Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La Pucelle de Carcassonne

Default Re: La Pucelle de Carcassonne

With the second act done, the play comes to a brief halt. Some in the audience take this break to eat and drink, while others leave for a moment to relieve themselves. A servant clad in robes of bright colors walks among the rows of chairs, announcing the plays to be expected for the next few weeks. Amongst the crowd, an old knight with a few drinks in his system spots a young man of foreign clothes and looks. After one last glance to his last, empty bottle, he stumbles forwards and sits right next to the man, showing a yellow smile full of missing teeth.

“So, are you enjoying the play? Shame they leave some many things out, like what happened in the Earth’s End Mountains, or the constant warfare in the lands of the Empire. Can´t tell all that in a single show I suppose” the old man shrugs and angrily lifts an empty bottle of Bourdeleux wine “What deserves no excuse is the lack of wine here! Four bottles and they already say they cannot give me any more. And do not dare to tell me I could drink that disgusting Reiklander beer instead. I would much rather pour horse piss down my throat than that filth!

Wait, is that a bottle of wine you have on you? No, do not worry young one, I will not try to steal it from you. Instead, I offer you a proposal: You let me enjoy that wine and I will share with you the story of our glorious nation! Yes, yes, of course I will mention the Breton and his companions, the Errantry wars against the foul orcs and so, so much more! Ugly as I might look, there are few who can match my knowledge of the history of Bretonnia. You would be amazed to know how many scholars come to me for help, bringing fat purses to buy the knowledge they cannot seem to be bothered to study by themselves. Truly, all of that for a single bottle of wine is a deal you just cannot refuse.

I knew you were a bright one! Ugh, shame I cannot say the same about the wine. I meant you no offence young one, but I am afraid whoever sold you this bottled rubbish got more money than he deserved. Anyway, a deal is a deal, so let us begin with the story of Bretonnia and her people. I hope you do not need to go empty your bladder, because it is not a short one!

Hard as it is to believe nowadays, the lands of our Lady where once inhabited not by men, but the long-lived race of the elves. Our race still inhabited lost caves in the cold North, so primitive that they had just recently learnt how to make fires and crude clothes for themselves. This was the time of the old races, their golden age, where they alone ruled the world. Setting sail from their hidden island across the seas, thousands of elves settled across the continent, building cities of great beauty. The shores and the seas were theirs to command, while the high mountains and the underground world belonged to the race of the dwarves. Hard as it is to believe, for hundreds of years, these two races lived in peace, helping one-another during times of peril.

The War of the Beard changed all that. It would take me a whole morning (and a few bottles of far better wine) to narrate all which happened in that conflict. Suffice to say, by the end of the conflict, the two races were spent and unable to carry on with the conflict. The dwarves retreated to their holds, now besieged by hordes of greenskins and disgusting rat-men from the underworld. Broken and with troubles on their own homeland, the elves either abandoned their colonies or retreated to the forests, severing ties with their fleeing kin. The latter would, in future generations, be named the Wood Elves and would have a big part to play in years to come. But let us go back to the fair land of Bretonnia…

Many years passed until the first men reached the land, searching virgin lands to settle. No, these were not our ancestors, the Bretonni, but a weaker tribe of men who worshiped gods of rock and wood. Armed with little more than spears and stone axes, they stood no chance against the greenskin hordes. I cannot say for sure, but I do believe those tree-loving primitives felt more than relieved when our ancestors, the true sons of Bretonnia, rode through the mountain passes to settle and drive the green barbarians off. Our ancestors were true warriors, born in the saddle and driven by honor and the need to make mighty feats of arms. Sadly, few writings remain of that time, leaving us with only the names of the greatest of the heroes of that time. Less is known of what happened to those men who did not submit to the true sons of the land. Did they all die in the wastelands at the hands of the orcs? Or did a few manage to survive? No one knows. Less care.

It took the Bretonni decades to rid the territories which would later be our glorious kingdom from the greenskin menace. To the East, the tribes which would later become the Empire fought to against this foe, rallied behind the warrior-king, Sigmar. Outnumbered and unable to fight on their own, the dwarves from the mountains chose to share the secrets of steel and forgery with the human race, giving us the advantage we needed to finally push the monsters away. Victorious at last, the sixteen bretonni lords of that time divided the realm amongst themselves in different dukedoms, since no-one was still strong enough to name himself king. The borders of the territories changed like the seasons, with the land of Cuileux falling to the returning orcs as both its count and all his knights fell in the field of battle. The lords of Quenlles and Brionne managed to push the foe back and, instead of wasting the blood of their knights in open battle, the matter of who would keep the fallen land was decided in honorable duel. Many current “lords” should learn a thing or two of these great warriors! It was the duke of Quenlles who bested his rival and, even today, it is this dukedom which defeats all others in size.

Fourteen dukedoms were born in this warring years. To the North, Lyonesse, L'Anguille (built right over the ruins of an old, elven colony), Couronne (the future capital of the realm), Gisoreux and Artois (the latter two sharing the strange forest of Arden). At the center, Mouillon, Bourdeleux, Bastonne and Aquitaine, with Brionne, Quenlles and Fair Carcassonne at the South.

Almost all scholars agree that the disappearance of Cuileux was the beginning of a new chapter in our land’s history, which would see all the different lands united under the banner of one man, who would later become much more than that. Guilles the Un…

What? The next part is about to begin? Sorry kid, I was so excited I lost the measure of time. Tell you what, during the next break, bring me another bottle and I will tell you what is for sure the most exciting and glorious part of our history: The Uniter’s thirteen battles!"

Taking one last swing from the bottle, the old knight and the rest of the audience look once more towards the stage as the third part of the play begins...

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Just gets better and better, the exposition and the way you write only adding to it. Marvellous, simply marvellous.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I agree, this is excellent! Looking forward to the third part of the play and the Uniter's thirteen battles!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

insanely good
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thank you all! I hope that you like the next act of this play and that I can give the famous 13 battles some justice. They were one of my favorite parts of the whole Bretonnian rulebook

Great, truly great! Intriguing narrative and great use of the history and lore! 13 battles? I have played a bit, some friends introduced me and I know some lore, and I thought it was 12 battles? Did I read that wrong or was this something different? Anway, can't wait to see the battles!

theSilentKiller
    Great, truly great! Intriguing narrative and great use of the history and lore! 13 battles? I have played a bit, some friends introduced me and I know some lore, and I thought it was 12 battles? Did I read that wrong or was this something different? Anway, can't wait to see the battles!
    You are right, the lore speaks of 12 great battles, but that does not mean our dear narrator can "improve" history adding some interesting bits

Third act: The green tides (first half)

NARRATOR:

In better times, such a victory would have been celebrated for months across the land of Carcassonne. The scattered remains of the beastmen horde were either hunted down or starved as they tried to flee from the Fey’s justice. Those peasants who had fled from the horde’s wrath now returned to the ruins of their villages, ready to start anew under the protection of the Lady’s chosen. Still not willing to rest, Morgiana used the powers granted by the goddess to bring back life to the now-barred land of the shore. Slowly, she healed the damage brought by the beasts’ torches and axes, bringing hope back to the people of those lands.

There were other matters though which forced her to ride back with her host to the capital. Endless waves of orc invaders had finally managed to break the frontier defenses, pouring whole tribes of howling barbarians into the realm. From Couronne in the North to Carcassonne in the South, each of the fourteen dukedoms had to rally what knights and men-at-arms could be spared to deal with this new invasion. Such were the numbers of this horde, it was almost impossible for the dukes to ride to their allies’ help without leaving their own territory at the mercy of the greenskins. Each dukedom was left to fight alone, but they fought nevertheless, for a knight of Bretonnia always takes his vows seriously and will fight until his last breath for both Lady and land!

As new duke of Carcassonne, it was Roland’s duty to marshal his own knights and destroy the invaders. He was still beset by doubt though and weighted down by the scorn and mistrust of his vassals, few of whom wanted to march to war with not only a cripple, but also a kin slayer. The story of his brother’s vampirism had reached the four corners of the dukedom, true, but many only saw this as an excuse of an ambitious brother to steal the seat with lies and murder. Roland would need to prove himself if he wanted to be seen as a worthy duke by his vassals. Morgiana knew this and, thanks to both experience and the wisdom granted to her by the Lady, also knew how to solve the issue.

(Leaving Ginebra and her guardians behind, The Fey walks into Roland’s chambers. The duke is deeply focused on a map of the dukedom he has placed on the table. On it, there are wooden miniatures of different colors: Blue knights, green orcs, horned men and slender, bow-wielding elves. There is one knight for every other ten figures)

Morgiana: You have not slept for days.

Roland: Did my servants tell you that my lady?

Morgiana: No. The heavy bags under your eyes and the paleness of your face told me everything I needed to know.

Roland: My duties demanded my full attention my lady. I cannot waste any time sleeping when there is work to be done. Whole tribes of orcs are rushing into our lands as we speak, bands of wolf-riding goblins burn and pillage what isolated farms they can find, a few small “armies” of orcs have even begun to try their luck with our castles. Not only that, but our eastern flank is also at risk.

Morgiana: The fey folk of Athel Loren have begun another of their hunts?

Roland: The worst one in a hundred summers my lady. They no longer content themselves with taking one or two peasants who chopped one tree to many. Instead, they raze whole villages without mercy, taking those who they do not kill captive for purposes I do not dare to fathom. What few reports I managed to gather speak of a numerous army of shadow warriors, armed with spear and bow. At their head, surrounded by a guard of killers on mighty stags, is the monster our people have now named “the king of the hunt”, twice the height of a man and ten times as dangerous. For now, he only raids the holdings closest to the forest, but who knows when he will dare to strike deeper into the king’s lands?

Morgiana: Another reason why we need every man to take arms and defend the land.

(Roland notices the Fey’s eyes staring into him and tries to hold her gaze. After a few seconds, he looks down, unable to match the Lady’s chosen)

Roland: I am a cripple and a kinslayer. No knight…

Morgiana: Do not try to lecture me about the code of chivalry, for I walked this earth long before it was written. All knights, king and baron, have one duty they must uphold above all others: The protection of the land and its people. Before the Lady granted him her blessing, Gilles was a mortal man, just like you or the many others in the kingdom who now combat the greenskin hordes. The stories only speak of half the wounds he took and the sacrifices he had to make to get rid of the evil overwhelming his subjects.

Roland: I am not the Uniter.

Morgiana: And neither do you face the same horrors he battled in his time. Do you truly wish to give your all and show your people you are worthy of the title of duke? Then do so. Imagine their shame as they see a cripple and a kinslayer doing what they do not dare to do. Is it your missing leg you worry about? Then command one of your carpenters to make you another one and cover it in armor so the enemy cannot cut it as easily.

Roland: It is not that simple!
    (Morgiana’s gaze hardens)

Morgiana: It will be if I offer you no other choice. Follow me into battle, or I will find someone else with the courage to lead the knights of Carcassonne to victory.

Roland: Are you threatening me my lady?

Morgiana: No. I am making things simple for you, duke. Stand up and face the challenge, or retreat into obscurity, for someone else to take your place. There are no other ways around it. Call me unfair if that is your wish, say that I am cruel and heartless. Our world is not fair or merciful, but our Lady will always be by the side of those who ride to defend her people. I am willing to shed my blood to make sure Carcassonne survives the wars to come, but this land deserves more than one steward. I will need to travel, protect the other dukedoms from the looming darkness coming to us. I just want to know that, when I am forced to leave these lands, I will be certain that there is someone behind I can trust. Tell me Roland, are you that person?

(Down on the ramparts, Ginebra waits for her lady. Suddenly, Morgiana appears, almost out of nowhere, making the damsel jump and hold her chest in shock)

Ginebra: My Lady, you should really stop sneaking behind people like this. One day they might…

Morgiana: It is done. The duke will follow the army and lead the forces of the castle garrison.

Ginebra: I am impressed. How did you manage to convince him so quickly my lady?

Morgiana: I made him an offer he could not refuse. Maybe they once shared the same blood, but Roland is not his brother. He did not brake when he reached his lowest point, accepting the Lady instead of turning her back to her. Had he done the latter, we would have need to fine another protector for this land. I see surprise in your eyes Ginebra and there should be none. Remember that Huebald was not the first lord of this realm who I have had to deal with in the past. It is never easy, to see great knights fall to greed and envy. Not even kings are always safe from their darkest desires.

(Ginebra looks wearily at her mistress, silent for a few moments before speaking again, her tone low, so only Morgiana can hear)

Ginebra: The stories are true then. You really did end a king of Bretonnia.

Morgiana: I ended his reign, not his life. You just need to listen to the songs and read the stories to realize that, had he ruled for any longer, he would have thrown the realm into a quick decline of eternal war and starvation. His home was the battlefield, his only love, the sword and lance he carried to battle. He was brave, selfless and daring, but also easy to anger, uncaring for the land he had sworn to keep and, as time went on, also cruel. Bellaume did not deserve to be kind, which is why I ordered his knights to arrest him and had him exiled from the Lady’s land.

Ginebra: And did he try to fight back? If he was as reckless and bold as you said he was…

Morgiana: At first, he did. When he saw his own knights coming at him with their swords drawn, he pulled his own weapon. Had I not intervened, much blood would have been spilled that day. I talked to Bellaume for one whole night until he finally came to reason. Like I said, he was a horrible king, but he still held the vows of a knight dearly. When it was time to go, he did so carrying only his blade and some traveling clothes. He accepted no horse or a supply, saying that whether he lived or died was in the Lady’s hands now. He was right.

Ginebra: And did he live?

Morgiana: For two centuries, I did not know. Bellaume left our lands and so disappeared from history for many generations. His sword was the only thing which came back to Bretonnia, carried by a questing knight who had found it sunk into the skull of a great giant, far away in the land of Kislev.

Ginebra: I would be glad to have his sword now, knowing what is coming our way. The explorers do not mention any giants, but plenty of trolls with stony skin, spiders and wolves the size of young horses mounted by goblins, savage orcs who wear nothing but paint yet still fight as if possessed…

Roland: We will best them.

(The duke is now clad in his family’s heavy armor, red and blue, with the shield and sword of Carcassonne proudly showing on the cloth over his heavy plate. On one hand, he carries his sword, while the other holds to a fine cane)

Ginebra: And here I thought we would be riding without you my liege!

Roland: I am sorry to say that my new leg prevents me from getting on any horse, but that does not mean I can march with our army and meet the foe face-to-face. Speaking of which, it seems the king has finally decided to give the greenskins the challenge they so desperately seek. A courier came a few moments ago, carrying a royal decree concerning the Green Tide.

NARRATOR:
    In his wisdom, Louen the Lion Hearted, king of Bretonnia, had decreed that the whole kingdom had to face this new menace together, just like the Uniter and his companions had done in the glorious past. Many have called what followed the “Crusade for the Land”, as it was the only one to take place mostly inside the borders of our kingdom. Great honors and titles were promised to those lords who directed their efforts in facing the invading tribes. Castles and villages were retaken and given back either to their previous lords or the paladins who had cleaned the orc blight from those lands. Many a landless knight found great honor and even a keep during that time and a hundred songs were made out of their deeds.

Of these, a great amount speak of the Fey herself and her companions. Tireless, she led her force of devoted across Carcassonne, rushing to meet the greenskin tribes before they could grow to large and become unstoppable. Hundreds of years of defending the land had given Morgiana invaluable wisdom when it came to facing the Green Tide. Countless had chosen to underestimate the orc menace and now laid dead all across the old world, either on old battlefields or serving as cups and totems for these creatures. The Fey would not make those mistakes, she would not allow the invaders to regroup and thus become a challenge for her tired men. She was the Lady’s Chosen and it was time to give the greenskins the punishment they deserved.

First to taste the Fey’s wrath was a brute only known as the “Face-smasher”. Eager to burn and loot those to weak to defend themselves, he charged into the land with a warband made only of those fast enough to keep up with his need for battle. When he saw the banners of Carcassonne on the horizon, the monster did not think twice and charged across the hills, only to meet with thick lines of spears and the grim faces of those ready to defend their homes. Taking hidden paths, the Grail Guardians easily dealt with what few artillery the invaders had managed to bring, right before turning their steeds and charging right into the back of the unsuspecting greenskins, to eager trying to cut through the peasants ahead of them to be aware of the true menace. The Face-smasher and the last remnants of his bodyguards found their end at the hands of the Fey herself. Great roots, sharp as swords, made short work of the orcs and pierced the orc warlord seventeen times, lifting his still-twisting body before tearing it apart.

A few days afterwards, just as they were marching back to the capital, a messenger arrived from the other side of the dukedom, bringing urgent news of another force assaulting the Western castles. Leaving Roland to marshal those to tired or wounded to keep up with the pace, Morgiana and Ginebra rode to face this new challenge. The lands of the West had already suffered at the hands of the beastmen, so the coming of the orcs made them feel like they had truly been cursed by some monstrous god. Those who had met the Fey though did not allow their fears to control them. In “La Malbann” castle, a force of less than a hundred faced a sieges force close to ten times their number, but they did not surrender, knowing that the Lady would not abandon them in their time of need.

Their prayers were quickly answered the morning of the fourth day of siege. Clouds of black crows suddenly appeared from the forests, just moments before the orcs could assail the barely-defended walls again. Howls of victory turned into screams of pain once the birds fell upon the besiegers, clawing at their eyes and tearing at their flesh right as Morgiana led her knights in a charge to the horde’s very heart. Taking advantage of this confusion, the men of the castle lowered the gates and sallied out not a moment later, until soon it was the greenskins who found themselves surrounded from all sides, falling by the dozens under the blades of Bretonnia’s sons.
    It had taken the orcs six days to make an opening in the walls of La Malbann. Morgiana needed less than an hour to butcher the whole horde.

For the next two months, a great number of minor skirmishes took place between the men of Carcassonne and the invading tribes. Slowly, Morgiana and Roland managed to “direct” most of these battles to the less-inhabited lands near the mountains. Of course, while the Fey’s army managed to recover its losses and even grow after every victory, their numbers were still to few. Even with the river Brienne acting as a natural shield against the attackers, there were still to many bridges and to few men to defend them. Already, the remnants of many defeated tribes were gathering in the defenceless lands to the South. If the Fey chose to go after them, she would leave her strong position at the river and allow the other tribes to come. Should she choose to stay instead, this previously-small band would grow stronger and stronger, until no one could be able to face it in battle.

After some discussion, Roland presented himself as volunteer, alongside the well-armed men of the capital’s garrison, to pursue and hunt down the warband before it grew to dangerous to deal with. Many protested, as, while he had fought in every battle and skirmish since the beginning of the war against the greenskins, Roland had still led no army against this foe. Only after Morgiana agreed to the duke’s offer did all voices fall silent. This would be his first test, both to the land and himself. A minor skirmish which could well decide the fate of the whole dukedom. Its name? The “Duel of the Green Cane”.
    The fight took place on a range of nameless grass-covered hills fifty miles away from Castle Carcassonne. Led by a grinning goblin covered in dark steel, the bloodied remnants of ten different tribes licked their wounds and raided the countryside. They were ready to fled should the Fey and her devoted men arrive, but chose instead to stay once they realized that it was the crippled count and a small force of peasant men-at-arms who came to hunt them down. Hooded goblins, spider riders and savage orcs wielding crude bows of wood and bone left their camp, eager to be the first to earn a victory against the defenders of Bretonnia. The fact that the leader of these weak force had to use a cane to as a third leg to walk only fueled the greenskin’s overconfidence to the point were their leader, chuckling maniacally to himself, charged alone towards Roland, hoping for an easy kill. The duke gave a quick command to his men and slowly walked to meet his challenge.

Fueled by the chance of a quick victory, the goblin warboss stabbed his spear forwards, meeting Roland’s blade with such force, the duke’s sword was sent flying away. Roland spun but, instead of retreating, held his staff with both hands and struck at the goblin’s head, sending the creature’s helmet flying with the same speed his sword had taken. Stunned, the creature barely had a time to show surprise before Roland, holding his staff with both hands, sunk its sharpened end into the creature’s open mouth. The creature clawed at the duke, getting little more than scratches in the fine steel of his armor. Without a second thought, Roland twisted his improvised weapon and yanked it back, ignoring the dark, green ichors covering it now. Holding his throat, the warboss fell and rose no more.

There was little time to be lost. Leading his most veteran men-at-arms, Roland charged at the shocked greenskin line, suffering only a single volley of arrows. A score of goblins fell, with many fleeing from the still-green cane Roland still wielded as his weapon. A large band of spider-riding goblins still remained free though and tried to sneak behind Roland and his warriors, only to be met by the awaiting lines of spearmen of the duke’s reserve. Some fell under the poison of the spiders, but for each men-at-arms who died, four spiders fell, pierced by half a dozen spears.

The battle itself ended only a few moments later, when the nerve of the greenskins broke and they fled once more for their lives. This time though, there would be no place for them to hide. The few survivors met their end at an abandoned farm they had scorched not two weeks ago, the walls they could have used to cover now useless in an ironic twist of fate none would have provably understood.

Back at the Brienne, the Fey had managed to best another orc invasion in a battle next to the river. Only a few orcs managed to make the crossing and of those remaining after facing the Fey, none survived the swim back to safety. For two days, both men-at-arms and other servants patrolled the shores, stabbing and pulling putrid bodies out of the waters of the Brienne. A river poisoned by a thousand greenskin bodies could be ten times as deadly as a full-armed tribe and so Morgiana and Ginebra rode across its current, blessing the waters with their magic to make sure it would no harm the many villages which crossed its path.

(Ginebra lowers her hands and falls to one knee, panting and with sweat pouring all over her body. Right in front of her, the waters of the river Brienne shine, finally rid of orc bodies and their filth)

Man-at-arms 1: My lady, do you require any assistance?

Ginebra: No, of course not. I am just taking a breather that is all. Have all orc bodies been removed from the river?

Men-at-arms 2: Yes my lady. The lads had some trouble with one of the trolls though. Somehow, it had regenerated its wounds even after losing an arm and both eyes! Luckily, we managed to bring him down before it could run free across the countryside.

Ginebra: Good. The lands needs a break almost as much as we do. Now, where is the Fey?

Men-at-arms 1: Lady Morgiana is currently in her tent. She…seemed disturbed about something.

Men-at-arms 2: Maybe It has to do with the message which arrived this morning.

Ginebra: What is this message your are speaking of?

Men-at-arms 2: We do not know. The rider who brought it died from his wounds this morning. The surgeon says it was due to some deep arrow wounds, but they do not resemble the one’s you would expect from normal bows.

(Without another word, Ginebra sprints towards the camp. Still tired, she reached Morgiana’s tent panting and almost falls on the floor. Inside, the Fey is reading a piece of parchment with a small frown upon her lips)

Morgiana: The green tide is coming.

Ginebra: Another orc invasion? My lady, that is impossible. We have faced all hordes to be found in Carcassonne or its borders, the other dukes also speak of victory in their own lands. Where has this new orc horde come from?

Morgiana: Not orcs. Abandoned villages without a trace of violence or sacking, people following strange lights only to be lost forever…

Ginebra: My lady, what are you talking about?

Morgiana: Every summer, the king of the forest blows his horn and rallies his court for a hunt. Borders matter nothing to him or his loyal guard. Only the hunt matters, nothing more. Even the people who believe themselves his “allies” fear his wrath. The forest hides his every move, an army, veteran of a hundred battles, follows his every wish.

The Wild Hunt has reached Carcassonne Ginebra and we are the only one’s who can stop it.

I chose to divide this act in two parts due to the incoming battle you can see at the end of this part. While I was at war with the Wood Elves, I did not expect any attack to come soon. Then, during one of the brief respites which happened between one orc attack and another, Orion and his royal host appeared out of nowhere, going directly for my capital.

Needless to say, the battle which is about to follow will be bloody!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

You've certainly left us with a cliffhanger! I'll look forward to part two.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

bis bis we want more
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Julian Apostate ,good .Your aar is coming out great .The fact that it is conversation based is even better as this adds originality and thus compels the reader to read more .I finished reading uptill your latest update and am gonna follow it .The pictures are good too .And better news is that you will be able to edit your posts now .Repped .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Great chapter and wunderful battle description! I like were this is going!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness

A great combination of dialogue (I enjoyed the conversation between Morgiana and Roland) and action (I like the description of the "grinning goblin covered in dark steel"). It seems that the land of Carcassonne is frequently under attack - and that its defenders are capable and determined. It looks like the battle against the Wood Elves will be a challenge, I look forward to finding out what happens!

Mercenary2479's Avatar Foederatus

JulianApostate,

Exceptional work. Your use of imagery, description, and overall mood in each and very scene makes it easy to become immersed in this world you've portrayed. Some might even call it...enchanting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12