Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.5 released as of 2022-04-20)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod!

Quote Originally Posted by Deinomenides View Post
    Greetings mr. Nygren! Your mod is absolutely phenomenal, absolutely giving the best experience of the Viking age out there. I have a question though, while playing as Normans, tier 1 blacksmith enables the recruitment of all units, is that normal? Thanks in advance!
    It is normal unfortunately, as my mod is actually a submod of Danova's Last Kingdom mod - and he didn't have any upgradeable buildings etc. Instead he had a religious system in place, and in order to get to recruit good units you needed to have a certain amount of religious conversion in that settlement - it took forever and i hated it so i removed that.

Now, i would have prefered traditional upgradeable buildings and stuff where you get new units when you upgrade your buildings and settlements - but it didn't have such a system implemented. Therefore everyone is recruitable from the start - which is better than needing to convert regions to a certain level of religion in my opinion.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    It is normal unfortunately, as my mod is actually a submod of Danova's Last Kingdom mod - and he didn't have any upgradeable buildings etc. Instead he had a religious system in place, and in order to get to recruit good units you needed to have a certain amount of religious conversion in that settlement - it took forever and i hated it so i removed that.

Now, i would have prefered traditional upgradeable buildings and stuff where you get new units when you upgrade your buildings and settlements - but it didn't have such a system implemented. Therefore everyone is recruitable from the start - which is better than needing to convert regions to a certain level of religion in my opinion.

I see, nonetheless it is a phenomenal mod, non-stop action. Once war is declared I get attacked with 4 stacks minimum, which gives it a total war flavor, and it's quite enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Deinomenides View Post
    I see, nonetheless it is a phenomenal mod, non-stop action. Once war is declared I get attacked with 4 stacks minimum, which gives it a total war flavor, and it's quite enjoyable
    Yes, i did test it out with Gwynedd and it was really fun - i am sad the update i wanted released haven't been released yet.. I got tired of moding after the last GoT release.. I may actually cut the changes down a bit to try and get the update out faster - as alot has been changed but much more were planed. I could get a release faster if i return Munster to what it used to be and just finish off some of the other factions i am almost done with.

Gwynedd has a new roster and others have new units - i think i skip adding a new roster to the Irish in order to get it released faster. Such things could always be a new release in a year or so. I want the version with the new Gwynedd out - but i think it won't be finished too soon as my summer vacation ends in two days..

Anyway - it will be just as cool as those WotN vikings.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Just started a playthrough as Denmark, finding it very strange that Riddarer cavalry go into beserker mode cannot therefore use them to run down archers, routers etc which kind of makes them redundant
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Just started a playthrough as Denmark, finding it very strange that Riddarer cavalry go into beserker mode cannot therefore use them to run down archers, routers etc which kind of makes them redundant
    I hope you eventually do a let's play of this. Really enjoy your videos.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

Only cavalry can use berserk in M2tw, so i gave it to the riddarar-cavalry. Yes, probably will change that in the update.

- The Havamal

Only cavalry can use berserk in M2tw, so i gave it to the riddarar-cavalry. Yes, probably will change that in the update.
    I don't know M2TW very well as I have not played it very much tbh. I have only really took more interest because of your submod and now also Titanium. The latest update you did on July 23rd is that the same as the patch you gave me with the new custom settlements or is there more added?. Hope you are well and I'm looking forward with anticipation that you will find time to complete your fantastic submod the way you want it to be.

I don't know M2TW very well as I have not played it very much tbh. I have only really took more interest because of your submod and now also Titanium. The latest update you did on July 23rd is that the same as the patch you gave me with the new custom settlements or is there more added?. Hope you are well and I'm looking forward with anticipation that you will find time to complete your fantastic submod the way you want it to be.
    Yes, it's the same with the only addition being the custom settlements.

I figured it had to be released after WotN: The Baltic got them - the update may have been too ambitious and i will try to revert some changes and release a version with new stuff for like four factions and save the Normans and the Irish for later i believe.

- The Havamal

Yes, it's the same with the only addition being the custom settlements.
    ok thanks that's great.

I figured it had to be released after WotN: The Baltic got them - the update may have been too ambitious and i will try to revert some changes and release a version with new stuff for like four factions and save the Normans and the Irish for later i believe.
    I agree, it makes sense, I will wait a bit longer till you release the version with the new stuff before I do my Let's Play, stay well my friend and thanks again.

solved :-)

("It is stand-alone, but based on 3.06")
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; September 18, 2017 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    solved :-)

("It is stand-alone, but based on 3.06")
    Glad you got it working, the next version will be much better if you like Gwynedd or the saxons.

- The Havamal

Should I download or wait for a new version?

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Should I download or wait for a new version?
    Depends on when you want to play - there is no release date for the new version because i don't know when i will finish it.

- The Havamal

@ Mr_Nygren; I have just returned to my Denmark Campaign and I get a ctd on large siege battle of Ipswic I have done several tests changing resolution, size of units, all detail levels, shadows & texture quality, texture filtering & brightness on/off/levels and also deleted map.rwm(which also makes the battle map turn blue/red/purple until I hit the "wait" tab) all to no avail, any ideas?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 18, 2017 at 11:38 PM. Reason: typo

@ Mr_Nygren; I have just returned to my Denmark Campaign and I get a ctd on large siege battle of Ipswic I have done several tests changing resolution, size of units, all detail levels, shadows & texture quality, texture filtering & brightness on/off/levels and also deleted map.rwm(which also makes the battle map turn blue/red/purple until I hit the "wait" tab) all to no avail, any ideas?
    Attack from a different angle/position, that could sometimes solve such CTD:s - or automatically resolve. Mods aren't 100% stable ever.

- The Havamal

Attack from a different angle/position, that could sometimes solve such CTD:s - or automatically resolve. Mods aren't 100% stable ever.
    Thanks for the quick reply my friend. As I'm quite experienced now I had tried all the suggestions you have given. This is first time I have encountered regular ctd's with the submod and I was just hoping it might be some sort of glitch.
    I decided to do a complete reinstall of M2TW with your latest download of WotN & reset my resolution at 1280x768 with all my other settings as before, except I checked the v-sync box this time which has stopped the fast jerky movement on the campaign map. The install I had of WotN was the original with the new settlements patch you kindly sent to me, this with the resolution set at 1920x1080. So far it's been fine after 30+ turns, hopefully that will be the end of the issue.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 19, 2017 at 06:20 AM. Reason: typos

Thanks for the quick reply my friend. As I'm quite experienced now I had tried all the suggestions you have given. This is first time I have encountered regular ctd's with the submod and I was just hoping it might be some sort of glitch.
    I decided to do a complete reinstall of M2TW with your latest download of WotN & reset my resolution at 1280x768 with all my other settings as before, except I checked the v-sync box this time which has stopped the fast jerky movement on the campaign map. The install I had of WotN was the original with the new settlements patch you kindly sent to me, this with the resolution set at 1920x1080. So far it's been fine after 30+ turns, hopefully that will be the end of the issue.
    Yeah, that's the current official release as well - i updated the older release in july with the one i sent to you.

How many turns were you able to play before the CTD happened?

- The Havamal

How many turns were you able to play before the CTD happened?
    I honestly cannot remember but I guess between 20-30, I have purposely changed my strategy this time to initiate some large battles and more sieges and all has been fine. Learning from my experiences with both RTW & M2TW platforms, stability seems to becoming a more of an issue with the "old games" and modern day computers add to the problem because they are too advanced. I have an old (semi-broken) dual core 2.8 GHz 4gb RAM Win xp desktop which is not connected to the internet, I tinkered with it, got it working and set it up for my youngest son to use(he likes playing playing LotR, Westeros & FATW).....1280x768 resolution, medium settings all round and it runs flawlessly....arrrgh
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typos

@ Mr_Nygren; Will editing the settlement names cause any script problems? I was thinking of changing them to their modern day names for pronunciation reasons during my Let's Play

@ Mr_Nygren; Will editing the settlement names cause any script problems? I was thinking of changing them to their modern day names for pronunciation reasons during my Let's Play
    I do not think so, but i have no idea.

But never change the names inside of the {}.

- The Havamal