Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [OLD] Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana - original thread

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.02 - ENGLISH TRANSLATION upcoming + my first fixing patch (and greater things later!!!!)

The core is the one which was already present in the former Gothic Total War, but with the time the mod has expanded in all aspects and now is much bigger.

I already tried to contact Amon Amarth as I know that he was the former leader and I would be really glad to cooperate with him for next developments, but he seems no more active unfortunately.

Btw, guys, for next updates please refer constantly to the new ModDB page as I will put the content over there.

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.02 - ENGLISH TRANSLATION upcoming + my first fixing patch (and greater things later!!!!)

Is there a more accessible version of this? The instructions and links offered on ModDB do not work.

I checked by myself and they work, actually.

Just download the archive, open it, open the .txt file and you find the links for downloading. You just need to put your email account and you will receive the links to download the original mod.

Once done with the installation, apply my NH patch over it.

Btw, a Russian guy posted as well a link to Mega where you find the whole mod+NH patch included. So, just choose the alternative which is more suitable for you. Everything is on ModDB now guys

You must be mistaken. Giving my email and requesting a download link does not work. Perhaps it is the country in which I reside. Anyway, where is this "link to Mega?"

Ok, so most probably is because of your country place. As for me it works just fine.

Anyway, nevermind, you have the other source at disposal. Check on the comments section. You find a guy called "Senary", he posted a link to Mega where you can download the full mod + NH Patch included.

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Thank you for the translation, I can finally play this masterpiece. Or not, because of gamebreaking crashes to desktops.
    So let me explain. While the game does not suffer from random crashes at battles (1 crash after 14 hours), which is very pleasant indeed, there are some crashes during campaign that just don'e let you continue.
    Let me be more specific. After turn 34 with new camp, and while I was progressing and saving my game, when i reached turn 37-38, I noticed that i couldn't load any savegames after turn 34. When the load bar reached the end, it CTD. I resolved this by loading an earlier save, before turn 34.
    Now I am on turn 41, and as soon as I click end turn and my army stops moving, CTD. I reloaded from turns 40, 38 but again when I am at turn 41 and click end turn, it crashes.
    I tried to reload an earlier save from turn 36, and then the same happened but this time on turn 40. When I click end turn, it immidiately crashes. I had tried reloading an even earlier save, fastforwarding it till turn 41, i managed to pass it, but then it crashed at turn 50+ I think.
    So since this is happening at the campaign, at fixed turns i guess it's an event related conflict, or some script maybe. Maybe some event tries spawning armies at occupied blocks? Who knows.
    I have attached the 2 saves and tell me if you can proceed to next turns. Good crash hunting. Tell me if you come up with what's wrong and a fix maybe.
    Anyways i wish you best luck for the continue of your work on the mod, but also try to keep it stable, because I don't see why me or anyone would keep playing if it crashes at campaign at certain turns.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there,

thank you very much for having been so specific, this is how players should always help developers when there are crashes

As I already explained on ModDB:

try to see in the system.log. You find it in Medieval II/"logs" folder. Hopefully, it will explain you the issue related to the CTD..

Moreover, a little trick when you guys have crashes. Before the end of the turn put the command "toggle_fow" (yeah, I know it's a cheat! xD) and keep it active while you process the new turn, so it will be easy to see where is the problem and if it can be solved..

Btw, let me know if you find the cause in the system.log

But, I will check it too and I'll try to fix that immediately, if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    Thank you for the translation, I can finally play this masterpiece. Or not, because of gamebreaking crashes to desktops.
    So let me explain. While the game does not suffer from random crashes at battles (1 crash after 14 hours), which is very pleasant indeed, there are some crashes during campaign that just don'e let you continue.
    Let me be more specific. After turn 34 with new camp, and while I was progressing and saving my game, when i reached turn 37-38, I noticed that i couldn't load any savegames after turn 34. When the load bar reached the end, it CTD. I resolved this by loading an earlier save, before turn 34.
    Now I am on turn 41, and as soon as I click end turn and my army stops moving, CTD. I reloaded from turns 40, 38 but again when I am at turn 41 and click end turn, it crashes.
    I tried to reload an earlier save from turn 36, and then the same happened but this time on turn 40. When I click end turn, it immidiately crashes. I had tried reloading an even earlier save, fastforwarding it till turn 41, i managed to pass it, but then it crashed at turn 50+ I think.
    So since this is happening at the campaign, at fixed turns i guess it's an event related conflict, or some script maybe. Maybe some event tries spawning armies at occupied blocks? Who knows.
    I have attached the 2 saves and tell me if you can proceed to next turns. Good crash hunting. Tell me if you come up with what's wrong and a fix maybe.
    Anyways i wish you best luck for the continue of your work on the mod, but also try to keep it stable, because I don't see why me or anyone would keep playing if it crashes at campaign at certain turns.
    Ok I did a quick check. With the two methods that I listed I cannot detect the cause of the problem. You should send me another previous save as well, not just the ones where it immediately crashes at turn end. I mean, another save where it works after you push end turn...

Moreover, thanks to your progressions, I detected a non-working trigger in the EDA, fine I will include the fix in the next NH Patch 1.1. Still a miracle that I could load your save with the new WIP material that I already implemented in my version

I already post the fixed EDA which is save-game compatible..... And then, ok, in next version there will be no mercy for "Goblins" and "Bandits". I will put tons of debts on them from the very start

Thanks for taking your time to look into my problem. Unfortunately I realised that I had installed the game wrong. I had forgotten the 2.02 update (I had installed only the 2.0, 2.01 and NH patch) so I guess some conflicts might be caused by this. So I am going to give it another shot and start a new campaign with the New Camp. If the problem persists in my new walkthrough, we 'll have to look into it. However if you insist, I can send you the earlier saves.
    As far as balanicng is concerned, with the installations I played 2 things caught my eye. Firstly, Goblin tribes taking myrtanian capital by turn 35-40 and secondly bandits spawning stacks of army with 12+ units, all of them being heavy mercenaries and heavy mercenary crossbowmen with 3 silver chevrons xp. Although I managed to beat them, they were ,I think, unnecessarily strong.

Ahhhhh ok, then, no I don't need your saves because without 2.02 everything was messed up in your campaign (still surprising that you managed to make the game starting without all the content!)

Yeah, don't worry about Goblins and Bandits, they will be "tiny sheeps" in the new NH Patch. They will be crushed by everyone. But, I will keep the spawning armies because they are lore-friendly.

Start the new campaign with those new descr_strat, campaign_script and EDC (still, I need to complete fixes for EDC). An use the new EDA that I posted above..

Before starting the campaign, delete the map.rwm in world/maps/base..

Ok, I cleaned installed the mod and all the patches, I replaced all the files with the new ones you uploaded here and I have a new crash to report. Turn 34, CTD after end turn, but this time as you ll see if you toggle_fow off, CTD is caused during Orc turn, because an Orc general attacks his own faction's settlement (Cape Dun)!!! The siege is about to begin aaaaaand, CTD! I have attached the save game, fix it.
    PS: Do you have any clue why when I try to use the move_character cheat, it always says "character not found"? Is there something wrong with the names?

Ok, by now I cannot load your saves anymore because my version is well beyond yours in terms of new WIP content. But, according to what you said, I checked in the campaign_script and there were a few "siege scripts" that were triggering even if the settlement was already held by that given faction. Fine, just fixed all this stuff and ready for next patch!

A workaround for you, now, should be to replace the orc general sufficiently far away from Cape-Dun. For the names, yeah in MII mods not always the names in-game correspond to the names stored in the engine. But, no alarm, just check in data/text/names.txt and you find all the names you want.
    According to the .log and what it tells me, you should search (in names.txt) for a certain "Oruk", see what is his real name in {brackets} and move it in another place.

Let me know!
    Last edited by rafmc1989; February 23, 2017 at 01:11 AM.

So I managed to go past turn 34 (I had to kill the bugged army, just moving it caused CTD again), and now on turn 45, CTD immidiately on end turn, just like the first ones.
    I have attached the game saves (+saves of the past 10 turns) plus the system.log. I know you can't load the games anymore, but I suggest you install the mod on another folder, so you find what triggers the CTD. That's actually the 3rd walkthrough that crashes after turn 40. Good luck and keep on the good work

Ok I could only check your system.log but, yeah, I was already aware of some spawing orc armies in the campaign_script during those turns, actually the time period was from 39 to 48.

Already took care about that stuff I'm also expecting results from another beta-tester. Since I couldn't see your progressions, how were goblins and bandits performing?
    And in terms of money, were some factions in bankrupt?

Well in this walkthrough, the ones performing really well were the northern orcs, while the ones underachieving was Myrtana (They are about to lose their capital from the orcs). The bandits from almost 40 regions they had 26 by the end of turn 45 and goblins from 22 they had 15 regions. About the money, after turn 20 all factions (except for goblins) were ok. (some factions like myrtana and argaan reached over 600kgold). About the military, southern orcs seem to have got way too strong, while goblins also remain at top and bandits show some decline. I have attached the diagramms for the game. BTW, Sliverlake was eliminated at turn 17.

So, about my savegame, is there any workaround this time so I can proceed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails regions.jpg   money.jpg   military.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    Well in this walkthrough, the ones performing really well were the northern orcs, while the ones underachieving was Myrtana (They are about to lose their capital from the orcs). The bandits from almost 40 regions they had 26 by the end of turn 45 and goblins from 22 they had 15 regions. About the money, after turn 20 all factions (except for goblins) were ok. (some factions like myrtana and argaan reached over 600kgold). About the military, southern orcs seem to have got way too strong, while goblins also remain at top and bandits show some decline. I have attached the diagramms for the game. BTW, Sliverlake was eliminated at turn 17.

So, about my savegame, is there any workaround this time so I can proceed?
    Ok, I saw the graphs. Mmh, I'm getting close to the expected result. Yeah, northern orcs are somewhat boosted in early campaign because of spawned armies, Myrtana has to decline steadily according to the lore (but i guess, being you Onar's mercenaries, you even fastened up the process, that's also the reason with Southern Orcs are stronger than usual). About income, ok fine, just bandits have to be in the same situation as goblins. And for military, yeah in next versions it will be completely different because of the new EDU and the new EDB. And, moreover, yep, I already boosted economy for Stewark and Silverlake.

To turn back to your campaign, maybe a possible workaround for you right now would be to search for some suspicious orc armies and eliminate them from strat map...

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (The official development is alive again!)

Guys, big changes await you in next release!!!

The NH patch is officially replaced by the new development of Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1

Check it out on ModDB:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...a-202-nh-patch

rafmc1989

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (The official development is alive again!)

Is it possible to have a list of the main features of the mod? I'm not familiar with Gothic's universe.

Eh, the list would be soooo long.

It's an adaptation of the Gothic universe and of all the aspects of that series. In terms of MII platform, I consider this mod unique under many aspects. The funniest part is the implementation of rpg elements into a strategy game, something which is very rare for a MII mod.

But apart that, there are tons of features and elements which differentiate this mod from the others.
    You should give a look to it, and then, in the next official version you will get even more sweeties!

Thanks for the answer. Is the manual translated from German to English from the old thread still accurate for Chronicles of Myrtana? I assume a Russian team took new development after the German team?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast