Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.5 released as of 2022-04-20)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.9 released)

Hi Mr_Nygren, thanks for all your answers and hits, they clear things up!

I really appreciate the information about the changes in TLK-WotN you had done. As they concern rosters and starting positions and didn't touch upon scripts, traits, economy or buildings (I'd was afraid that you meant something related while mentioning "minor bugs and errors fixed"), I'm much more inclined to play your version. It's because I've experienced in the other mods many CTDs due to script changes, and some unbalanced games due to economic parameters changes. It's also because I prefer your historical approach than the TLK book-based one.

Portraits - yes, I meant info_card portraits, not the small pics of the units in the campaign map view. I understand (and had understood before) that they're unimportant to you ("Of course i can't be bothered with those info-cards"). However, for some people they are. I've just mentioned them to explain myself why I wanted to start with 4.0.

Traits & others - thanks for the info, that's a great news for I've just fixed some issues in the 4.0 version files (EDCT, EDA) and I'll be able just to cut-and-paste into your version and play it for myself (if anyone would be interested - they're in the spoiler)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    EDB:
    * Bawdyhouse – current bonuses didn’t provide any incentive to move from Brothel to Bawdyhouse (or rather they tell you “don’t build it!”: Happy 10%, Law -5% to Happy 15%, Law -10%) -> switched to better bonuses (Stew: H10, L-5, Brothel: H20, L-10, Bawdyhouse: H30, L-15).
    * replaced the non-functioning “population_loyalty_bonus” with the “law” one (only 2 places)
    * replaced the non-functioning “taxable_income_bonus” with flat “income_bonus bonus” – the rule is “add 0” so 15 changed into 150 and so on (in 13 places)
    EDU:
    * added „is_peasant”: Welsh Skirmishers, Hunters, Hunters_AOR, Welsh_Skirmishers_Merc, Celtic Hunters – the only effect of this attribute is making them less useful for garrisoning (half of the effect) and the peasant should be less effective in policing town-dwellers.
    EDA:
    * Armours and helmets: lowered Hitpoints benefits to 1 – otherwise the those generals become un-killable gods.
    * Fixed descriptions of the armours, helmets, standards: the coded (in-game) effects were different from their in-game descriptions.
    * Fixed wrong links to descriptions for the helmets (for half of them the descriptions that would appear belonged to the other helmets.
    * lowered Movement for some animals – otherwise the generals would get almost teleportation abilities.
    * some other errors fixed (eg High King: double popularity effect etc.)
    * for the “rulers” the Loyalty bonuses removed (they don’t need it – they’re using authority), the other effects balanced
    * observation: many descriptions are very imprecise or false (eg Monk, Priest, Adultress); they also feature both “Piety” and “Management” despite being the same;
    EDCT:
    * triggers checked against faulty commands and conditions:
    --- NumKillsInBattle, GeneralWithAncKilled – not used in TLK;
    --- NoGoingBack – all deleted if antitraits were present;
    --- GeneralNumKillsInBattle – numbers divided by half since the general has to make the kills by himself.
    * Triggers checked („look ok at first glance”): Drink, Sobriety, Embezzler, Corrupt.
    * Some traits checked against their descriptions and fixed (whole description for trait Brave was wrong, for all levels);
    * balance of Hitpoints and Movement (lowered in a few cases – the logic as in the EDA)
    * Modified triggers (the trigger were not analyzed thoroughly):
    --- Good/Bad Administrator (in both directions)
    benefits: - Squalor instead of +Trade and +Law
    triggers: no changes
    --- GoodFarmer
    benefits: no change
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with a farm: 33%
    --- GoodBuilder
    benefits: better Construction benefits instead of - Squalor
    triggers: no change
    --- GoodTaxman
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with high or very high taxes (3% for each level), while the public sentiment is better than disillusioned (yellow or green face)
    --- BadTaxman
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with less-than-high taxes (3%), while the public sentiment is better than disillusioned (yellow or green face)
    --- GoodTrader
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with a higher level of vineyard, port, roads, bank – each 10%

Effects of the buildings (EDB) - ok, I understand. I hope I've made some contribution by pinpointing at the effects that were discovered to be non-functional since 2011. Again, I perfectly understand some people don't bother about buildings, economy etc.

Immersion - it's provided by different things for different people, and I think most of the players share your opinions (custom settlements, music and unit rosters) while some have other tastes. For me, it's (also) role-playing of the characters, development of your kingdom (economy, buildings), and in general campaign-dimension things.

I'm asking questions about the older version just to get the understanding what are the changes and be able to make an informed choice of the mod I play. On one hand, the final versions of any mod are polished and tested thus being less CTD-prone or stupid-gameplay-prone (it's why people play SS6.4 not SSHIP or Titanium - and I know something being a moder for the SSHIP), on the other - the new submods often develop new options and fix the old mistakes in the base mod (it's why I do think the SSHIP is better than SS6.4 and I'd expect your TLK-WotN submod to be better than TLK 4.0).

Accidentally, I'm also thinking about playing Gwynedd :-)

Finally, you may be interested how do I find the Thrones of Britannia current gameplay - I still think that Medieval 2 is a better engine though it's playing Thrones made me coming back to the TLK and TLK-WotN.

Thanks for all your answers.
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 11, 2018 at 02:25 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Mr_Nygren, thanks for all your answers and hits, they clear things up!

I really appreciate the information about the changes in TLK-WotN you had done. As they concern rosters and starting positions and didn't touch upon scripts, traits, economy or buildings (I'd was afraid that you meant something related while mentioning "minor bugs and errors fixed"), I'm much more inclined to play your version. It's because I've experienced in the other mods many CTDs due to script changes, and some unbalanced games due to economic parameters changes. It's also because I prefer your historical approach than the TLK book-based one.

Portraits - yes, I meant info_card portraits, not the small pics of the units in the campaign map view. I understand (and had understood before) that they're unimportant to you ("Of course i can't be bothered with those info-cards"). However, for some people they are. I've just mentioned them to explain myself why I wanted to start with 4.0.

Traits & others - thanks for the info, that's a great news for I've just fixed some issues in the 4.0 version files (EDCT, EDA) and I'll be able just to cut-and-paste into your version and play it for myself (if anyone would be interested - they're in the spoiler)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    EDB:
    * Bawdyhouse – current bonuses didn’t provide any incentive to move from Brothel to Bawdyhouse (or rather they tell you “don’t build it!”: Happy 10%, Law -5% to Happy 15%, Law -10%) -> switched to better bonuses (Stew: H10, L-5, Brothel: H20, L-10, Bawdyhouse: H30, L-15).
    * replaced the non-functioning “population_loyalty_bonus” with the “law” one (only 2 places)
    * replaced the non-functioning “taxable_income_bonus” with flat “income_bonus bonus” – the rule is “add 0” so 15 changed into 150 and so on (in 13 places)
    EDU:
    * added „is_peasant”: Welsh Skirmishers, Hunters, Hunters_AOR, Welsh_Skirmishers_Merc, Celtic Hunters – the only effect of this attribute is making them less useful for garrisoning (half of the effect) and the peasant should be less effective in policing town-dwellers.
    EDA:
    * Armours and helmets: lowered Hitpoints benefits to 1 – otherwise the those generals become un-killable gods.
    * Fixed descriptions of the armours, helmets, standards: the coded (in-game) effects were different from their in-game descriptions.
    * Fixed wrong links to descriptions for the helmets (for half of them the descriptions that would appear belonged to the other helmets.
    * lowered Movement for some animals – otherwise the generals would get almost teleportation abilities.
    * some other errors fixed (eg High King: double popularity effect etc.)
    * for the “rulers” the Loyalty bonuses removed (they don’t need it – they’re using authority), the other effects balanced
    * observation: many descriptions are very imprecise or false (eg Monk, Priest, Adultress); they also feature both “Piety” and “Management” despite being the same;
    EDCT:
    * triggers checked against faulty commands and conditions:
    --- NumKillsInBattle, GeneralWithAncKilled – not used in TLK;
    --- NoGoingBack – all deleted if antitraits were present;
    --- GeneralNumKillsInBattle – numbers divided by half since the general has to make the kills by himself.
    * Triggers checked („look ok at first glance”): Drink, Sobriety, Embezzler, Corrupt.
    * Some traits checked against their descriptions and fixed (whole description for trait Brave was wrong, for all levels);
    * balance of Hitpoints and Movement (lowered in a few cases – the logic as in the EDA)
    * Modified triggers (the trigger were not analyzed thoroughly):
    --- Good/Bad Administrator (in both directions)
    benefits: - Squalor instead of +Trade and +Law
    triggers: no changes
    --- GoodFarmer
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with a farm: 33%
    --- GoodBuilder
    benefits: better Construction benefits instead of - Squalor
    triggers: no change
    --- GoodTaxman
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with high or very high taxes (3% for each level), while the public sentiment is better than disillusioned (yellow or green face)
    --- BadTaxman
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with less-than-high taxes (3%), while the public sentiment is better than disillusioned (yellow or green face)
    --- GoodTrader
    triggers: governing (100% move) in a settlement with a higher level of vineyard, port, roads, bank – each 10%

Effects of the buildings (EDB) - ok, I understand. I hope I've made some contribution by pinpointing at the effects that were discovered to be non-functional since 2011. Again, I perfectly understand some people don't bother about buildings, economy etc.

Immersion - it's provided by different things for different people, and I think most of the players share your opinions (custom settlements, music and unit rosters) while some have other tastes. For me, it's (also) role-playing of the characters, development of your kingdom (economy, buildings), and in general campaign-dimension things.

I'm asking questions about the older version just to get the understanding what are the changes and be able to make an informed choice of the mod I play. On one hand, the final versions of any mod are polished and tested thus being less CTD-prone or stupid-gameplay-prone (it's why people play SS6.4 not SSHIP or Titanium - and I know something being a moder for the SSHIP), on the other - the new submods often develop new options and fix the old mistakes in the base mod (it's why I do think the SSHIP is better than SS6.4 and I'd expect your TLK-WotN submod to be better than TLK 4.0).

Accidentally, I'm also thinking about playing Gwynedd :-)

Finally, you may be interested how do I find the Thrones of Britannia current gameplay - I still think that Medieval 2 is a better engine though it's playing Thrones made me coming back to the TLK and TLK-WotN.

Thanks for all your answers.
    JoC
    Hello,

I did add all the traits, scripts etc from the Unofficial Patch - i re-modified the 3.06 version - i didn't simply take the patch and add it. I basically re-did the whole patch minus some songs that i didn't like. So all the stuff in the Official patch are included minus some songs - and i did add them manually which required some work actually.

Yes, the reason i don't add new traits or triggers is because i do not want to cause CTD. There is nothing more annoying to fix than CTD based on traits or triggers. As for scripts i am not too good at that, as i have only ever added scripts from one mod to another following a guide - i've never added scripts from scratch. And when i tried porting spawning scripts from Hyrule from let's say Ganon to make Majora spawn it didn't work - even though i did copy the lines and replace the faction names.. So they never work when trying something new. Scripting is the part i don't have much knowledge about in med2. The rest of the coding is a piece of cake.

Alright - i understand your view but i don't share it so you'd have to create that yourself.

About your fixes - i don't agree with some of them:

1. EDB - Awesome work, i could implement these changes in the update if you send me the EDB-file.

2. EDU - Nope, i don't support the adding of "is_peasant" to the Welsh AoR units. They are not garrison troops for cities, but instead are mercenaries required for Gwynedd to stand a chance against the Saxons. The mercs are already sucky and can't hold their own for long against the high-quality infantry of the Saxon factions. Playing as Gwynedd in the latest version of my sub-mod i think i've reached the perfect balance and Gwynedd has a challenge. By giving the units that attribute you are basically rendering them useless. The mod already has the Real Combat-system applied. They have been balanced according to their gear. Your changes will just render them worthless so i wouldn't want those changes.

- Gwynedd has really good archers/javeliners and is the only faction with Horse Archers and Horse Javeliners in Britain - but they need mercs for their infantry needs, as they don't have much infantry themselves in the larger part of the early and mid-game. Of course in the late-game if the settlement upgrades do work as intended they will get high-quality infantry in the late-game. Your changes will make Gwynedd too weak.

3. EDCT and EDA - Good work, hopefully they don't make the mod less stable. If they indeed do not cause issues i would like these changes as well.

Correct about the buildings - i'd rather not edit buildings because i've not really touched that area before.

About the immersion i'd guess it's different for different people. Don't expect somebody else to fix things for your liking. I do things for my liking and won't bother with anything else unless it's a fast matter.

"I'm asking questions about the older version just to get the understanding what are the changes and be able to make an informed choice of the mod I play."

- If you read the articles by me over at MODDB instead of being lazy then you'd know about all the changes because i did mention them all.

- Agreed about your thoughts regarding main mods/sub-mods.

Cool - Gwynedd is really great but if you play 4.0 then they still have old models and not the new bad-ass looking ones.

PS: The generals for Gwynedd could be pretty strong but you have to realize without them the rest of the army sucks in the early game. I wouldn't agree to lowering the armour or HP of the generals.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 11, 2018 at 03:46 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I just experienced the most annoying crash during a battle...That was going so well for me. Just out of nowhere. Is this a rare occurrence for this submod, or is it something that happens often? I'm asking because I am sooo looking forward for a full playthrough (this mod&submod is a dream come true, really), but crashes that erase hours of battle progress are capable of making the game unplayable.. Hence the question. Would be a real bummer if this will keep happening.

Quote Originally Posted by trueman11 View Post
    I just experienced the most annoying crash during a battle...That was going so well for me. Just out of nowhere. Is this a rare occurrence for this submod, or is it something that happens often? I'm asking because I am sooo looking forward for a full playthrough (this mod&submod is a dream come true, really), but crashes that erase hours of battle progress are capable of making the game unplayable.. Hence the question. Would be a real bummer if this will keep happening.
    It should be as stable as the original.

- And it could also crash, but it's kind of rare.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Dear Mr_Nygren,

Indeed, TLK was and still is a great mod! Underrated indeed, but great nonetheless. I want to thank you for keeping it alive and improving it, I am currently sownloading your "3.9" version, and have only a few questions:
    - Is there anything special about the installation? (I play a "steam" version of M2KTW), I understand that "3.9" is stand alone, just to be installed over M2KTW?
    - Is your mod "modfoldered"? (I don't know if this is the accurate word, what I mean is that I also play DIK as well as EB2, and would like to know whether installation of 3.9 would interfere with the other mods I have installed).

Thank you very much for answering me when you have time,

FFJean

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear Mr_Nygren,

Indeed, TLK was and still is a great mod! Underrated indeed, but great nonetheless. I want to thank you for keeping it alive and improving it, I am currently sownloading your "3.9" version, and have only a few questions:
    - Is there anything special about the installation? (I play a "steam" version of M2KTW), I understand that "3.9" is stand alone, just to be installed over M2KTW?
    - Is your mod "modfoldered"? (I don't know if this is the accurate word, what I mean is that I also play DIK as well as EB2, and would like to know whether installation of 3.9 would interfere with the other mods I have installed).

Thank you very much for answering me when you have time,

FFJean
    Hello, yes indeed TLK and WotN are great mods.

- There is nothing special about the installation, just do what you usually do and only use the version 3.9.

- For the CD you'd just place it in the data/mods and click the executable.bat (not the other .bat-files) to start.

- For the Steam version do what you usually do. Remove the other two .bat-files (pagan and norman) as they aren't compatible with my submod.

Yes, the mod is indeed mod-foldered. It won't interfere with any other mod.

- The Havamal

Hello guys!

I just decided to release an update of this mod called 4.0:

"Updated and improved version of this mod as of 2018-12-02 - it's more of a minor update/patch and i call it 4.0.

- The patch is improving the Gwynedd economy at the start.

- It's adding missing cavalry units to the three factions that didn't have them at the start.

- And Normandy now has an early garrison which is a full stack as the old garrison were too small, and they do need to kill off West Frankia/Western Frankish Empire to win - West Frankia needs to kill off Normandy in turn!

This was done because in order for Normandy to get Norman units they'd need all of the West Frankia areas on the map.

- Frankish factions are no longer allied to Normandy - as the alliance between Normandy and West Frankia happened only after Paris fell to Normandy and the deal was struck afterwards.

West Frankia doesn't have all their regions on the map, so they would be destroyed when that happens.

- Normandy will get Norman units when they hold all of West Frankia's territory - unfortunately West Frankia cannot survive this due to their other regions missing on the map.

- Population Growth Bonuses added for settlements as they upgraded too slowly!

Enjoy the update!"

And vote on this mod for Mod of the Year over at MOD DB if you enjoy it!

Link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-...on-submod-v-39
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 02, 2018 at 12:42 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.0 released)

Dear Mr_Nygren,

Thank you for your answer, I'm already downloading your 4.0!

All the best,

FFJean

Dear Mr_Nygren,

I don't have an "executable.bat" but an "executive.bat", is this the one to use to start?

Thank you,

FFJean

You mean, get rid of pagan and baptized?

When I click on "executive.bat", I have a message that "kingdoms.exe is missing". I have copied the exacted files into "D:\Documents D\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Last_Kingdom" which is my normal path (close to EBII and DIK). In DIK, I have an "executable.bat" but in TLK/WotN, none, just the "executive.bat". Is this a problem?

Icon4 Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.9 released)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    It should be as stable as the original.

- And it could also crash, but it's kind of rare.
    Just got to playing again, and it crashed in the same battle again, just a few minutes in. There was some hissing, as if there were some problems with sounds. Can't be sure.

I followed the installation instructions perfectly. What should I try doing, reinstalling the whole thing? It seems redundant, seeing as the installation process is simply the unpacking of the archive.

Grateful for any help, 'cause was so excited to play this...but now I don't know if I'm gonna be able to do that.

Just got to playing again, and it crashed in the same battle again, just a few minutes in. There was some hissing, as if there were some problems with sounds. Can't be sure.

I followed the installation instructions perfectly. What should I try doing, reinstalling the whole thing? It seems redundant, seeing as the installation process is simply the unpacking of the archive.

Grateful for any help, 'cause was so excited to play this...but now I don't know if I'm gonna be able to do that.
    Usually just autoresolve that battle and play other battles.

Medieval 2 mods are only so stable - one can't expect it never to crash. As for TLK i believe certain battles will ctd if started from some angles. What i am saying is sometimes it will crash and the only way around is to try to initiate it from a different location, or autoresolve that one battle - other battles might not crash just because one battlefield is glitchy. It's like random when ctd happens.

- The Havamal

Hello again. I kinda tried to find the information about this elsewhere, but was unlucky.

Can AI's go bankrupt? And what are the effects? I'm interested in what happens in TLKWotN specifically. The situation I'm aiming to create is to leave a rival viking faction with only one settlement in Britain, and I wonder what will happen to the huge armies of that faction. Will the lack of income from taxation force the AI to attack more settlements? Or does maybe AI get some money out of nowhere?

Anyhow, I'm grateful for any information on this. Thanks.

P.S. BTW @Mr_Nygren – starting the glitchy battle from another direction did help, thanks

Icon3 Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.9 released)

Usually just autoresolve that battle and play other battles.

Medieval 2 mods are only so stable - one can't expect it never to crash. As for TLK i believe certain battles will ctd if started from some angles. What i am saying is sometimes it will crash and the only way around is to try to initiate it from a different location, or autoresolve that one battle - other battles might not crash just because one battlefield is glitchy. It's like random when ctd happens.
    I kept having the CTD in battles, so I followed the recommendations in this thread: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ow-to-fix-them. And seems I have found the files that were causing the problem. This is the last line from the log after a couple of CTDs:
    Code:
    [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    So I removed the advisor battlemap.tga and advisor stratmap.tga files from the mod folder, so that the game would default to vanilla files, and I haven't had a crash since then.

ALSO, a question on another matter: I found that there are no female units for the Hordaland faction, and it seems for none of the viking factions either, but why? Is this impossible to accomplish in M2TW? It would be very immersive to have some kind of shieldmaiden units (although I have no idea how historically accurate).

Hello again. I kinda tried to find the information about this elsewhere, but was unlucky.

Can AI's go bankrupt? And what are the effects? I'm interested in what happens in TLKWotN specifically. The situation I'm aiming to create is to leave a rival viking faction with only one settlement in Britain, and I wonder what will happen to the huge armies of that faction. Will the lack of income from taxation force the AI to attack more settlements? Or does maybe AI get some money out of nowhere?

Anyhow, I'm grateful for any information on this. Thanks.

P.S. BTW @Mr_Nygren – starting the glitchy battle from another direction did help, thanks
    The submod is using the same scripts as the original but with some minor submods added on-top of it. I haven't changed anything regarding the scripts and bankruptcy so it should be like in the original. You'd have to ask the original creators.

- The Havamal

I kept having the CTD in battles, so I followed the recommendations in this thread: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ow-to-fix-them. And seems I have found the files that were causing the problem. This is the last line from the log after a couple of CTDs:
    Code:
    [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    So I removed the advisor battlemap.tga and advisor stratmap.tga files from the mod folder, so that the game would default to vanilla files, and I haven't had a crash since then.

ALSO, a question on another matter: I found that there are no female units for the Hordaland faction, and it seems for none of the viking factions either, but why? Is this impossible to accomplish in M2TW? It would be very immersive to have some kind of shieldmaiden units (although I have no idea how historically accurate).
    Interesting, i haven't had that crash myself playing as the Kingdom of Gwynedd but there are battle-CTD that happens very rarely for me. Interesting find - maybe that is the reason then. Where exactly did these files be located?

Denmark and Gautland have Shield Maidens, but as they are mythological i didn't make them available from the start - you'd need the level five settlement level. Denmark starts with a Lagertha hero-unit which has such a bodyguard and hero. Also, they do have Shield Maideens in their starting armies.

The reason the Norse (Vestfold/Hordaland - Kingdom of Norway) doesn't have them is because they have the Danish and Swedish shield emblems.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 29, 2019 at 10:20 AM.

- The Havamal

Icon1 Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.0 released)

The submod is using the same scripts as the original but with some minor submods added on-top of it. I haven't changed anything regarding the scripts and bankruptcy so it should be like in the original. You'd have to ask the original creators.
    I'll look for info in the corresponding forum then. Thanks.

Icon1 Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.9 released)

Interesting, i haven't had that crash myself playing as the Kingdom of Gwynedd but there are battle-CTD that happens very rarely for me. Interesting find - maybe that is the reason then. Where exactly did these files be located?
    Medieval II - Total War\mods\Last_Kingdom\data\ui and then the factions folders (anglo_saxon, eastern_european, etc.).

Denmark and Gautland have Shield Maidens, but as they are mythological i didn't make them available from the start - you'd need the level five settlement level. Denmark starts with a Lagertha hero-unit which has such a bodyguard and hero. Also, they do have Shield Maideens in their starting armies.

The reason the Norse (Vestfold/Hordaland - Kingdom of Norway) doesn't have them is because they have the Danish and Swedish shield emblems.
    Thanks, good to know

Icon4 Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.9 released)

Interesting, i haven't had that crash myself playing as the Kingdom of Gwynedd but there are battle-CTD that happens very rarely for me. Interesting find - maybe that is the reason then.
    Got a CTD again in battle, after a while. Here are the last lines from the log:

Code:
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    These chunks repeat themselves over and over many-many times without crashes:

Code:
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    So IDK if this has something to do with my PC or it is the mod itself. But this is proving too buggy to play, I lose hours of gameplay too often.
    If you have any ideas please let me know. Thank you.

P.S. I don't like autoresolving battles, it seems to be broken to me. I will never be capable of winning with so few losses as autoresolve does. I find it cheating basically. Besides, I play for the battles, autoresolving too many of them kinda beats the purpose of playing the game.

EDIT: I downloaded vanilla TLK 3.06 and the unofficial 4.0 patch and installed them into a different folder just to see if they have these mising folders. They don't.
    But I found something else. When installing the patch this message pops up: https://imgur.com/a/6OgMJoL.
    The sound files in WotN are different than in unofficial 4.0 patch, and the map.rwm is present in WotN but absent in the unofficial 4.0 patch.
    This probably has nothing to do with my crashes, but I'm just grasping at straws here... There were some strange sounds a few times when my CTDs happened.
    Last edited by trueman11; April 30, 2019 at 08:13 PM.