Thread: Brown Full Cataphracts

Default Brown Full Cataphracts

Looking at the (old) Khara-Khitan preview one can safely say that the mounts utilized by the Khitan Heavy Horsearchers and the Khitan Noblemen are of a brown-shade cataphract variety with leopard-ish textures (spots and stuff, very nice). However, checking the export descr unit, one can see that Khitans, Mongols, and Khwarzemians all have high-tier units that use the exact same cataphract model: bc full cat. Yet, the Khwarzemian full cataphracts are silver or pink armored, while, as stated, the Khitan horses look very different? How did this happen? I'm asking this because after installing Buff and Shine 1.3 (a submod), I am appalled to see that Khitans, Khwarzemians, and MOngols, all ride the same silver-pink heavy horse variety. It's sickening. I checked both respective export descr units of the vanilla mod and the submod and that fact is still apparent: they all use bc full cat. How did the original Broken Crescent allow the Khitans to have differently shaded mounts if the model of the mount used is the same? Is this something that can only be seen in campaign? I've only seen the units in custom battles.

Default Re: Brown Full Cataphracts

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Looking at the (old) Khara-Khitan preview one can safely say that the mounts utilized by the Khitan Heavy Horsearchers and the Khitan Noblemen are of a brown-shade cataphract variety with leopard-ish textures (spots and stuff, very nice). However, checking the export descr unit, one can see that Khitans, Mongols, and Khwarzemians all have high-tier units that use the exact same cataphract model: bc full cat. Yet, the Khwarzemian full cataphracts are silver or pink armored, while, as stated, the Khitan horses look very different? How did this happen? I'm asking this because after installing Buff and Shine 1.3 (a submod), I am appalled to see that Khitans, Khwarzemians, and MOngols, all ride the same silver-pink heavy horse variety. It's sickening. I checked both respective export descr units of the vanilla mod and the submod and that fact is still apparent: they all use bc full cat. How did the original Broken Crescent allow the Khitans to have differently shaded mounts if the model of the mount used is the same? Is this something that can only be seen in campaign? I've only seen the units in custom battles.
    It is because, while the model is the same, the textures are different.
    Look for the entry "bc full cat" in battle_model.modeldb in unit_models folder, and see whether the texture you want for the mount is assigned to Khitan faction.