Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.5 released as of 2022-04-20)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (3.9 released)

Quote Originally Posted by trueman11 View Post
    Got a CTD again in battle, after a while. Here are the last lines from the log:

Code:
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    These chunks repeat themselves over and over many-many times without crashes:

Code:
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    So IDK if this has something to do with my PC or it is the mod itself. But this is proving too buggy to play, I lose hours of gameplay too often.
    If you have any ideas please let me know. Thank you.

P.S. I don't like autoresolving battles, it seems to be broken to me. I will never be capable of winning with so few losses as autoresolve does. I find it cheating basically. Besides, I play for the battles, autoresolving too many of them kinda beats the purpose of playing the game.

EDIT: I downloaded vanilla TLK 3.06 and the unofficial 4.0 patch and installed them into a different folder just to see if they have these mising folders. They don't.
    But I found something else. When installing the patch this message pops up: https://imgur.com/a/6OgMJoL.
    The sound files in WotN are different than in unofficial 4.0 patch, and the map.rwm is present in WotN but absent in the unofficial 4.0 patch.
    This probably has nothing to do with my crashes, but I'm just grasping at straws here... There were some strange sounds a few times when my CTDs happened.
    Missing folders?

Sound-files are different because the music is different - unofficial patch was made by another guy. Don't try to use the Unofficial Patch with my submod - it won't work. I've already added it manually but not the music, as i only used parts of the music.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Missing folders?
    Neither the vanilla game has those folders, nor the TLK itself or the unofficial patch. So I don't even know why it's trying to find those folders there. Do you know what those folders are?
    Just had another CTD in the same battle with the same exact chunk of lines in the log. It happened twice when I zoomed in near enemy unit. Don't know if this tells anything either.

Just gonna try deleting that folder from the mod folder, see what happens.

Sound-files are different because the music is different - unofficial patch was made by another guy. Don't try to use the Unofficial Patch with my submod - it won't work. I've already added it manually but not the music, as i only used parts of the music.
    Okay, figured as much. Thanks.

Missing folders?
    Looks like I kinda figured out the cause of the crashes. After yet another CTD I noticed that they all happen when arrows are being fired by my archers. Any thoughts on what is the reason really? Files, graphics options?

My guesses are arrow-dying soldier models, maybe something similar, connected to graphical models, or sounds of arrows. Anyhow, I'll be grateful for any hints to what you think may be causing this.

BTW, there are no log entries at the moment of the crash, so it seems previous entries were just coincidental, and not at all the cause.

EDIT: It seems like the cause is sounds of arrows flying, at least I get that feeling when CTD happens – it's always stuttering on some of those sounds. Can't be sure though.
    Last edited by trueman11; May 09, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Default Re: "The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen" -Submod! (4.0 released)

Well, I found out that the cause of the crash is mss32.dll, but there are no solutions to this crash online, cause it seems to be quite random from user to user.
    I tried many solutions that were suggested online, but none worked.

The strange thing is this crash only happens in this submod. I played SS 6.4 for a little while and it never occured there, although I played battles for a very long time, and used archers extensively.

For now I can easily reproduce this crash, all I need to do is just start a battle and make archers fire. Sooner or later the game crashes. OS tells me it's mss32.dll.

But since I feel this topic is dead, as it seems this forum is almost too, I doubt anyone would be able to help me or even care to help me.
    Anyhow, this is a great submod, but it seems I will not enjoy it for quite a while yet, seeing as the only thing that comes to mind is to buy a new PC, and even then it's not guaranteed to work.
    Thanks for your work. My pleasure was quite soured by this unsolved crash...

Hello everyone! I just want to announce that this submod has won third place in the 2018 modding awards for most popular sub-mod/minor mod.

I am not sure how to add the 2D-art to my user, this page or whatever - but it has been awarded the bronze medal.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FICIAL-RESULTS

I'd like to thank everyone for voting on this mod. It's appreciated, while the base-mod is the work of Danova and his team, and the new models are mostly the work of Absinthia, it was only me that actually worked on the sub-mod itself.

So thanks for the votes as i did work on the project alone using assets by other great modders.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 15, 2019 at 04:06 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Playing as the Franks, the two Magyar armies literally do nothing, they haven't moved a tile since the start of the campaign, its turn 11.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Playing as the Franks, the two Magyar armies literally do nothing, they haven't moved a tile since the start of the campaign, its turn 11.
    Yes, they are not 100% functional due to being a spawning faction. I just wanted all the factions playable for hotseat mode.

I might update the mod, and the update would return them to unplayable NPC. They do spawn armies later in the game.

- The Havamal

would not a spawned faction army need a target to be active?
    look up the script for spawned (English?) faction in Kingdoms: Teutonic campaign
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sĺ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grćd Enker og der grćd Břrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Řrn.
    Anders Sřrensen Vedel

Where is the link for Last Kingdom WoNT 4.0? Just curious!

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    would not a spawned faction army need a target to be active?
    look up the script for spawned (English?) faction in Kingdoms: Teutonic campaign
    No, that's only the case if I would have added them through the script. I were kinda amaterurish in 2017-2018 when it came to these scripts so I didn't even touch the descr_script-file. All I did to make them playable was to simply add them to the descr_strat, add a starting leader and heir with their armies etc. I didn't know they would be unable to move. So they won't do anything until they spawn way later as the AI. As the player they are semi-playable but they still can't hold settlements as they are a raiding/horde-faction. They mostly sack cities.

When i modified Hyrule: Total War last year, and during this year - I did find out that spawning armies won't do anything because the AI just can't if they aren't assigned a target through the descr_script as you write. So I've learned some scripting stuff modifying Hyrule and I didn't know anything about that file when i released TLK: WotN. All I did in that file were applying changes by comparing files using Total Commander, prior to the year 2019. I always added new armies through the descr_strat which is less complicated for a beginner.

TLK: WotN could use an update.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 04, 2020 at 05:30 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Where is the link for Last Kingdom WoNT 4.0? Just curious!
    On MODDB on this link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-...on-submod-v-39

- The Havamal

Great mod! no crashes! Will there be more advances for this mod? just wondering!

Great mod! no crashes! Will there be more advances for this mod? just wondering!
    It's possible that I will polish it more.

- The Havamal

Hello to all. Trying to play this mod again, on another machine now.

Can anyone clarify if unification of Norway is working correctly in WotN 4.0??

Hello to all. Trying to play this mod again, on another machine now.

Can anyone clarify if unification of Norway is working correctly in WotN 4.0??
    Yes, that feature has been in the submod since a long time ago - it worked when I played the mod.

- The Havamal

Hello to all. Trying to play this mod again, on another machine now.<br>
    <br>
    Can anyone clarify if <em>unification of Norway</em> is working correctly in <strong>WotN 4.0</strong>??
    <br>
    <br>
    Yes, that feature has been in the submod since a long time ago - it worked when I played the mod.

- The Havamal

Just noticed that Large Stone Walls cost only 4800 and take only 3 turns to construct - was it left so intentionally?? Or was this overlooked??

u can just type in 1 for the construction and thats it. i believe it was left there intentionally.

u can just type in 1 for the construction and thats it. i believe it was left there intentionally.
    I kinda don't understand what you mean. Can you clarify??

for example... if a unit says this "construction 2" just type in 1 instead of 2. it makes the game easier.