Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind from the East - Submods and Additional Units Mod

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Wind from the East - Submods and Additional Units Mod

Submods :

I - Additional Units Mod by Swiss Halberdier :

Adds a total of 90 cavalry and infantry units, 4 field marshalls, 8 artillery units, and 30 ships to all factions. It goes quite well with Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod since Ottoman Total Overhaul mostly focuses on eastern factions, and AUM more on western factions, making all faction's roaster not merely complete but mind-blowingly massive !

Since I had requests from users who were interested more in western factions, I thought it'd be a good idea to adapt that mod to Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod, and now thanks to the blessing of Swiss Halberdier, the job is done.

If you want to see the original thread : Additional Units Mod.
    There is a list of all the additional units there, and further information about this mod if you want to see it more in detail.

Download Link : AUM 1.3 by Swiss Halberdier file - Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod for Empire: Total War - Mod DB

Installation Tutorial :

You must have installed Wind from the East.

1) Put [OTO_AUM_UPC.pack] and [OTO_AUM.pack] in [C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/Data].
    2) Remove [OTO_UPC.pack] to avoid conflict with [OTO_AUM.pack]. Make a backup if you consider uninstalling AUM.
    3) Go to : [%appdata%] - and open [(...)/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts].
    4) Open [user.empire_script] and add this entry at the last line :
    [mod OTO_AUM.pack;]

Then save and exit !

Kurulum Bilgisi :

Wind from the East'i kullanıyor olmalısınız.

1) Ottoman Total Overhaul modunun son versiyonunu yukarıdaki link’ten indir.
    2) [OTO_UPC.pack]'ı sil çünkü [OTO_AUM_UPC.pack]'ile uyumsuzluk olabilir. Bir dosyada kopyasını tut ki AUM'i silmek istersen eskisini geri koyabilesin.
    3)[OTO_AUM_UPC.pack] ve [OTO_AUM.pack]'yi[C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/Data] dosyasına koy.
    4) Başlat Windows'ta ara [%appdata%] yaz ve sonra [(...)/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts]'e gir.
    5) [user.empire_script] aç ve sonuna bunu yaz :
    [mod OTO_AUM.pack;]

Sonra kaydet !

Credits :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AUM Team

Swiss Halberdier - Creator of AUM-EMP and UPC-EMP

DramaBelli - testing, all screenshots and translator of the Italian UPC-EMP
    plissken3 - testing

Takeda Shingen - testing
    Heil Nappy - testing

♔hammeredalways♔ - testing and answered a lot of questions from players on my thread

Gerula666 - banner on my thread
    Luckylewis - testing and for creating the AUM-EMP video
    Creators of the supported hosted major mods

Darth Vader for his DarthMod.

L33tl4m3r + alpaca + APE:TI team A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita for their major mod. APE:TI inspired me to change the recruitment of the Marines and Mercenaries. Especially huge thanks to L33tl4m3r for his patronage.

Imperial Splendour team for their major mod. Thanks for the animations of several units.
    Thanks to Danova and his team for the permission to integrate his ORNAMENTUM units.

Texture contributors

These texture contributors made textures for AUM-EMP and the optional Graphics pack:

DANOVA, HELLFELL, REMO, KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL, SIR DIGBY CAESAR, SPANKY, BLADERUNNER, KUNGFUSERGE, POLLUX578, HRIMFAR, JOEDRECK, REIKSMARSHAL, JARNOMIEDEMA, LEGOFINGERS, GENERAL CORNWALLIS, RHEVANT, JFC, ONKEL TUCA, YORAM777, POM, PRISONNEO

Thank you very much that you all allow me to include your fantastic textures!

Unit contributors

RstyBloodnok for inspiring me to create the blunderbuss units. Added the Royal British Marines (Nocks Volley Gun) from his Royal Navy Marines 0.5.
    Included the Highlander Warband from Highland Warband Mod 1.0 by Emperor Batman999/erasmus777

Spanish translation team

(HG)Super + Bolonia + Boche + Mariscal Zhukov + Ipod + (HG)Carlos

French translation team

Aither + Toniho

Italian translation

DramaBelli
    Thanks a lot to all for the huge effort to make my units available to all Spanish, French and Italian speaking fans!

