individuals both indicted and sentenced, you can very clearly see the bigger picture here that there was certainly at the very least an attempt to coordinate with the Russians.
    Is this akin to the seriousness of the charges are sufficient to mean guilt? Or is it just the number of accusations must mean that some must be true?

You were correct though when you referred to this as a 'laundry list'.

I am not a fan of the Urban Dictionary, this seems to be spot on for a laundry list meaning:

Urban Dictionary: laundry list

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=laundrylist
    "Laundry list" refers to a list of characteristics or items that are generally considered to be mundane or distasteful. Items on the list tend to pile up , just like dirty laundry . No partying for me this weekend.

Mundane and distasteful sums it up nicely.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Not my fault you don't know how these investigations work.

Look dude, Manafort pled guilty a month ago and is cooperating with investigators. But the judge on the rocket docket in Virginia is not convinced yet they should have to wait for his cooperation for them to make a decision on the retrial given the Speedy Trial Rights Act. So, holy crap, news keeps coming up.

Look dude, google before you post.
    Yep I am ignorant of US law. Do you see similarities with Whitewater?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Flynn was skinned for something every administration does, getting relationships started early. He (and others) are most likely slime covered scum from the Washington swamp. Their boss is not exactly competent so its possible he's hired some colluders. We do have Don Jr colluding for all he's worth, and he TWEETED THE EVIDENCE.

I can't emphasize enough how unlikely it is that Trump is somehow subtle and brilliant enough to conceal some putative Russian collusion when no.1 son tweeted his own noose after it became apparent people were looking for exactly what he tweeted to incriminate his father. I think Trump's a sloppy incompetent and his hired help is of variable quality. Some of them have broken the law, like the last administration, and the one before that....

I don't think Muller's investigation is in good faith. I think its political more than legal, and its not justice. Happy to be proved wrong.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Errm. You assert you believe in unicorns and ask to be proved wrong.

The FBI is an executive branch, this investigation has been protected by Comey (started in the Bush DOJ) and Rosenstein (trump appointee) for good reason. Three different intelligent branches have corroborated the basic premise in the US not to mention international ones. The amount of money changing hands is jaw dropping.

Trump may have plausible deniability here but by most election laws violations by campaigners can be held against the candidate i.e. if your campaigners put a bunch of signs in an illegal area, you can be fined for it. This serves as a guard against people doing illegal things to get you elected then allowing you to wash your hands of it. The investigation is not to see if collusion took place, merely the full extent of how much. Given the number of indictments, the number of guilty pleas, and the number of related issues there's not anywhere near a case that this is politically motivated. That claim is utterly bollocks.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174383...ssia-collusion
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nts-grand-jury
    https://www.vox.com/2018/8/22/176938...ussia-manafort
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ence-putin-spy
    https://www.vox.com/2018/10/9/179535...bank-psy-group

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The FBI investigation has been sucked into a special prosecution commission that is running administration officials through the mill. Its cynical crap, and there are actual offenders like Don Jr walking around free. Its got nothing to do with justice and everything to do with a charade of democracy.
    Meet Elena Alekseevna Khusyaynova. Because nothing is happening here.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

So what. Nothing may come out on Trump. That is now investigations work. The investigation is still going on. News keeps coming out. The timetable is not on your timetable. The thread is still active.
    It may as well be active way into Trump's second term. But objectively this investigation seems like a sham to anyone who has been following this thing from the start, especially with the amount of scandals surrounding people involved in it and lack of evidence in regards to its original purpose.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Objectively speaking, your subjective opinion is not supported by the evidence.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

None of that indicates any ties between Trump and accusations made against him. Sure, you can find dirty laundry on former members of Trump's team, but that doesn't really constitute much in relation to Trump himself, and it was already revealed that investigation was conducted by people who support Democrats and oppose Trump, so its nature is obviously political. The ironic part is that this investigation helps Trump and contributes to why Trump will stay in power and is most likely going to win a second term.

From Wiki (because I am lazy):
    wiki article on why the investigation was started
    The ongoing Special Counsel investigation is a United States law enforcement and counterintelligence investigation of any foreign government efforts to interfere, with large focus on Russia, in the 2016 presidential election, including an investigation of any possible links and/or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government, "and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation." The scope of the investigation reportedly also includes potential obstruction of justice by Trump and others.[1] The investigation, since it began May 17, 2017, has been conducted by the United States Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel, headed by Robert Mueller, a former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Mueller took over several existing FBI investigations, including those involving former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.[2]
    The investigation has resulted in dozens of indictments for federal crimes, and at least eight guilty pleas or convictions. In August 2018, Manafort was found guilty on eight felony counts of financial crimes in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia,[3] and a month later he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States and obstruct justice, in a plea bargain for Manafort's full cooperation with prosecutors.[4][5] Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI and became a cooperating witness in December 2017.[6] Mueller further secured guilty pleas from Manafort's business partner Rick Gates, Dutch attorney Alex van der Zwaan,[7] former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, lobbyist W. Samuel Patten,[8] and Richard Pinedo.[9] All except van der Zwaan became cooperating witnesses to the probe. In February 2018, Mueller indicted 13 Russian citizens and 3 Russian entities, most notably the Internet Research Agency,[10] and in June 2018 added an indictment of Konstantin Kilimnik, Manafort's business partner.[11] In July 2018, 12 members of the Russian GRU cyber espionage group known as Fancy Bear, responsible for the 2016 DNC email hacking, were indicted.[12] Investigations into Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen were referred to the US Attorney's office of the Southern District of New York.[13]
    While initially enjoying bipartisan support,[14] the special counsel investigation became subject to criticism by Trump and his supporters in the conservative media within months, with Sean Hannity eventually promoting the "deep state" conspiracy theory.[15] Several allegations of investigators' misconduct have been raised and were almost immediately debunked, including supposed unlawful wire-tapping of Trump Tower during the campaign,[16][17] unmasking of Trump associates on intelligence intercepts,[18] FISA court alleged abuse against Carter Page detailed in the Nunes memo,[19][20] the alleged installation of a mole in the Trump campaign,[21][22][23] and the FBI being denied to forensically analyze the DNC servers.[24]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specia...%80%93present)

The focus on Trump is a mistake by some of our members. The Trump connections are included but the main purpose is to investigate foreign involvement in the national vote. On that, Mueller and Company seems to be spot on. The fact of no Trump involvement or any fact of Trump involvement is a side show and clearly not the main purpose for this investigation to have been started.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

How is the Trump investigation a side show? If the whole point is to investigate foreign interference in the election then the investigation into Trump and his campaign makes total sense when multiple people from the Trump campaign have found to have lied about or admitting meeting with agents of the Russian government to find dirt on Hillary Clinton.

If the Trump campaign actively sought information from Russians about Hillary Clinton and such that seems like collusion and a foreign power interfearing in the US election.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

You are making a point by providing 'if'. Perhaps it would be better to stick with the facts as we know them. This investigation was started with the concern about foreign interference and would not have been started if the only concern was Trump and or Clinton seeking collusion, this investigation would never have begun. Why? No proof and no indication that there would be proof. I am not stating one way or another that there were US citizens that sought help from foreigners to get a domestic win. My point is that is not why this investigation was started.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    You are making a point by providing 'if'. Perhaps it would be better to stick with the facts as we know them.
    Facts? Ok then. Facts are Russia is the country being accused of meddling in the US election. Facts are that a good couple members of Trump's campaign including his son in law have met agents of the Russian government during US election. Facts are some of these people have lied about meeting these agents or have failed to mention their ties to the Russian government or pro-Russian groups. Nothing suspicious here right?

This investigation was started with the concern about foreign interference and would not have been started if the only concern was Trump and or Clinton seeking collusion, this investigation would never have begun. Why? No proof and no indication that there would be proof.
    I could also argue if the Russians didn't interfear in the US elections then members of Trump's campaign would not have likley met with agents of the Russian government.

I am not stating one way or another that there were US citizens that sought help from foreigners to get a domestic win. My point is that is not why this investigation was started.
    It may not be why it started but thats irrelevant now and not a good reason to not investigate the Trump campaign.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Praeses

Meet Elena Alekseevna Khusyaynova. Because nothing is happening here.
    I am 100% convinced the Russians tampered with the US election and it may well have got Trump over the line.

I don't buy "meme magic" as the silver bullet that killed Clinton, but this was the first election where (to my limited knowledge) the internet game went the Republicans way. Russian help in that area may have been the difference.

I also think its plausible and even likely some of Trumps people went to the Russians for help. His son definitely did. We know he did. I just have a hard time believing Trump himself did so without telling us. The way Putin bent him over in Reykjavik demonstrates Trump's utter incompetence in international relations (he was similarly humiliated by the Saudis as well). I can't believe he was part of an effective conspiracy with spilling his guts about it.

AFAIK there's still nothing on Trump, although maybe his ex-cronies can come up with something. The evidence on Don Jr is out there.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Mueller's team takes Russians to court and ends up looking ridiculous:

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...sian-oligarch/

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

This week was HILARIOUS in Mueller news.

In perhaps the most pathetic thing the right has done since electing their god emperor, some idiot child claimed that he had proof that Mueller had sexually assaulted some women in the past. Naturally this is concerning so the news agencies began to dig...and what they found is rather intriguing.

One:
    Two women came forward with proof that this guy (Jacob Wohl) had contacted them and offered them 20,000 to claim Mueller was inappropriate towards them. Since they had worked with him before and...well...this did not occur, they reported it. They have proof of this by the way.

Two:
    After some digging the news agencies and independent people discovered that the organization in charge of bringing these accusations to light are owned by Wohl himself...with him as the only employee. He denied this..but the phone number linked back to his mommy. According to linkedin though it is staffed by such famous celebrities like Christoph Waltz...I'm sure he was very interested in finding out he worked for a right-wing moron.

Three:
    Ignoring the fact that his lie was collapsing around him, Wohl claimed this Thursday (today) that he would hold a press conference and bring an accuser to light. After claiming to have taken a photo when they landed in DC, she then "got scared and fled" and was unable to make the press conference. By the way...said picture was confirmed to have been taken at LAX.

Four:
    Press conference held anyway. Wohl's associate has his zipper down the whole time. Reporters rightly mock them.

(Some details left out...read more elsewhere if you want to see how incompetent they were at trying to start this)

-------

In conclusion...Wohl is an idiot and Mueller has forwarded all information concerning this obvious smear campaign to the FBI. I hope both Wohl and his associate go down for this because this is ridiculous.

And before you right wing members try to say "BuT wHaT aBoUt KaVaNaUgH?!"...I desperately implore you to remember he is not the topic of this thread at all. And besides..this was clearly just a way to discredit Mueller. I can only imagine this means he is onto something. I'm thinking Wohl was paid off by someone else but...I hope time will tell. Either way, he deserves prison time for this.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-lasts-tweets-of-jacob-wohl
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/f...ainst-mueller/

And if you want more information, feel free to look online. I mean...for god's sake...The GATEWAY PUNDIT has chosen to end their relationship with this turd blossom of a human being...I can't imagine how much a right-wing person has to screw up to be disowned by that "news organization"
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; November 01, 2018 at 09:25 PM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

sounds like a false flag accusation to me. Wohl is obviously a democrat in disguise.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Wohl sounds like the name of a (((globalist))) to me.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I guess, we will see soon a painting, which proves, that Wohl was paid by Soros.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post
    I guess, we will see soon a painting, which proves, that Wohl was paid by Soros.
    It's possible...though he IS California based and I haven't seen him at the monthly meetings
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

But it's the seriousness of the accusations that matter don't ya know.