Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Kulturkampf for DeI

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Submod] Kulturkampf for DeI

Btw, would it be possible to have the PO mali for hellenic factions scale with faction size?
    IMO it doesn´t make sense for small factions like Athens to have rebellions on their 3rd turn,
    whereas it would make sense for big factions like the Seleucids and Ptolemies to have to fight rebellions every so often.

Maybe you could decrease the PO malus from "cultural differences" for Hellenic cultures and add something like the "Disdain for Plebs" faction trait for bigger Hellenic factions.
    Or mayby add a "Macedonian" culture as opposed to a "Greek" one.
    Last edited by Maetharin; March 03, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

I have been testing the last two days. 40 turns in and I am just now getting to be able to leave my home territory. I understand the slow conversation rate and like the idea. Couple of things though.

Culture and PO in your starting regions or at least your Capitol Province should not need to be pacified for the first decade of the game.

Shrines don't increase in cultural conversion as they upgrade. Only PO.

PO order penalties of -35 to -50 is a bit high once you have the majority religion. In the beginning is nice, but it should calm down when you become the majority religion, whether that is 25% or 40%. Once you get to 50% it should calm down some more. 70% should be the end goal with no PO penalty.

Hope to to enjoy the next ten years more. One province at 47% and the other at 50% and finally done with the rebellions. 40 turns and probably 35 small battles with two provinces. Thanks

Yeah I competely agree with JCB206

I do have the same problems with Egypt. And I didn't even start the game with the mod on, I activated it around turn 30 (which means I already had stable, high PO and can now handle it quite nicely). I currently played about 40 turns with it. AI is obviously struggling too, but the bigger factions are doing ok. Smaller ones are having constant rebellions though and are effectively halted in doing anything else than crushing rebellions every turn (or being crushed by them). It does feel very realistic, minor factions didn't really have the power to subjugate their enemies, yet it's a bit too hard. I installed the "no PO negative submod", otherwise the AI would not be able to accomplish anything. I know it's quite easy this way for the player too.

About Egypt: It's hard to get more than 70% egyptian culture, even with more than 40 or even 50 influence in a province! About 20% are reserved for greek culture due to higher tier buildings spreading it, the rest is local traditions. While this feels very cool and realistic, it can be quite annoying to deal with your PO. You need to constantly shift your agents and generals to keep your PO high, with no gameplay benefit whatsoever.

I also agree with JCB206 that shrines should not always spread the same amount of culture, regardless of their level (and their worshipped god). It makes them unbalanced with some temples simply not worth constructing.

I do love the conversion rate though, it's a real challenge. But maybe you should lower the PO penalties a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by JCB206 View Post
    I have been testing the last two days. 40 turns in and I am just now getting to be able to leave my home territory. I understand the slow conversation rate and like the idea. Couple of things though.

Culture and PO in your starting regions or at least your Capitol Province should not need to be pacified for the first decade of the game.

Shrines don't increase in cultural conversion as they upgrade. Only PO.

PO order penalties of -35 to -50 is a bit high once you have the majority religion. In the beginning is nice, but it should calm down when you become the majority religion, whether that is 25% or 40%. Once you get to 50% it should calm down some more. 70% should be the end goal with no PO penalty.

Hope to to enjoy the next ten years more. One province at 47% and the other at 50% and finally done with the rebellions. 40 turns and probably 35 small battles with two provinces. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_92 View Post
    Yeah I competely agree with JCB206

I do have the same problems with Egypt. And I didn't even start the game with the mod on, I activated it around turn 30 (which means I already had stable, high PO and can now handle it quite nicely). I currently played about 40 turns with it. AI is obviously struggling too, but the bigger factions are doing ok. Smaller ones are having constant rebellions though and are effectively halted in doing anything else than crushing rebellions every turn (or being crushed by them). It does feel very realistic, minor factions didn't really have the power to subjugate their enemies, yet it's a bit too hard. I installed the "no PO negative submod", otherwise the AI would not be able to accomplish anything. I know it's quite easy this way for the player too.

About Egypt: It's hard to get more than 70% egyptian culture, even with more than 40 or even 50 influence in a province! About 20% are reserved for greek culture due to higher tier buildings spreading it, the rest is local traditions. While this feels very cool and realistic, it can be quite annoying to deal with your PO. You need to constantly shift your agents and generals to keep your PO high, with no gameplay benefit whatsoever.

I also agree with JCB206 that shrines should not always spread the same amount of culture, regardless of their level (and their worshipped god). It makes them unbalanced with some temples simply not worth constructing.

I do love the conversion rate though, it's a real challenge. But maybe you should lower the PO penalties a bit?

Appreciate the feedback. Have reduced the penalties, scaled and increased conversion rates slightly. Conversion rates are also scaled per building level rather than one flat rate. New revis. is updated on the workshop. Lemme know if this version is less intrusive.

I will try it out soon. Thanks.

Cool thanks

I also had an idea about connecting the economic modifier of every region (heartland, colony, subject and maybe even the population density) to happiness. Maybe a small bonus or malus for each type? This could help you in the beginning (when every province is a heartland) and provide some challenge in conquered regions. At least until you converted them to your culture. Two problems though:
    1. I gave feedback to Dresden that the modifier doesn't change at all, even in newly conquered regions. It should be based onthe ratio of the four pop-classes, yet even with 99% foreigners it's still considered heartland. Seems to be bugged atm
    2. Even if the sript would work, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or even possible. It just popped into my head and sounded reasonable I'm not a modder though, so I don't know the scripts
    Last edited by Chris_92; March 04, 2017 at 06:44 AM.

Also added a version II with increased cultural tension levels: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=876657873

You changed the level of conversion on each temple but you just lowered it from what I can tell.

Now level 4 temples is 0.75% conversion when level 1-4 used to be 0.75%.

I also do not see the Hellenic influence listed on any other buildings.

I have a province with 30% my culture and 82 Hellenic influence with 8 local traditions. Only 0.1% conversion rate. I believe even in last version I was getting 0.2% conversion rate.

I have a full province with 89% Hellenic Culture and -13 cultural differences.

I love the idea of this mod. If what I am seeing is suppose to be that way, then maybe this mod is not for me and would understand. If it still needs tweeking, please let me know. Thanks.

Yeah, everything just came to a complete standstill (which is also my fault; I activated the mod when the campaign was already 40 turns long). It's even worse for the AI, they are effectively blocked to do anything else than sitting in their towns and fight of rebellions. As this seems to be the case even when you start a campaign, I think you have to raise conversion rates again... (seems to be a scaling-problem).

I currently deactivated it (mainly to kick start the AI again) but now everything feels so casual and easy. I therefore hope that you keep on tweaking it further, it's already a great submod. I'd give it a try with a bit higher conversion rates and maybe lower penalties for the AI. Would this be possible?
    Last edited by Chris_92; March 06, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

@Tullyccro: i've played with your mod around 150 turns and i like what i see. Macedonia is still to weak to defend against the Thracians but all the other factions still exist.

The building_effects_junctions_tables is a little 2 ruff for my taste so I made a lighter version of it. I added a 0.40 to every value and will see what the effects are. So 0,25 is now 0,65 etc.
    You made an estimation that it takes 20 years (80 turns default TPY) to fully convert a province. So with my version it will be around 12 years (48 turns default TPY) to convert.

religion_drift has been changed from 0,0005 to 0,0045.

ps: half-way i found the cltr+F replace all option so it took a while first
    Last edited by Joysong; March 08, 2017 at 01:23 PM.

Anymore updates coming with this mod?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Ι would also like to know cause this is a cool mod.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Ive made my own version of this mod. With lighter penalty than the original version.
    With the original version its to hard an 2 much of a standstill for AI if u ask me.

Provences have an conversion that is 60% higher than the original Kulturkampf.

Original changes 0,005 per turn to convert
    My version changes 0,065 per turn to convert. still gives rebellion but not so long and much.

The AI is then much more on a conquest if you ask me. with author permission i would like to share it. but ill need permission first.
    Last edited by Joysong; March 21, 2017 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    Ive made my own version of this mod. With lighter penalty than the original version.
    With the original version its to hard an 2 much of a standstill for AI if u ask me.

My version changes 0,065 per turn to convert. still gives rebellion but not so long and much.

The AI is then much more on a conquest if you ask me. with author permission i would like to share it. but ill need permission first.
    Would be interesting to test it.
    Thanks

I would be interested too! I've been trying this mod in my 1.2 Arevaci n/n campaign, both the harder and the normal version, and I have to say to me it's a brilliant idea. But, unfortunately, the conversion rate is almost non-existent, after about 20 years of campaign. So I think that should be set to be higher.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6P utilizzando Tapatalk

It's just your personal version so I think it will be no issue for the author.
    Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 24, 2017 at 07:42 PM.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Here is my personal version of Kulturkampf for DeI. don't thank me but the author. i just changed some stats. i also added some lines that
    will make conquest more challenging for player and AI. this to prevent the AI from steamrolling. its not tested fully so please give ur feedback

Download link
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...HNGakFVNlI1LUU

in a nutshell
    culture conversion is tweaked higher than original. normal kampf takes 80 turns this version around 48
    conquest is more of a challenge. so when u loot. be prepared.

yes its save game compatible
    Last edited by Joysong; March 25, 2017 at 12:22 PM.

Here is my personal version of Kulturkampf for DeI. don't thank me but the author. i just changed some stats. i also added some lines that
    will make conquest more challenging for player and AI. this to prevent the AI from steamrolling. its not tested fully so please give ur feedback

Download link

in a nutshell
    culture conversion is tweaked higher than original. normal kampf takes 80 turns this version around 48

Τhank you both then...I'll test it and let you know.
    Cheers mate.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 27, 2017 at 05:53 PM.

Download link

in a nutshell

First of all, thank you very much to tullyccro for his submod idea/concept, and to Joysong as well for uploading his own version!

I'm a new player into Rome 2/DeI. I'm very interested in this mod, as I'm not aware if DeI 1.2 already includes a specific historical public order issue, depending on historically cultures diferences.

I'm playing for the first time (old school TW) with Joysong's version in Normal CAI/Normal BAI, plus DeI Hardcore Population and Reduces squalor submods. I'm Arevaci, and for the moment (22 years), the campaing seems challenging enough and fun to play. However, I'm constantly suffering negative public order (right now, it has decreased to -40), despite designing generals to governos and dignataries to spread our culture (losing constantly iberian population until now, which seems to be stopped and increasing for the first time).

However, I've seen other AI neighbouring factions to take settlements of different cultures (Arevaci and Edetani taking most of south of Gaul) but, despite not having any garrison in the new cities and being in a city of 100% celtic culture, their public orders are perfect (100 green, even increasing). Well, I'm even struggling to keep my homeland and Carpetania stable, while they're blitzing like hell (Cantabri and Edetani, which is even reaching Italy... seems ridiculous that they're already fighting Rome before Carthage). Is it correctly balanced? Wasn't this submod and the other ones suppose to stop blitzing for the AI and the player? It doesn't seem to work...

Thank you very much anyway!

Mod probably needs an update guys.
    Any news ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast