Thread: Non-working Goron Mines

Default Non-working Goron Mines

Started up with the Gorons, since I felt like trying a charger faction and their mine income looks appealing; after several turns in, however, I noticed my income wasn't as high as I expected it to be. I checked the city status, and it turns out that despite having level 1 mines in every province and a level 2 mine in one, I wasn't actually receiving any form of mine income. My first thought would be that "Goron" mines, even the level 1 ones, are different than "regular" mines, and haven't been fully implemented yet (especially since the level 1 mines still cost 2000 even though it says they should be free)

I went digging through the forum to try and see if this has been mentioned/already known but couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Default Re: Non-working Goron Mines

1. There's code in campaign_script to pay you back silently once a first level mine is complete. You still have to pay the 2000, but you get it back once it's done. I presume it's the only way to do that. And that code is functional.

2. Let's see here. Ah. I see it now. The code for regular mining-which a 'mine_resource bonus x' bonus will go on top of-is 'mine_resource x'. In game, both use the text 'income from mining'. Now, you can have 'bonus x'. But you need to have regular mining in place to have the bonus work. The Goron section of the mine building is using 'bonus' where it shouldn't.(Not to mention the second level Goron mine lacks an entry for mining at all). Possibly they were meant to have an entry in the regular 'mine_resource' bit then get the bonus, maybe not. Still, the matter's fixable. Go to the entry for the mines and remove the 'Bonus' from the Goron's 'mine_resource'.
    Last edited by Bloodly; February 11, 2017 at 04:30 AM.

Default Re: Non-working Goron Mines

Gotcha, thanks for the assist!