Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Share your RTW Tactics, Strategies & Tips

Default Re: RTW Tactics, Strategy, and help

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|10|Darklord_Max View Post
    Every time TWC makes a new MP player make a noob box which results in me not having a challenge out of my game, I kill a kitten.

From your name i gather that you come from the same country as me, and are eleven years older than me. that should mean that you are smarter than me. Why do you say such stupid things? You can empty all your ammunition on a HA squad in Cantabrian circle and they will still be alive and kicking.
    `

Why would you say that?? That is a viable strategy against cavalry archers using Foot Archers!!

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: RTW Tactics, Strategy, and help

Quote Originally Posted by Jugurtha King of Numidia View Post
    `

Why would you say that?? That is a viable strategy against cavalry archers using Foot Archers!!
    Perhaps in single-player, but in multiplayer the noob-box is doomed against practically any army. While cavalry archers provide less missiles-per denari, the noob-box is notoriously bad at countering all armies. The is for multiple reasons, but just addressing your comment it is because for the noob-box to be affordable, the space inside it has to relatively small - making archers stacked on-top of each other. For whatever reason, Rome doesn't allow for stacked archers to fire at the same rate as they would if they were spread out, making them less effective. Furthermore, the fact that they are inside a small area means that the effects of enemy fire is even greater than it would be otherwise, meaning that almost every arrow will hit its target. In theory, if the enemy army did not include melee-cavalry one could counter this by having a few cavalry units operate independently outside of the noob-box. But assuming that your opponent is semi-intelligent, and includes a few cavalry units he will easily at the very least make them a non-issue by forcing them to run away from the box, or be forced into a fight with its flanks open to enemy charges.

For more info on why the noob-box is fundamentally flawed, take a look at the following comprehensive video by Cluny the Scourge.
    Last edited by Mr Longbowman; September 04, 2016 at 07:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123