Others

applelover for his work on the Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP)
    ToonTotalWar for helping me on the UPC and his special TAR-AUM version.
    Thanks to our toolmakers on TWC: daniu, Jinarik, husserlTW, Mitch, taw, just

Thanks to these toolmakers who created the old ETW/NTW Tools: The Vicar, erasmus777, LtChambers and alpaca
    The Phenom + MrThib + Power Wizard + erasmus777 + husserlTW for their great tutorials and guides

The whole Total War Center Team for hosting the best site about Total War Games and allowing us to share our passion with others.
    The fantastic Total War Community for all the infos, discussions, resources and mods.

Creative Assembly for creating the awesome Total War Series.

II - Religious Wars Minimod by Goutlard :

This minimod is cross-compatible. It works with Wind from the East, as well as with most if not all other major mods out there.
    It's main effect is that it makes religious unrest more important as well as conversion faster. Which means that either you or the AI may convert regions belonging to other factions to spark unrest ; and that you'll need to garisson regions with important religious minorities until they are converted more often.

It is not historically accurate, but interesting as a mechanic anyway !

How to install :

1) Put the [OTO_Religion_minimod.pack] file in the [C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/Data] folder.
    2) Go to :[%appdata%] - and open [(...)/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts].
    3) Open the user.empire_script found in the [(...)/Empire/Scripts] folder and add the line at the end :

mod OTO_Religion_minimod.pack;
    Then save. Now you have installed the mod. It was rather easy huh ?

Kurum bilgisi :

1) [OTO_Religion_minimod.pack] pack'ı [C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/Data] dosyasına koy.
    2) Başlat Windows'ta ara [%appdata%] yaz ve sonra [(...)/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts]'e gir.
    3) [(...)/Empire/Scripts] dosyasindaki user.empire_script’in sonuna bunu yaz :

mod OTO_Religion_minimod.pack;
    Sonra kaydet.

Link :
    Religious Wars Minimod file

III - 4 Turns by Year mod by KingArtist21 :

[spoiler]This minimod modifies the campaign of Wind from the East, making each year take 4 turns! All credits to its maker, KingArtist21, I'm really thankful to him!

How to install :
    1) Install Wind from the East
    2) Unpack
    [Osmanlı Mod 1 Yıl 4 Tur Modu.rar] into [C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War]
    3) Overwrite

Kurum bilgisi :

1) Wind from the East'i yükle
    2)[Osmanlı Mod 1 Yıl 4 Tur Modu.rar]'un içerigini[C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War]'e koy.
    3) Overwrite

Link : 4 Turns Per Year Minimod file - Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod for Empire: Total War - Mod DB

III - Enlightened Government Minimod by Goutlard :

This minimod makes ministers more important, accentuating their effects on the country. As such having good ministers and keeping a good cabinet will be more crucial than ever to running your country well.

How to install :

1) Put the [OTO_Gov_minimod.pack] file in the [C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/Data] folder.
    2) Go to :[%appdata%] - and open [(...)/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts].
    3) Open the user.empire_script found in the [(...)/Empire/Scripts] folder and add the line at the end :

mod OTO_Gov_minimod.pack;
    Then save. Now you have installed the mod. It was rather easy huh ?

Kurum bilgisi :

1) [
    OTO_Gov_minimod.pack] pack'ı [C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/Data] dosyasına koy.
    2) Başlat Windows'ta ara [%appdata%] yaz ve sonra [(...)/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts]'e gir.
    3) [(...)/Empire/Scripts] dosyasindaki user.empire_script’in sonuna bunu yaz :

mod OTO_Gov_minimod.pack;
    Sonra kaydet.

Link :
    Enlightened Government Minimod file - Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod for Empire: Total War - Mod DB

Last edited by Goutlard; February 27, 2021 at 07:23 AM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Default Re: Ottoman Total Overhaul - Submods and Additional Units Mod

Due to new settings the 1.1 version of Additional Units Mod is now outdated.
    The version 1.2 will be released in a few hours, compatible with the 2.5.8, and future 2.5.9 versions of Ottoman Total Overhaul !

Hello, I was wondering if you will be updating your additional units mod with the version that's just been updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if you will be updating your additional units mod with the version that's just been updated?
    As I had written somewhere else :

Currently AUM 3.6 is present as a submod. The bugfixes of AUM 3.7 are present in my version (I was the one to point out a bug to Swiss Halberdier when adjusting AUM 3.6 :p). As for the recruitment priorities, Ottoman Total Overhaul already has a Darthmod based AI that has modified priorities, and units are rebalanced already.

So, since 3.7 didn't add new units, updating from 3.6 to 3.7 would add next to nothing for me, but would take a lot - and a lot of time. For me it was exhausting rebalancing units and re-organizing all data files previously. I don't feel like doing that again from scratch if no new units are present. ^^

However, I have made an update to the Ottoman Total Overhaul version to improve balance relative to Ottoman Total Overhaul. Base numbers are those used by Swiss Halberdier, but elite units have been buffed the same way in AUM 1.3 for Ottoman Total Overhaul as in the last Ottoman Total Overhaul update.

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    As I had written somewhere else :

Currently AUM 3.6 is present as a submod. The bugfixes of AUM 3.7 are present in my version (I was the one to point out a bug to Swiss Halberdier when adjusting AUM 3.6 :p). As for the recruitment priorities, Ottoman Total Overhaul already has a Darthmod based AI that has modified priorities, and units are rebalanced already.

So, since 3.7 didn't add new units, updating from 3.6 to 3.7 would add next to nothing for me, but would take a lot - and a lot of time. For me it was exhausting rebalancing units and re-organizing all data files previously. I don't feel like doing that again from scratch if no new units are present. ^^

However, I have made an update to the Ottoman Total Overhaul version to improve balance relative to Ottoman Total Overhaul. Base numbers are those used by Swiss Halberdier, but elite units have been buffed the same way in AUM 1.3 for Ottoman Total Overhaul as in the last Ottoman Total Overhaul update.
    Thanks a lot Goutlard for still supporting this submod. And yes as you wrote it, it isn't needed to do all from scratch again as you already implemented all my fixes from AUM 3.7 or they aren't needed for your overhaul.

Hi everyone,

Since i had Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod installed with AUM (a great mod, definitively!), a significant amount of units have no name. They are for example: " (Sword infantry)". This is occuring mostly on eastern units, but on several western ones too.

Has someone experienced the same issue?
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Quote Originally Posted by Archesel View Post
    Hi everyone,

Since i had Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod installed with AUM (a great mod, definitively!), a significant amount of units have no name. They are for example: " (Sword infantry)". This is occuring mostly on eastern units, but on several western ones too.

Has someone experienced the same issue?
    The reason for this is simple ; it is related to the LOC file.
    It can happen if you miss the second step of the installation :

2) Remove [OTO_UPC.pack] to avoid conflict with [OTO_AUM.pack]. Make a backup if you consider uninstalling AUM.

Normally that should resolve it. If it doesn't, I'll look onto it !

But there is no "OTO_UPC.pack"... There is a "OTO_AUM_UPC.pack" though. What do I remove?

Ah, I found it! i had to remove the "MOD_OTO_LOC.pack" file, not the"OTO_UPC.pack".

Hey Goutlard,

Hope you are fine. I have been an owner of ETW for many years but never ever fired it up up to now. Yesterday I got that itch for an Ottoman game and searched for Ottoman mods. Result is, yours is the biggest and the grandest. Even, with the AUM, it becomes really enjoyable not only with Ottomans but also with others.

However there are some issues with it. Aum Loc file probably does not edit your additions' name in your other edited countries like Safavid(it changes its name to Persia also) and Barbary States. SOme units name appear as (Irregular), (x) etc.
    Could you please have a look at it.

And Second one is not a problem but here it is; I liked the way you name the Ottoman units after their local, past names. For instance you named a unit "Levend" whereas it is changed some "x Irregular" in Aum. Same goes for other Janissary types. Could you please revert them to their past names? I think it makes the Ottoman more unique.

Btw, I delete MOD_OTO_LOC everytime I use your mod with AUM even if there is no real effect on the game as a result of this action. Maybe you can force your LOC file to overwrite AUM's one? Do you think it is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Later Edit: I see your mod's namings under the AUM LOC file(opened it with PFM) however, I can't see the effects ingame. Certainly, there is some issue with the LOC file. Without AUM and using OTO_LOC, it seems fine. But when I include AUM and its loc+deleting OTO_LOC, it creates problems.

I learnt some PFM editing last night to figure out what was wrong. Seems like some entries are not there for Barbary and Safavid Nation. I compared them to OTO_LOC entries and completed them. Seems like all unit names are there from now on. I changed the Ottoman soldier names to the ones in the Ottoman Total Overhaul version(vanilla). If you find anything wrong, I can try to change it.

Aside from that, that AUM_LOC file is really mess; a lot of cloned entries. I don't know whether deleting them will render anything useful.

Anyway, I attached the latest LOC file.OTO_AUM_UPC.rar

Has anyone else noticed that the units added in this submod have way higher stats than the standard units? For example, the Swedish regiment of foot has an accuracy of 40 while the standard mod units have an accuracy of 8? Does this matter, or is this something that needs updated?

AUM has been updated to be compatible with the Final version !

Quote Originally Posted by ElrosAmandil View Post
    I learnt some PFM editing last night to figure out what was wrong. Seems like some entries are not there for Barbary and Safavid Nation. I compared them to OTO_LOC entries and completed them. Seems like all unit names are there from now on. I changed the Ottoman soldier names to the ones in the Ottoman Total Overhaul version(vanilla). If you find anything wrong, I can try to change it.

Aside from that, that AUM_LOC file is really mess; a lot of cloned entries. I don't know whether deleting them will render anything useful.

Anyway, I attached the latest LOC file.OTO_AUM_UPC.rar
    About the names, the problem is related to the Unit Pack Compatibility Project.
    It is a monumental project that makes all unit packs compatible together, but also a mess with dozens of entries repeating the same thing that makes me unable to change the name of units as soon as the AUM submod is in use. Changing every single entry and editing everything would be very time-consuming and difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin5790 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the units added in this submod have way higher stats than the standard units? For example, the Swedish regiment of foot has an accuracy of 40 while the standard mod units have an accuracy of 8? Does this matter, or is this something that needs updated?
    Indeed, the AUM mod was not up to date. Now it is

Anyone here always crashed playing with AUM ?
    I was playing with OTO light version

Edit : I solved the problem
    Last edited by Soap Mactavish; April 18, 2020 at 08:56 PM.

Great work Goutlard! This mod looks incredibly cool, and while on the one hand I would love to see my usta's tearing holes into European line inf, I am a dedicated DMUC player and will have a hard time playing without it. Anyone know if this mod is compatible with Darthmod, or (ideally) Darthmod and Additional Units for DME?

First of all, thanks for the existence of such a great mod Goutlard!

Any updates on this? I really love this mod and truly appreciate the work Goutlard has been putting in. It would be something out of a dream to play OTO with Darthmod. Are they compatible and if so, are there any specific instructions on how to run them together?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon0216 View Post
    First of all, thanks for the existence of such a great mod Goutlard!

Any updates on this? I really love this mod and truly appreciate the work Goutlard has been putting in. It would be something out of a dream to play OTO with Darthmod. Are they compatible and if so, are there any specific instructions on how to run them together?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.
    i was about to ask this question cuz this is a really cool mod and would really amazing if you can run it along side Darthmod Empire

Thanks ! Nowadays this mod is basically just as big as Darthmod Empire, includes an improved AI version of Darthmod made by Bran Mac Born as well as a good number of sub-mods included by default (listed here)

So, unfortunately this mod is too big and changes too many things to be compatible with Darthmod as it is :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast