Thread: Location of Save Game Files

Default Location of Save Game Files

I have not looked at the forum board and I hate internet search systems, but i have a question, where are the save game files located on PCs.

Blackfairy

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Default Re: Location of Save Game Files

Quote Originally Posted by Bilackfairy View Post
    I have not looked at the forum board and I hate internet search systems, but i have a question, where are the save game files located on PCs.

Blackfairy
    Hi Bilackfairy and welcome to TWC! Is it Blackfairy as you sign or Bilackfairy as your username seems to be?

The game save files' location varies according to what we're talking about.
    1) For what TW game are you asking?
    2) Is it a Steam or CD version of the game?
    3) Have you installed the game in the default location or somewhere else?
    4) What is your operating system (OS)?

By the way, in case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.

steam, i play both online and off line on two different PCs.

games wise Empire Total War and Rome 2 as a friend is mad on the Cathage

different on one and same on the other and windows 7 and windows 10

i am a real but i have a way of setting up PCs so not to loose information should I need to reinstall the OS

Tell me about Empire and I should be able to work the rest out or just tell me the file extension as i did a system look of file names used in the save box and found nothing.

Blackfairy is both as the name comes from one of the characters in the novels i write.

mant thanks Tiro

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

I'd be happy to tell you about either Rome 2 or Empire, but sadly I can't because I only ever play and know Med2TW... But the layout and the file type are the same, a simple search for .sav files in your Windows would solve the problem. If not, you can always ask in the respective subforums of the two games and get the answers there.

This message was sent by my mobile phone.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

For Empire Total War (at least on a Windows 8 PC) saved games are at C:/Users/[your username]/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/save_games.

Some of these folders might be hidden by default. If you cannot see any of the folders, then you might need to search online for how to reveal hidden folders in the operating system which you are using.

thanks found them and it is the same on win 7 as win 8. i will look at win 10 in a while and report back