Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Portuguese Faction Mod

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Portuguese Faction Mod

Gah!
    Amazing! +rep for you!

Hey, Thanks!

I just tried to upload it to steam but I can't due to the 100 mb limit on uploads. There is one file in this mod that cannot be split and is greater than 100 mb. I don't see a way of getting this onto steam.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

if it's not too much trouble or work, could you please make a version of this mod for Uanime's expanded map with Korea and China?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

This with portuguese voices, portuguese unique unit cards, corrected animations for european swords and few more tweaks will be an excellent mod... very good job sir!

Thanks for the support!

alhoon combining this mod with the expanded map/China would be difficult since this mod also includes changes to the campaign map. One would have to find a new location for the Portuguese to live. For the moment I am just concentrating on improving the mod as it is.

I have made an update that includes minor fixes that have come to light since I added the mod to steam.

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

Why in the credits there is no source of models and textures - Mount & Blade: Fire and Sword? Or at least With Fire and Sword 2?
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

You're doing God's work OP. Both renewing an old game and making an unplayable faction playable.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Hey Shredder, The models I'm using came from the 17th century pack on the Mount and Blade OSP forums. I credited the guy that made them available but I didn't know the exact origins of the models. Looking at the Fire and Sword mod page it seems that the models I have used for the musketeers comes from there. Is there anything else from Fire and Sword? Who can I ask for permission to use the models? Of course I will add Fire and Sword to the credits.

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

Quote Originally Posted by mauiaw View Post
    Who can I ask for permission to use the models? Of course I will add Fire and Sword to the credits.
    Permission is not required. It will be enough credits
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Civis

Great mod!!! I have been waiting for a mod like this for ages!!!
    Can't wait to try it. Are you planing on releasing a updated version with theimplementions you mentioned on the first page, e.g. missions and building etc?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mauiaw View Post
    Thanks for the support!

alhoon combining this mod with the expanded map/China would be difficult since this mod also includes changes to the campaign map. One would have to find a new location for the Portuguese to live. For the moment I am just concentrating on improving the mod as it is.
    Would it be difficult to just grab a province from Japan?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

lukegeorge's Avatar Laetus

Can i make some suggestions? Take it with a grain of salt, because this is just something i tend to think about whenever i see a mod like this.

Why not have the Portuguese employ 'auxiliaries' through an unused building, such as camps or the siege engineers workshop? I am thinking of when the Spanish and Portuguese invaded the Americas and they had come to adapt A the light armors of the Americas and B the employment of local allies in their wars. So why not have something similar in this scenario? Have the Portuguese employ "Mixed" units, mainly lightly armored christian converts recruited directly from the island population. Maybe show their mixed through employing Portuguese and Japanese skins, as well as different hats such as the Morion, jingasa or kabuto. Or just take some Standard Ashigaru and in name only make them auxiliaries. I mean that's what i already do in a siege w/ my garrisons.

Also something nuts off the top of my head would be the employment of galleys. If the Portuguese are trying to take over the island of japan to further their empire, why not rather then depend upon expensive caravels to be shipped over a two turn period, to build a galley from the available resources on their starter island. It would basically just be a Kobaya skeleton with a galley skin over it, either a galley full of nothing but guns (Matchlock Galley would just be a matchlock kobaya) or a couple of forward cannon, and they would just

I think Nagasaki would be an excellent starting place for the Portuguese faction. The city itself was formed under heavy Portuguese- Jesuits influence, and especially from 1580 to 1587, the city was virtually a Portuguese colony, administered by the captain of the Black Ship, when present.

Combining the two above ideas, perhaps only Nagasaki can recruit the core units, of the Pikemen, Musketeers, etc. Otherwise you'd recruit Samurai and Ashigaru Auxiliaries. Ashigaru may get callled "Sergeants" or something more else that sounds more European. This may be time consuming, but the idea of Westernised Samurai and Ashigaru is appealing to me.

Quick idea- add FotS ability to control cannons to culverins

mhawari's Avatar Miles

for sir mauiaw, can u teach me how to make portrait like u did ?

Hi all, sorry for the break. I'll answer what I can right now.

I'm busy at work right now, so adding in new missions and buildings will be slow but I plan on doing it. Eventually, if I want to customise the tech tree I will have to make a lot of changes to the buildings in PFM anyway.

alhoon its not quite as simple as just changing the starting province. Since both mine and the expanded Japan mod make changes to the startpos file, all those changes will have to be converted to one or the other of the startpos files.

lukegeorge I could add auxiliaries I'm just not sure about what role I would want them to have in the army. At the moment there is a chance to gain certain Japanese units through mission rewards (although I know its not the same). As for galleys I have been looking at trying to add my own naval models but it is a little difficult in terms of modding.

spring, Nagasaki was the original location for the Portuguese but a lot of people were interested in having them start on an island.

hazzard, at one point I was thinking about making all portuguese unit recruitment tied to the port building. If I introduced auxiliaries I would probably do that, but for the moment I am not looking to add more units.

jaa, Ill see if I can do that

and mhawari for the generals portrait, actually I drew it, using some period drawings as a reference. I used some fancy Copic marker pens to colour it in. If I were to do it again I would probably just draw the outline of the features and colour the image on the computer as that gives a more similar look to the original artwork.

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for the answer and for your work.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Any news?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast