View Poll Results: The AI seems to have a problem in the current version with the high upkeep costs, leading to easy bankruptcy in wartime if they loose important regions or trade routes. What should be done ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • It does not seem to be a problem for me.

2 20.00%
  • Lower the unit upkeep costs back to normal (currently x2). Larger armies, easy to replenish in war.

4 40.00%
  • Lower the unit upkeep costs back to normal, and increase recruitment and replenishment cost to compensate. Larger armies, but harder to replenish in war.

4 40.00%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feedback and suggestions

saneel's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Feedback and suggestions

Tnx man

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

I have just uploaded an experimental version - with larger unit sizes.
    It is an experimental version, currently the stable one is 2.6.1. This is the changelog, the most important change being the unit sizes.

I took a lot of time making it, since I had to increase the size of every unit in the startpos, but now starting units will also have correct sizes.
    It's mostly a test, to see how the community will react. Personally I quite like it.

Basically consider that one unit currently represents two previously. So, twice as big, but twice as costly.
    That gives the feeling of 40 units battles with less micro-management.

2.6.2 Experimental - RELEASED :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Doubled unit sizes :

Both in the campaign and custom battles, unit sizes are doubled. At the same time, unit costs and upkeep are doubled. This is to make large battles feel larger, as basically now one unit acts as two did before.

- Greek language has been set to English :

A better placeholder than Russian.

- Greek Startpos has been edited :

You now have the choice between starting with only Morea, or with Morea and Greece.

- Fixed a bug making greek units recruitable outside of Greece :

For some reason Greek units were recruitable outside of Greece, but not in Greece. That bug has been resolved.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Hello, I am encountering 2 issues whilst playing as the Crimean Khanate, first is that I noticed that I am no longer making money despite in government tab I am not in the red, turn 32 and I conquered Ukraine, Moldova and Sofia (from Poland and Austria) and have 2 galleons in West Africa yet the government tab says I should be making 2000 a turn but I am getting a message that says bankruptcy imminent when I end turn. The second issue is that when the Ottomans attacked Transylvania, they lost it to rebels and when I click on the province or send an army to take it the game crashes. Wasn't too sure which tread to post this on but I thought this one would do. Hope you can help me, thanks.

I know that this is outside the scope of the mod, but will I ever see a version with a playable Two Sicilies?

We used to have Greek and Albanian troops, by the way.

This is a long shot on this thread but my suggestion one is simple but another is more complicated first is units: Nizam Guard, Nizam Militia, Nizam Grenadiers, Nizam Hand Mortar, Nizam Lancers, Nizam Carabineers, Horse Artillery 3/6/12 lbs, and backpacks for Nizam units if possible(may be a new sub mod called Nizam mod). The other is an overhaul of settlements every part of the map has a settlement with roads and towns

One thing the rocket tech in the full part is locked for the ottomans

Could you make longer artillery range ?

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

Don't you consider restricting elite unit recruitment little bit more? As an Italian state I can recruit 10 grenadiers and 10 guards regiments. I like how it's made at Empire total realism.Btw. Big thanks for this mod, Is the best overhaul mod. And I try probably every bigger mod for empire.

And one more suggestion. Maybe changing the name of the mode. It's definitely more that "just" ottoman overhaul mod. I never try this mode before only because you think it's only focused on ottoman empire.

And maybe try to promote the mod on reddit It definitely deserve attention.

P.S. Sorry for my English. I cant edit my posts i fix that mess i wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by pxfofo View Post
    Don't you consider restricting elite unit recruitment little bit more? As an Italian state I can recruit 10 grenadiers and 10 guards regiments. I like how it's made at Empire total realism.Btw. Big thanks for this mod, Is the best overhaul mod. And I try probably every bigger mod for empire.
    What kinds of changes would you be interested in? ^^
    I also wanted to make guards somewhat difficult to recruit, so I made them costly and slow to recruit.

And one more suggestion. Maybe changing the name of the mode. It's definitely more that "just" ottoman overhaul mod. I never try this mode before only because you think it's only focused on ottoman empire.
    I also considered that, actually a few years back ; because the current name is way too restrictive when you compare the mod with its actual content. I'll discuss it with my team !

If i remember correctly, in empire total realism you can recruit only 2 elite grenadiers regiments (prussia) . I like this very restricted approach.
    Same thing with trade ships. In Total realism mod you can have only 5 or 6 ships. Best solution will be maybe something like 3 trade ships per one commercial port.
    Trade is now very powerfull. As italian states iam in turn 30 and i have full stack of elite grenadiers and elite guard regiments. I dont even need to collect taxes. All just trade income.

And maybe increased cost of buildings would be fine too. Its very easy building new and repairing damaged buildings. I like when war has very costly consequences.

Higher units cost in this mod is great. I like this. After one big battle i must spend over 20 000 to replenish army War is now very expensive entertainment, like in reality

And maybe slowing down experience gaining for troops. After one big battle 3/4 of my army gain 4 ranks.

Thank you for the great feedback !!

I'll take your suggestions into account for the next update.
    - I decreased the value of commodities (to make trade ships less OP)
    - I increased the costs of grenadiers as well as their upkeep so that they're more in between elite and line infantry.
    - I added stricter build limits on elite units and grenadiers. However I didn't go as low as you can see in Empire : Realism. I prefer upkeep and cost to be the most important limiting factor.

Regarding buildings, I think I'll scale up the cost based on the level a bit more ; so that high level buildings are more expensive!

OK and big thaks for your effort
    Btw. are the new updates save game compatible?

OK and big thaks for your effort
    Btw. are the new updates save game compatible?
    Yes, fully compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Soap Mactavish View Post
    Could you make longer artillery range ?
    I did .

Quote Originally Posted by DOW234 View Post
    One thing the rocket tech in the full part is locked for the ottomans
    Let me check that, it might be a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by DOW234 View Post
    This is a long shot on this thread but my suggestion one is simple but another is more complicated first is units: Nizam Guard, Nizam Militia, Nizam Grenadiers, Nizam Hand Mortar, Nizam Lancers, Nizam Carabineers, Horse Artillery 3/6/12 lbs, and backpacks for Nizam units if possible(may be a new sub mod called Nizam mod). The other is an overhaul of settlements every part of the map has a settlement with roads and towns
    Actually, it'd be amazing to create a variety of Nizam units.
    Regarding Nizam Guards, actually Bostanci Janissaries survived the Nizam I Cedid reform and went on to remain an elite unit. So, they are quite accurate.

Nizam Grenadiers and Cavalry would be interesting though!

-

As for the map, it's rather difficult to edit the map. I prefer not to touch it too much to avoid stability issues!

Another thing. In my last battle i fight against some militia line infantry. They suffered great casualties. Only 67 soldiers remaining from 320. But they still keep fighting. That level of discipline/mental toughness is maybe too much for militia.

But overall the battles are great. Enemy tries to gain local superiority on one flank and if you dont have some reverse "emergency" forces to reinforce critical gaps you may actually loose.

Another thing. In my last battle i fight against some militia line infantry. They suffered great casualties. Only 67 soldiers remaining from 320. But they still keep fighting. That level of discipline/mental toughness is maybe too much for militia.

But overall the battles are great. Enemy tries to gain local superiority on one flank and if you dont have some reverse "emergency" forces to reinforce critical gaps you may actually loose.
    One of the main problems of the Empire : Total War AI is that it took too long to get into position, and that problem can't really be fixed. So, with high kill rates or low morale the AI actually often routed even before managing to do any damage . That's why after experimenting I have set the morale to very high levels.

However following your feedback I have now increased the morale penality from losses, especially the penality around the 50% losses mark in Release 2 of 2.7.1.

It should also be of note that at Hard or Very Hard, the AI gets major morale bonuses that I can't disable, so the AI will have an unnaturally high morale compared with your soldiers if you play at a high difficulty.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast