Thread: Permission to use building models?

Civis

Default Permission to use building models?

Hello,

Really enjoy the mod, very well done and detailed. I myself am working on my own project, a total conversion to high fantasy east Asia setting. I dont know if anyone else has ever asked, would it be OK to use the Japanese style models for my mod? I would give credit of course.
    The buildings would be just for the battle, not the campaign map, those are from another mod (permission received, Era's Total Conquest).
    The same for the samurai units, as the mod is a fantasy setting with samurai, the models could help as a spring board. There will be lots of editing, mixing and matching to make them look different. It wont simply be a "copy and paste" thing.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Permission to use building models?

Sorry to disappoint, but the creator of this mod seems to have gone inactive (I'm sitting around waiting for permission to make a submod lol)

That being said, there is a mod called the Imjin War of Korea that has plenty of Japanese, Korean, Jurchen, Mongolian, and Chinese units and buildings in it. There's also the Asia Empires mod which has factions like Dai Viet, Tibet, and some others. They have active mod teams and had no problems so far with giving me permission to use their assets, as long as you give them credit. Both are on twcenter and the Imjin mod has an English translation, but the Asia Empires mod does not. Both of these mods take place during the 1500s-1600s, if that's the time period you're looking for. A lot of the Asian units in Falcom can be found in Asia Empires.

Hope I could help!

Civis

I may give those a look. Thanks Metal.Pigeon.

I will take a look at Asia Empires, if the units all look the same I will give them credit for the units. For buildings maybe I will look at Imjin War.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Just to clarify, you should message them before you do it. I messaged ranger86 for the Imjin War mod and againster for Asia Empires. Asia Empires isn't translated into English yet, but the files themselves should make sense.

Can you link me to the mod when you finish it?

Civis

Well I messaged both of them but no answers yet.

If you like, you can send him this message. Thanks to infinity for your time, the quality of your work to create the mod falcolm total war. I am nostalgic of medieval 2 total war, for me the best total war undoubtedly, I do not like the mods of medival 2 total war based on the new graphic engine of Attila, because there is something that I do not Finds, it is not the same pleasure with the graphics of the medieval 2 total war original. Even if it is less realistic, because soldiers in the Middle Ages were not all dressed in the same way as in the eighteenth century. But what would be great, it would be a mod with a new graphics engine, resuming the game with its basic graphics textures for units, arrows ect, just add the gore (blood, arrows that cross the bodies as in Rome TOTAL WAR 2 and shogun 2) and that would be perfect.

Basically, I think what it would take, it would be a medieval 2 total war with the remastered world map as Call of duty modern warfare was remastered, because this medieval 2 total war remaster would sell well I think , Because I do not think I am the only one who wants this. Just add any possible units like Ghulams to Egypt ect. I am also thinking of a system of sub-factions created from a certain period, such as the Teutonic order, the principality of Antioch, Kingdom Jerusalem, that one could choose to adopt this order for our basic empire (France - England ect.) It would be huge if the map could be like Falcolm but with a graphics engine that would display the map of the whole world in many more regions. A bit like for example for England an England the size of that in the Britannie countryside of Medieval 2 Total War kingoms. We could all sign a petition, regroup by fan of the countries of the world and even demonstrate in the street for this medieval 2 total war remastered by the official producers (if I am not mistaken, I do not know if the creator of flacolm has Participated in the creation of the original game medieval 2 released in 2006).
    Basically, I think what it would take, it would be a medieval 2 total war with the remastered world map as Call of duty modern warfare was remastered, because this medieval 2 total war remaster would sell well I think , Because I do not think I am the only one who wants this. Just add any possible units like Ghulams to Egypt ect. I am also thinking of a system of sub-factions created from a certain period, such as the Teutonic order, the principality of Antioch, Kingdom Jerusalem, that one could choose to adopt this order for our basic empire (France - England ect.) It would be huge if the map could be like Falcolm but with a graphics engine that would display the map of the whole world in many more regions. A bit like for example for England an England the size of that in the Britannie countryside of Medieval 2 Total War kingoms. We could all sign a petition, regroup by fan of the countries of the world and even demonstrate in the street for this medieval 2 total war remastered by the official producers (if I am not mistaken, I do not know if the creator of flacolm has Participated in the creation of the original game medieval 2 released in 2006).

Hi, sorry but most of stuff comes from other mods...
    Please check the credits in order to find where I got the buildings and contact the original creators.