Thread: Adding new units to Medieval Total War - original game

Default Adding new units to Medieval Total War - original game

I added two new cavalry units to the game and they are on the campaign map unit production lists, but when they are actually produced instead of the cavalry units that I created I am getting a trebuchet unit and a catapult unit??? Any ideas what I missed? Hopefully somebody viewing can help a beginner.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: Adding new units to Medieval Total War - original game

Hi Perris,

Upload/attach your modded "CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT" directly here, so I or someone else with enough MTW-mod experience can have a look at the file first hand (and possibly spot the problem). It's just easier that way... Also, indicate which rows your new units are located on. Once you have done all that - I or someone else can then help you further with them units.

- A

The last two entries - Latinikon and Pecheneg Mercenaries are the culprits.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

From what I can tell, the file-formatting are screwed up.... Maybe that caused the problem for you. Anyhow, its easier for me to just provide you with a fresh and properly formatted file (that you can use and fill in the blanks on) then burning time trying to figure out why the error occurred - so that is exactly what I done...

I have attached a new and correctly formatted file (obviously you will also need to change back the file-name).... Use row 176-177 and the "Cavalry A" and "B" entries placed there. You can fill in the blanks on those units, and change it back and forth - it should work just fine anyhow... And yes, you can change the names too, if you like. Also check out post 2 for more details, in the MTW-modding-thread (stickied) here. Lots of stuff that are useful for you there.

Good luck...

- A
    Attached Files Attached Files

MUCH thanks for your time! Best regards!