Thread: Small Report on You tube on TSardom Battle Beta!

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Default Small Report on You tube on TSardom Battle Beta!

Hello!!!!

My friend made this video on the battle beta, I hope you can enjoy it.

I will write a translation soon, since it is in Italian. sorry he made it for the Italian community!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0i3...Ve7GYeV2R&t=1s

have a nice day!

Julio

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Small Report on You tube on TSardom Battle Beta!

Very cool video i could understand some of what he was saying but still hard to figure it out. Can you write a quick summary?

The things i noted:

- the hit points of the general are an issue we must look into

-we use the rr/rc system so its all according to a set of rules. The unit that fought to the last man is the Varangian guard that is a supe rare elite unit. They are meant to fight to death. Try it with another unit and they will flee.

- the animation of the arrows and crossbow bolts is an issue

- the sound has not been touched so that needs to be done but not a huge priority

- cavalry is meant to be super strong and a front charge will break most units except certain spearmen and pikemen. That is why they have low troop numbers

I didn't get what he said about banners did he like them or not?
    Last edited by Wallachian; February 04, 2017 at 03:22 AM.

Hello Wallachian, I will repeat what he said.

Units balance: Morale and Defence values.
    He say that the morale of all the units (generally speaking) it is very high, as the defence bonuses that makes long fight, together with high defence stats. (on this things he said that is balance).
    the Audio, has vanilla sound. He also said that during the pre-battle face the soldiers animations act as they were screaming but the are mute.

Then he point out that some faction has still using their Vanilla factions historical voices, (he mean the voice speaking of the situation of the battle, not the soldiers speaking).
    For example he said the Bosnians are using the Holy Roman Empire voice when they speak about their victory for the emperor.

He also point it out the same skills of the units are missing like (fire arrow or cavalry charge formation). He is not sure if the modders just forgot to use it or they simply decide to change the stats of the units and take away the skills of the units

Banners, he loves the units banners and he noticed that in some factions when the unit is running away the banners are flashing but in most of the faction the banners is not flashing. he loves the idea that all the units banners are the same (normal or running away).

Regarding the Fire he noticed (but he is not sure if is a bug or something that it was done on purpose) if a firing units has a enemy units in a fight with a friend units, the fire units do NOT fire. (in order not to hit his friendly unit).

Cavalry he appreciate that the charge is not that powerful.
    then he highlight that it is good that the general bodyguards are not that much, so a player have to take car of the general. Regarding the Roman general he noticed that is very difficult to kill.
    I was using that general that battle and I kill 3% of the Bulgarian soldiers only with 3 soldiers of the Roman general bodyguards.

I hope that you understood what I wrote, in case I was not so clear I try to repeat in a better way

We will play again this week for a other report.
    We really appreciated what you have done TSARDOM team

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ok thanks for that, I'll try to go through some of the complaints

- Did he play on vh difficulty by an chance? Personally I don't find the battles too slow, if anything they're too fast. There is a correlation between morale and the quality level of the unit so the high quality units like Varangian guard have very high morale. They won't fight till the death though but close (the only units with locked morale are Cohorta Pontifica, Swiss Guard and Swiss armoured pikemen). But Varangians are an exception, very few units have the highest quality level (exceptional) and these unit are very rare so you won't have to face them very often. And the defence stats are as intended according to Real Combat 2.0 guidelines. The audio should be fixed in the final version.

- Again this will be fixed eventually. Most of the things are leftovers. Like Bosnia having German voices, that's because Bosnia uses vanilla hre faction slot

- fire arrows are removed in RC2.0. If by cavalry charge formation you mean wedge, that can be easily added.

- yes banners are lovely

- isn't it the same in other mods? And if you wish your skirmishers to keep firing you can target manually and they will (well most of the time )

- well I find cavalry charges way too powerful . But that's realistic I guess. As for the general being hard to kill, that's annoying but hardcoded. Because the AI is stupid, CA gave AI generals more hitpoints so they don't die too quickly.

thanks for the compliments . Feel free to post more observations
    Last edited by jurcek1987; February 09, 2017 at 05:24 AM.

My friend is the one who made this observations, I just report what he said.

Yesterday we had an other battle, that I hope to publish here ASAP. We could not find the Gasmouloi, or you mean the Latin for this units?

see yah
    Julio

ps stay tuned for the next video, a battle!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Can not wait for the next battle! Please post any more observations they are very welcome indeed!

We don't have Gasmouloi but we do have Roman Crossbowmen as the Tzagranatores. I believe the Gasmouloi were meant to be crossbowmen so the unit is pretty much covered.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Plus they have access to Genoese pavise crossbowmen

The Wedge was removed because it doesn't work properly. Only the first few guys will hit the enemy, they won't penetrate the formation, they will come to a halt, and everyone behind them will come to a halt and not actually engage the enemy. So the Wedge formation is not at all effective due to CA not being able to implement its own ideas. The Square formation is far more effective, as it allows a lot more horsemen to hit the enemy with the charge and then fight in melee.

Point Blank removed fire arrows from units that weren't Superior and above. I've taken them out altogether, since they're unrealistic. Only Ballista Towers should have flaming projectiles, since flaming projectiles were only used in siege warfare, against siege engines and wooden structures, not against people.

Soon there will be release a new Analysis based on the NEW BETA! 0,7