Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [OLD] Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana - original thread

Default [OLD] Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana - original thread

GOTHIC TOTAL WAR: CHRONICLES OF MYRTANA

Current version: 2.1
    Plans for future versions already in place

Settings: Chronicles of Myrtana reproduces the fascinating World of Gothic and offers unique mechanics and features, heavily influenced by "rpg elements".
    The Gothic Series is an RPG Video Game for PCs came out several years ago. It started with Gothic I and terminated with Arcania:Fall of Setarrif. The series had many expansions apart from the main titles, and the soundtrack was executed by Kai Rosenkranz, a German musician and composer.

Timeframe: the mod starts with events happening at the beginning of Gothic 2, but it covers all the main characteristics which are seen in Gothic 1, Gothic 2, Night of the Raven, Gothic 3 and Arcania.

MAIN FEATURES:
    - 15 playable factions (spreading from Gothic I to Arcania)
    - hundreds of custom units extremely close to the Gothic lore
    - very detailed map covering all the main territories shown in the series
    - Unique mechanics and features which reproduce "rpg elements"
    - Events, storytelling and scripts which are loyal to the events happening in the series
    - Plenty of innovative features for characters, agents, buildings and units
    - Detailed textures and graphics which reflect the Gothic series on PC

Some recent screenshots of the latest build:

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...new-interface2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...ut-gotha-demon

The official ModDB page of GothicTW:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...les-of-myrtana

The official Russian forum dedicated to the mod:

https://vk.com/gothictotalwar

Main download link to MEGA (others will be hosted too):

https://mega.nz/#!n4cy0AgK!grf86aTOl...SVH8WLK2yyX9p0
    Last edited by rafmc1989; March 27, 2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Updated due to new release

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.02 - ENGLISH TRANSLATION upcoming + my first fixing patch (and greater things later!!!!)

Never heard of this before, but now I am intrigued. I hope to play this soon!

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.02 - ENGLISH TRANSLATION upcoming + my first fixing patch (and greater things later!!!!)

LITTLE UPDATE:

Hi again guys,

the English translation is proceeding as intended and it displays correctly in the game, as you can see in the pictures below (of course, still WIP):

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Most probably, I should be done in a couple of weeks and then I'm going to insert some urgent fixes and release my first full patch v.1.

After that, I will switch to the second phase of my planned content (mainly will be balancing and new features). When the translation is ready, I'll create a new page on ModDB for this mod, so as to increase its popularity and let it be seen by a wider range of players.

btw, an important ANNOUNCEMENT to make:

*** If you are a 3D artist or you know someone who is a 3D artist and who I can contact, please show up and I will immediately turn back to you. I have some nice artworks which can be a perfect source of inspiration for creating new unit models. ***

(I would really like to to that by myself, but unfortunately I cannot create new units. I tried several times but I sistematically failed when trying to create new models )
    So, I hope someone will answer to my call. The task won't be that hard, as I'm planning to create just a couple of new models, so it's quite feasible!

That's all for now, I'll keep you updated. Cheers!
    rafmc1989

OTHER LITTLE UPDATE:

Happy to say that the English translation is close to be ended. I'm left with one last (huge) file, the "historic_events" and then everything will be displayed in English. This file is very huge, so I think I will need a week or so to translate everything.

Then, I'm going to include a couple of new animations, some fixes in descr_strat and campaign_script and, finally, I will publish my first patch on ModDB.

I hope guys that many of you will test the mod and be active, in the sense that you can make some beta-testing telling me if you find things which are not polished (ex. placeholders, missing text, and so on).

***Again, if you are a 3D-modeler, I would be really glad to be contacted by you. I have a couple of nice ideas for potential new unit models***

In the meantime, I attach some pictures to let you see how the English text figures in the game:

STAY TUNED! Cheers.
    rafmc1989

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

I had no idea this mod existed. So I downloaded and I can't play it because guess what, everything is in Russian. So I am looking forward to your translation update. One small piece of advice or favour if you want to call it so. When you are done with the translation , upload it at once. Then take all the time you need for your balancing, fixing, adding new units patch. But at least give us the translation as soon as possible. Thanks for your efforts, really appreciated.

Yeah, I know. This is my most immediate goal for now, release the translation together with some quick fixes, so that you can discover the mod, learn its mechanics and enjoy the Gothic universe (or start loving it for the ones who are not familiar with the Gothic series).

Obviously, keep in mind that the translation will be essential and concise (and not 100% correct, at least in terms of English grammar). But, what is important, you will finally understand everything there is to. Don't worry, I think I'm doing a good job in translating the stuff.

Thanks a lot for your comments and, yeah be ready, I'm not far from completing the work (albeit this "historic_events" is incredibly huge, the game is full of scripts wtf! )

I'll inform you once I upload everything on ModDB. Cheers!!

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

I've never played any Gothic games but this looks really cool. I may just play this when the translation is released. The units and stuff look really good.
    "I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

Aaahhh, you should have played at least one of them, trust me you lost a wonderful series!!! (my favourite still remains Gothic 2: Night of the Raven! ... The best gaming experience ever had with a PC game, hands down )

Btw, never too late, through this mod you can get familiar with the series. Don't worry, I'm close to end it..

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

I will be sure to check often then and I looked up some gameplay and it looks cool, kind of like the Elder Scrolls abit, I might just get it some day soon
    "I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

This is brilliant!

ANOTHER UPDATE (This time I swear, the last one before completion ahaha )

Just to show you how the scripted events work in the game, obviously for now I translated a part of them, not everything (let's say around 40%). Here I'm proceeding checking every script, so that you will understand everything.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A special feature that you will get familiar with, is your "hero" (the adventurer). I don't want to spoiler, but he will make great things for your faction!!!

That's all for now, happy to see that there are still loyal fans of the old, good Gothic!

Cheers!

Cool, I like this mod but I dont understand russian xD
    When you upload the eng translation ?

Soon, very soon..

Actually I just finished and it's fully functional!!!

yet I will take another couple of days as:
    1) I cannot upload the whole patch right now as I have a poor Internet connection not being at home (just for the very next days);
    2) I will include the first fixes together with it, new animations and other stuff that I already implemented (e.g. eventpics, images, etc.)

So, guys, in the weekend you will be pleased, don't worry!
    I will create a ModDB page dedicated to the mod and you will find the material there.
    Cheers!

Cool

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Urgh! Want this so much! Can't wait for release!

ooook guys, the first phase is finished!!
    Added new animations and fixed the major bugs (there are still others left, but they are not game-breaking so I will address them later )

You can find the new page dedicated to the mod, on ModDB. Therefore, be ready, the NH patch (in honor of Nameless Hero, you have to you him - no excuse!!) will be released by tomorrow.

******************************ANNOUNCEMENT********************************

Especially now that the game is in English, I'm looking for TWO PROFILES who can help me a lot:

1) Someone who can use "Milkshape" appropriately so as to create new unit models;

2) Someone who can use "Geomod" appropriately so as to make some changes on strategic map (i.e. placement of a few settlements)

As I said, expect the content released by tomorrow.

The NAMELESS HERO is awaiting for you!!!

P.s. How do I change the thread title?? Because, you know, it has to be updated now...

Default Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.02 - NH Patch v 1.0 RELEASED ON ModDB!!! (NOTE: In search of modders willing to participate...)

Hi guys again,

finally the NH Patch v 1.0 has been released on ModDB and is awaiting you. Here the link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...-nh-patch-v-10

While here, you find the link to the original mod in Russian that has to be installed first.

http://imtw.ru/topic/32269-gothic-to...f-myrtana-rus/

The development, of course, will continue and new content is planned.

On ModDB, moreover, I posted a "call" for any modders who want to participate to the further development. Giving the high potential of the mod, and its availability in English, I hope someone will address the needs that I stated at the moment.

Hope you like the NH Patch first version, and please give me A LOT OF FEEDBACK (as it's essential to improve many many aspects).

The Gothic Universe is, finally, at hand for all of you. Happy Gaming!!

How do I download the original Russian version, comrade?

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.02 - NH Patch v 1.0 RELEASED ON ModDB!!! (NOTE: In search of modders willing to participate...)

I posted all the content you need to play on the official Gothic TW page on ModDB.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...a-202-nh-patch

Just follow the instructions and install everything in order.

I hope many of you will try the mod!! And any suggestion is by far appreciated!
    rafmc1989

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Is this based on the version by this German modding team?
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast