Thread: An alternative version of the siege script

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default An alternative version of the siege script

Hey guys,

I've written an alternative version of the siege script for the Conquestus Britanniae campaign- mostly for the purpose of my own campaign, though if you want to use it I would be happy to share it with you.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!k1Zj3CAB!a4JXDOow1...uwD1XhqhvjEB1M

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the .rar file
    2. Unpack with WinRAR or whatever you have installed on your pc.
    3. Place the campaign.script.txt in the following directory;
    .../Medieval 2 Total War/mods/IB2_Britanniae/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    4. Once prompted copy and replace the file (just in case you may first want to make the back-up copy of your original campaign script)
    5. Done!

Main features of this version of the siege script:

* Greater scope of the script encompassing 40+ new settlements and four factions that were not included in the original script, i.e. all the three Irish factions plus the Kingdom of Guened
    * Lesser number of units spawned - for me the armies spawned by the original script were simply too large
    * Two-way scenario - there are basically two different scenarios for the garrison to be spawned in the settlement. One is that you lay siege to a settlement and maintain it for at least one more turn what gives you the time to build the siege equipment. In that instance the settlement in question is enforced with the full-strength garrison. The other scenario is that you lay siege to a settlement and attack in the same turn, using the artillery, having your spy opening the gates, etc. In that case the strength of the garrison is reduced to reflect the element of surprise and the limited time that your enemy has to prepare his defences.
    * Priority given to capitals; in each faction's capital there will be a slightly larger garrison spawned as compared to the rest of settlements

Questions and Answers:

* Is this siege script save-game compatible? Now, it isn't. You must start your campaign anew for the changes to take place.
    * Is this going to make my campaign easier or more difficult? That's relative. The conquest of a certain settlement, namely one of those that was included in the original script, is surely going to be easier as there will be a smaller army defending it, though on the other hand as now there are more settlements that are capable of spawning the garrison, the conquest of a faction as a whole may prove more challenging.
    * As the scope of the script is now wider, is this going to slow down my campaign speed? Actually not. I tidied up in that script a bit, some things removing, some things combining together, etc. Overall there are fewer monitors in it than there used to be, and thus you may even notice some improved performance in your campaign.
    * Is the Holy Men Script included? Please, check below.

Additional info:

Please, note that even though this version of the siege script is much altered compared to the original one, its core is essentially the same. That means that it is first and foremost the work of the creators of this mod and it's them who should take credit for it, not me.

Holy men script plus alternative siege script:

For those who would like to play this version of the script with the Holy Men script, please, download the content below, unpack and copy over your IB2_Britanniae installation folder, replacing the files once prompted.

https://mega.nz/#!gkoG3KZR!eokC5OLgICCHOieq6jOe1D1gIf7DpeopO_bKudosR7Q
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; March 06, 2017 at 03:20 AM.

Default Re: An alternative version of the siege scrip

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've written an alternative version of the siege script for the Conquestus Britanniae campaign- mostly for the purpose of my own campaign, though if you want to use it I would be happy to share it with you.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!k1Zj3CAB!a4JXDOow1...uwD1XhqhvjEB1M

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the .rar file
    2. Unpack with WinRAR or whatever you have installed on your pc.
    3. Place the campaign.script.txt in the following directory;
    .../Medieval 2 Total War/mods/IB2_Britanniae/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    4. Once prompted copy and replace the file (just in case you may first want to make the back-up copy of your original campaign script)
    5. Done!

Main features of this version of the siege script:

* Greater scope of the script encompassing 40+ new settlements and four factions that were not included in the original script, i.e. all the three Irish factions plus the Kingdom of Guened
    * Lesser number of units spawned - for me the armies spawned by the original script were simply too large
    * Two-way scenario - there are basically two different scenarios for the garrison to be spawned in the settlement. One is that you lay siege to a settlement and maintain it for at least one more turn what gives you the time to build the siege equipment. In that instance the settlement in question is enforced with the full-strength garrison. The other scenario is that you lay siege to a settlement and attack in the same turn, using the artillery, having your spy opening the gates, etc. In that case the strength of the garrison is reduced to reflect the element of surprise and the limited time that your enemy has to prepare his defences.

Questions and Answers:

* Is this siege script save-game compatible? Now, it isn't. You must start your campaign anew for the changes to take place.
    * Is this going to make my campaign easier or more difficult? That's relative. The conquest of a certain settlement, namely one of those that was included in the original script, is surely going to be easier as there will be a smaller army defending it, though on the other hand as now there are more settlements that are capable of spawning the garrison, the conquest of a faction as a whole may prove more challenging.
    * As the scope of the script is now wider, is this going to slow down my campaign speed? Actually not. I tidied up in that script a bit, some things removing, some things combining together, etc. Overall there are fewer monitors in it than there used to be, and thus you may even notice some improved performance in your campaign.
    * Is the Holy Men Script included? No, it isn't. If you want to play this version of the siege script together with the holy men script you need to let me know about it

Additional info:

Please, note that even though this version of the siege script is much altered compared to the original one, its core is essentially the same. That means that it is first and foremost the work of the creators of this mod and it's them who should take credit for it, not me.
    Awesome!!! I will post this in the DL link TY Seleukos!

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Maybe we should make this permanent addition to the mod!
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Thank you, guys, for your kind comments! Feel free to use this file as you find fit.

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    Maybe we should make this permanent addition to the mod!
    I am good with giving it a try. What does Reno think? we could use your help seleukos99

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

We have nothing to lose by giving it a try. Well done seleukos99. =rep.

Cheers.

Cheers! I'm happy I could make some contribution. I could also help you with some other things in your future modding plans. I've sent you a pm about it!

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Cheers! I'm happy I could make some contribution. I could also help you with some other things in your future modding plans. I've sent you a pm about it!
    Join the team...Apply seleukos99 for IB II developer status. I will return your PM message.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Join the team...Apply seleukos99 for IB II developer status. I will return your PM message.
    I could definitely give it a try! How do I apply and to whom?

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

i-would-play-with-holy-mem-script-optiomal-sorry-my-keypad-s-failure.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    i-would-play-with-holy-mem-script-optiomal-sorry-my-keypad-s-failure.
    Hey AntonioHundangir!

Thanks for popping in here!

I will have a look into this and within 24 hours will post a link to a campaign script that includes the holy men script.

I've updated the first post with the link to the holy men script and and the alternative siege script.

Default Re: An alternative version of the siege script

This mod is great, but it's preventing factions from expanding. Rebel settlements seem to have become untakeable by the AI!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Default Re: An alternative version of the siege script

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    This mod is great, but it's preventing factions from expanding. Rebel settlements seem to have become untakeable by the AI!
    Hey Antiochos!

Thank you for your feedback! But, do you mean that this alternative version of the siege script is preventing factions from expanding? That would honestly be a bit strange since the rebel settlements are not included in this script. Though, from what I remember, they have quite substantial armies to defend them.