Thread: CTD at start?

Default CTD at start?

Hi! I'm running the RTW Gold edition on Steam. I downloaded and extracted ExRM, and added the instruction in Steam's launch options to recognize the mod, but it persistently crashes at startup when launching the mod through BI. Am I doing something totally wrong?

Default Re: CTD at start?

I've experienced the same problem since i switched to the steam version of the game.
    Workaround: Don't use the desktop link; instead start BI via Steam client directly OR with the system tray icon of steam by right-clicking (iirc I've done the last method).
    Don't forget to set the starting parameters equal to those in the desktop link!
    Quinn, my hero of the day!

Default Re: CTD at start?

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos Nikator View Post
    I've experienced the same problem since i switched to the steam version of the game.
    Workaround: Don't use the desktop link; instead start BI via Steam client directly OR with the system tray icon of steam by right-clicking (iirc I've done the last method).
    Don't forget to set the starting parameters equal to those in the desktop link!
    Basically, this. I've never had issues running any mod on Steam via Steam's Library. Just set the parameters right and you're golden

NOTE: For increased stability of ExRM, as well as any other RTW mod, I suggest adding -ne to the launch options, it makes the game run in windowed mode which is far more stable than default fullscreen, especially when alt-tabbing
    So basically, in launch options, enter this:
    -show_err -ne -mod:ExRM
    And run Barbarian Invasion.
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator