Thread: Question about AI agents and Basileion Odryson

Nilte's Avatar Civis

Default Question about AI agents and Basileion Odryson

Really enjoying 1.2 so far so thanks for a fantastic mod

Now to my questions 1: Is it just me or is the AI getting some bonuses to their agents? in my current campaign I am bogged down and cant move on becuase of one ai agent that is hindering my movement every turn. At one point in the campagin I had 4 ai agents constantly harrasing two of my armeis stationed in Delminium. It surley brings a challange to handle this so its not a complaint, just something I wonder if you other players have encountered.

Question 2: As the title says "Basileion Odryson". I know all campaign experiences are different, but one thing I have noticed since I installed 1.2 is that in every single campaign I have played this faction is rocking the out of greece and then continues to stomp eastern europe. I have started several different campaigns as rome to try different starting methods and tactics, and in every single one Basileion has become a huge power house. So I just wonder if this is something some of you also have encountered.

Cheers and keep up the good work with 1.2!

Default Re: Question about AI agents and Basileion Odryson

The AI has massive negatives to their agents, even more than the player.

Whatever local powers end up dominating in the later game is mostly random, although its usually playable factions from those areas.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Odrysian kingdom although starts with 1 settlement, is a very good faction to start with in my opinion. And they have very interesting roster, with access to armoured romphaia(2handed) sword users. They start well because they have access to good unit immediately (romphaia) and a lot of mercenaries in thracia, which are cheap fleur to their faction perk. This way you can unify thracia under your flag in the first turns.

Thrace is also a very wealthy province in terms of special goods (lead, silver, trained slaves). The extra income this generates probably gives them that edge that makes them do better than most.

Its a bit broken, I massacred AI, with half-stack army, against 2 factions (Tylis and discount Tylis, cant remember their name). Don't worry, team will rebalance it soon.

I have seen in multiple campaigns that the Odrysian's do dominate Greece within ~60 turns and, depending on how Macedon has done against the City-States, can either kill off Macedon and expand further to the west, eventually meeting Rome, or completely swallow the East until they reach the Seleucid's.

It's insane how strong they are! I like it though.

Well, hey, it was said of the Thracians that the only reason they didn't conquer the world was that they enjoyed fighting too much, and so never turned their attention outward because they could more easily fight each-other, right?

Hehe, in my ongoing campaign an interesting thing happened - the Odrysians expanded north, conquering all the way up to the Baltic - then the Bosphorans and a Rhodes-led Hellenic League declared war on them and pushed them out of Thrace entirely. Now they've only got a couple of regions in Suebia.

Yeah, the Odrysians seem a bit strong right now. In my Roma campaign knocked them to a single minor settlement and made them a client state after they eliminated my friends the Scordisi. Then they proceeded to take out Thyina, Macedon, Athens, Sparta, and are now working on Gatae while I've been in the midst of a 40 turns Punic War( btw is there an event to end that Punic wars or only to start it?)

During the AI turn I've seen Odrysian half stack defeating 1.5 Athenian armies- doesn't seem quite right. During manual battles they aren't nearly as hard to fight as some of the Celtic higher tier units so not sure what buffs they are getting in autoresolve.

Also- great work on DEI. I have to admit I uninstalled it with version 1.1 but with all the new CA updates I decided to try it out again and now it seems pretty well polished aside from a couple minor things. Far more interesting than the base game, thanks for all the work put into it.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    Well, hey, it was said of the Thracians that the only reason they didn't conquer the world was that they enjoyed fighting too much, and so never turned their attention outward because they could more easily fight each-other, right?
    Ιndeed. They were brutal dudes for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Yeah, the Odrysians seem a bit strong right now. In my Roma campaign knocked them to a single minor settlement and made them a client state after they eliminated my friends the Scordisi. Then they proceeded to take out Thyina, Macedon, Athens, Sparta, and are now working on Gatae while I've been in the midst of a 40 turns Punic War( btw is there an event to end that Punic wars or only to start it?)

During the AI turn I've seen Odrysian half stack defeating 1.5 Athenian armies- doesn't seem quite right. During manual battles they aren't nearly as hard to fight as some of the Celtic higher tier units so not sure what buffs they are getting in autoresolve.

Also- great work on DEI. I have to admit I uninstalled it with version 1.1 but with all the new CA updates I decided to try it out again and now it seems pretty well polished aside from a couple minor things. Far more interesting than the base game, thanks for all the work put into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Hehe, in my ongoing campaign an interesting thing happened - the Odrysians expanded north, conquering all the way up to the Baltic - then the Bosphorans and a Rhodes-led Hellenic League declared war on them and pushed them out of Thrace entirely. Now they've only got a couple of regions in Suebia.
    Τhey are one of the most expansionist and aggressive factions around, in all of my games.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 24, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Ιndeed. They were brutal dudes for sure.
    Τhey are one of the most expansionist and aggressive factions around, in all of my games.

Are there events to end the first Punic Wars? They were scripted to start but I've had some event messages that makes me wonder if I have to land armies in Africa or win several sea battles to get a scripted peace? I don't really mind fighting Carthage until the bitter end but I kind of want a peace so I can focus on Massalia which has most of Gaul and Hispania so I can follow Rome's historical expansion with at least a few Celts and Germans left to fight.

No, there's no scripted peace event. You can probably get a peace with Carthage if you ease off for a while and let relations build back up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Are there events to end the first Punic Wars? They were scripted to start but I've had some event messages that makes me wonder if I have to land armies in Africa or win several sea battles to get a scripted peace? I don't really mind fighting Carthage until the bitter end but I kind of want a peace so I can focus on Massalia which has most of Gaul and Hispania so I can follow Rome's historical expansion with at least a few Celts and Germans left to fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    No, there's no scripted peace event. You can probably get a peace with Carthage if you ease off for a while and let relations build back up a bit.
    There's no scripted event peace as Augustus already said, but you could use this submod to you liking.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 26, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah, you'll get peace when Carthage burns actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Yeah, you'll get peace when Carthage burns actually.
    Please don't support such actions. Global warming is real.