Thread: Advice for playing as Carthage

Default Advice for playing as Carthage

Hey guys, so I recently began a campaign as Carthage on legendary with all of the radious mods enabled. I got caught in a quagmire very early with rome, syracuse and a few iberian factions declaring war on me. I was able to fend them all off for about 50 turns but eventually got overwhelmed. As some of you may know, radious economy gives ai capital cities a huge boost which really hamstrung my efforts to conquer even one settlement factions, like syracuse. Libya and Nova carthage also got overwhelmed fairly quickly and rome was fielding 5 stacks to my 1 plus a navy so im pretty sure Im going to disable this and retry because it makes the early game near impossible to get out of.

So when i restart this campaign, I wanted to know what you guys thought about more general carthage strategies. Its spread out starting position and the possibility of war with rome are big difficulties for sure so I wanted to know what you guys thought about how I could get off to a successful start. Thanks and let me know!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus