View Poll Results: The AI seems to have a problem in the current version with the high upkeep costs, leading to easy bankruptcy in wartime if they loose important regions or trade routes. What should be done ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • It does not seem to be a problem for me.

2 20.00%
  • Lower the unit upkeep costs back to normal (currently x2). Larger armies, easy to replenish in war.

4 40.00%
  • Lower the unit upkeep costs back to normal, and increase recruitment and replenishment cost to compensate. Larger armies, but harder to replenish in war.

4 40.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feedback and suggestions

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Re: Feedback and suggestions

Ottoman Total Overhaul version 2.6 is now up !
    It is a major update, here's the changelog.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Venice, Italian states and Denmark playable.

Venice, the Italian States and Demnark will now be playable with full victory conditions, no FOV issues, and a campaign description.

- Victory conditions added to Georgia, Morocco and Knights of St John :

Those factions now have victory conditions as any playable faction should.
    Their conditions are lower than those of major factions, since they are tougher to play as.

- More complete roster for Morocco, the Barbary States, and the Mamelukes :

Those factions lacked artillery, now they have access to some artillery units ; as well as to more regional units, especially cavalry and a few new infantry units.

- Improved Safavid gamemplay :

Added three technologies to the Safavid Dynasty :

Pre-researched :

- Safavid Feudalism :
    It represents the feudal system in the Safavid dynasty, and it's failures. The strenght of the ulema, as well as the many privileges the Qizilbash Turkmen society benefited. The ulema saw the Shahs as illegitimate rulers, and ethnic minorities envied the privileges given to the Qizilbash leading to internal conflits. In the meantime landowners, whom collected taxes kept most of what they collected for themselves and only gave a handful of the profit to the Shah causing economic problems.

All those conflicts would cause stability issues in the Safavid Dynasty and lead it to it's eventual fall in 1722.

To research :

- Aslahat Reforms : Fictious reforms that represents the modernization of the Safavid taxation system, as well as abolition of some privileges. Largely cancels the disadvantages of the Safavid Feudalism technology, but leads to a spike in unrest causing likely revolts.

- Aslahat Compromises : Represents compromises made to pacifiy the Safavid state after years of revolt.

- Buildings with industrialization maluses : are now worth building more. Indeed, other than the baseline growth related to the building improvement, every point in unhappiness adds +3 industry growth ; meaning therefore that the new updates are really worth building, and industrializing to the cost of popular happiness is now truly worth doing.

- Removed industry bonuses from common buildings, and enhanced those from industrial buildings : Having a developped industry is now a more important advantage and industralized regions will be more important, non-industrialized ones less important.

- Better morale system : Morale of the units is stronger if uphill, stronger if the flanks are covered, stronger if the general is present. Forts are less advantageous. Army destruction no longer highly penalizes morale, not from a realism standpoint but as an experimentation. That way, the ennemy army has time to rout before the end of the battle, and takes less casualties.

- Government buildings overhauled
    : They are more important, have larger bonuses. However, they are significantly more costly to upgrade, and are to be seen like a "city level" upgrade like in Medieval : Total War.

- Improved historical accuracy of names : Especially of Ottoman troops.

- JAM's Cohesion system : The most interesting and challenging fatigue-replacing system in Empire : Total War, thanks to the awesome work of JaM and DaVinci (full credits to them).

Description by JaM :
    Former Fatigue was renamed to Cohesion (while fatigue descriptions were also kept) and now represents the state of units, how well they can respond to commands of their officers. Cohesion impacts the unit accuracy,movement speed, melee combat and morale, so its very important to keep Cohesion high so unit fight effectively. There are several ways how you can lose cohesion in ER.

Movement automatically reduce unit cohesion, as moving longer distances in line formation was very problematic and usually ended up with disorder if unit was forced to march too far in such formation. Musket fire is another way how to lose cohesion. Each volley reduces cohesion significantly, so normal trained men are usually only able to fire about 3 salvos until they get disordered by its effect. This is the main reason why no unit was able to keep using its fire drill for long time, as usually after first initial shots in combat, soldiers tended to fire their weapons out of order. Officers were unable to control it, because of all the noise and smoke produced by musket fire.Continuous musket fire also reduces accuracy, due to smoke which obscures the view, and overall disorder, where soldiers fired shots without aiming into the smoke. Therefore, its beneficial to check the unit status during firefight, and stop units from depleting their ammo without any significant effect.

Melee. Close combat was always bloody thing, as infantry didn't had any armor or any means to effectively protect themselves against thrusting bayonets. Any melee combat caused complete disorder of the unit almost instantly, which most of the time resulted in unit with weaker morale to withdraw before enemy reached them. Anyway if two units met in close combat, you can count on both being immediately disordered, which makes them vulnerable to counter-charges done by fresh units in reserve. Melee combat is always vicious, with huge casualties, but usually its very short and decisive. This was the main reason why bayonet charge become praised by all generals as the most effective tactics, even though musketry was responsible for much more dead than close combat,anyway that was more result of a fear being caught in close combat and killed which caused men to rout and run instead of facing enemy with bayonets.

Cohesion system applies also to cavalry practically the same way as it applies to infantry, but it has much more importance. Cohesion is the most important thing for cavalry. Their charge depends on it. Cavalry charging in close ranks with good cohesion is unstoppable, while disordered cavalry would get always repelled. Movement speed greatly affect cavalry cohesion, faster it moves, faster it lose the cohesion. if you order your cavalry to gallop across the battlefield to engage the enemy at the other side of the battlefield, your unit will get there faster,but completely disordered, which will make their charge ineffective (disordered units get 100% charge penalty), and their melee weak (disordered units have 50% melee penalty). Therefore, you need to plan the approach of your cavalry carefully, to avoid the ground that can be covered by enemy artillery while your cavalry is moving forward into position. Only when you are at distance slightly greater than musket range you should order them to do a charge, so they will do it with best results. Once you see your cavalry is getting disorganized, its better to withdraw them and charge with another squadron instead of keeping them in contact.

I'll be waiting for feedback as to balancing.
    There are no longer different morale settings, but a single one, making the mod easier to install, and the BAI programmed for that precise morale setting, making the Battle AI much more challenging !
    Last edited by Goutlard; April 30, 2017 at 02:31 PM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Do you mean 2.6? And by the way, I'm getting an error from download site.

You are right, fixed the typo.
    It seems that Mod DB had server issues, but the download link works for me currently.

Thank you.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Goutlard could you please include in your mod and the rest greek units from the greek mod?
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Goutlard could you please include in your mod and the rest greek units from the greek mod?
    The Gamefront download link for The Greek Mod is currently dead, actually, which is why I had to work the Greek faction from other models.

Currently, I have added :

Cavalry :
    Heavy Ippeis
    Light Ippeis
    Turkopoloi
    Anatolian Horsemen

Infantry :
    Evzones Musketeers (Elite)
    Greek Musketeers
    Evzones Swordsmen (Will be boosted in the next update)
    Greek Swordsmen
    Zeibeks
    Acrobolistes
    Orofilakes
    Greek Marines
    Greek Marine Grenadiers

AOR Units :
    If Greece chooses to expand towards Europe, to Austria and Italy for example, it has access to european-style units.
    If it expands towards the middle east, to form a new Byzantine Empire, it has access to middle-eastern style units.

However, I'm not satisfied with the current Greek models, since they are not historically accurate.
    I consider replacing the current models and adding new units with those :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...use-by-modders
    Last edited by Goutlard; May 03, 2017 at 06:33 AM.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

This is a great mod Goutlard, I had a play on this the other week, you can tell alot of hard work has gone into this, kudos mate, quite a unique mod I think, great job dude

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    This is a great mod Goutlard, I had a play on this the other week, you can tell alot of hard work has gone into this, kudos mate, quite a unique mod I think, great job dude
    Thank you . Anything you would like to see improved, or suggestions on balancing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    The Gamefront download link for The Greek Mod is currently dead, actually, which is why I had to work the Greek faction from other models.

Currently, I have added :

Cavalry :
    Heavy Ippeis
    Light Ippeis
    Turkopoloi
    Anatolian Horsemen

Infantry :
    Evzones Musketeers (Elite)
    Greek Musketeers
    Evzones Swordsmen (Will be boosted in the next update)
    Greek Swordsmen
    Zeibeks
    Acrobolistes
    Orofilakes
    Greek Marines
    Greek Marine Grenadiers

AOR Units :
    If Greece chooses to expand towards Europe, to Austria and Italy for example, it has access to european-style units.
    If it expands towards the middle east, to form a new Byzantine Empire, it has access to middle-eastern style units.

However, I'm not satisfied with the current Greek models, since they are not historically accurate.
    I consider replacing the current models and adding new units with those :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...use-by-modders
    Here is the greek mod, i uploaded to my drive, hope you will find units to include on your mod:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cgo3zw...btk/Hellas.rar
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Here is the greek mod, i uploaded to my drive, hope you will find units to include on your mod:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cgo3zw...btk/Hellas.rar
    In case you didn't know, but I already have permission from husserlTW to mirror his modding work here. I also have permission from DARTH VADER to mirror his modding work as well.

Should you find any mod from either DARTH VADER or husserlTW, which cannot be found on TAL then let me know so I can upload those missing mods on TAL.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Nice wp Leonardo

Nice wp Leonardo
    Thanks.

Have just downloaded this mod and I will try it soon.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I am back for a few weeks from holiday.
    I don't have the time to do much work today, but I'll make a minor submod for those who want it.
    It will be centered about religion.

Altough religious wars were very rare, and religious unrest uncommon in the 18th Century (especially in the Ottoman Empire) I want to experiment with a mod that increases it, as well as makes conversion faster.

Goutlard, Im notr sure why, but the infantry walking animations are a little bugged here, they keep changing the way they hold the musket (like marching and running) while they are walking... would you know what is causing that?

Quote Originally Posted by 007Jua007 View Post
    Goutlard, Im notr sure why, but the infantry walking animations are a little bugged here, they keep changing the way they hold the musket (like marching and running) while they are walking... would you know what is causing that?
    Do you have any other mods installed ? Maybe a conflict of animations between two mods can cause that ?
    Because that is rather odd :o ; and I've never experienced such an issue.

Is there an unit in particular that experiences that issue ?

yeah, its weird, it happens basically with all European line infantry... Also, i forgot to mention, the skins from some hats of the AUM are also messed up, the hats are getting skins from faces.. (so it looks like the hats are made from human flesh),
    The smoke from the guns.. there is a lot of muzzle flash from the guns being fired, not sure its also a bug here or it was supposed to be like that..

I wonder, is it because I am playing on a 64bit system? your computer, is it 64 or 32? and do you have the steam version?
    It might be that our versions are somehow incompatible and the game is not finding the paths to the textures/animations..

Rly sad, your mod seems so good
    Last edited by 007Jua007; June 22, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

Then maybe there is an incompatibility with the current AUM Ottoman Total Overhaul and the last update.
    I would like to help but I'm not at home on my computer on which I modded right now. Maybe if you disabled AUM the issue would be solved ?

My computer is also a 64 bit system, and I play on the steam version.
    Verifying the integrity of the game cache may be a good solution, since.. Those issues you have sound really strange !

As for the muzzleflash, that was intended to combine with the new sound effects, to make the gun firing effect more similar to Shogun II Total War. I may tone it down in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Do you have any other mods installed ? Maybe a conflict of animations between two mods can cause that ?
    Because that is rather odd :o ; and I've never experienced such an issue.

Is there an unit in particular that experiences that issue ?
    Personally, I don't think that kind of an issue is mod related though, instead I think it might be similar to the cavalry animation issue that Alwyn (also read my response to Alwyn in the next post) also have notice in-game.

Which only CA can fix via a new game patch, but somehow I don't see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Personally, I don't think that kind of an issue is mod related though, instead I think it might be similar to the cavalry animation issue that Alwyn (also read my response to Alwyn in the next post) also have notice in-game.

Which only CA can fix via a new game patch, but somehow I don't see that happen.
    I see, but do you know what files I can remove from the mod to go back to the vanilla animations? because Im almost sure that OTO changes some infantry animations, and this somehow is conflicting with the Empire here... possibly because of an original Empire bug, but that is being triggered by OTO animations..

Quote Originally Posted by 007Jua007 View Post
    I see, but do you know what files I can remove from the mod to go back to the vanilla animations? because Im almost sure that OTO changes some infantry animations, and this somehow is conflicting with the Empire here... possibly because of an original Empire bug, but that is being triggered by OTO animations..
    I don't think you need to remove any file, just zoom in to avoid having a glitched animation. Of course I could be wrong.

Btw... Have you enabled the graphics vertical synchronization setting in ETW?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast