Thread: 'Faster battles, fewer stacks' for RS 3.0

Default 'Faster battles, fewer stacks' for RS 3.0

Hello all, I'm starting a new thread since I couldn't find the answer in an existing one. So my question is this: is there any version of the 'faster battles, fewer stacks' submod for RS 3.0? I haven't had any luck using the existing EDUs from 'important stuff' folder, they seem to crash the game at startup, at least all the alternative EDUs I tried for Roman 0-turn campaign. Would be really great if there could be files working for RS 3.0, it's such an awesome mod but it's a known issue for many - battles dragging on for 30-40 mins and enemy AI stack after stack appearing. What's actually more annoying for me is the insane amount of cash I produce as Rome in early game (after defeating Hannibal and beating the Italic rebellion). I can easily produce up to 5-6 stacks of elite infantry (I always try to have historical army composition as much as possible) and still have my building queues maxed out in every settlement. Of course I'm aware this is RS so if I expand too much too quickly, I'll have trouble. Now, many would think players like me should play 1-turn, no such problems there. IMO a lot of players would still enjoy playing 0-turn campaigns, just the overall stacks reduced to, let's say 2/3 of what they are now and maybe half the battle time, making multiple stack vs stack battles much more fun and not so tedious. In essence, what I ask for has already been done for RS 2.6 with the various EDUs, but they don't seem to work anymore for RS 3.0. So if anyone knows how to make new ones, or just how to fix the old ones, that would be a godsend. Don't get me wrong, RS is great as it is. However it could be even greater for some players with 'Faster battles, fewer stacks' submod for RS 3.0. Thank you, RS team and community!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 'Faster battles, fewer stacks' for RS 3.0

You could try Higher Lethality, it does not give you fewer stacks but it should give shorter battles....and your game does not crash like it does with fewer stacks........
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thanks loads, mate, trying it now

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    Thanks loads, mate, trying it now
    You're welcome, by the way you have installed the 3.1 submod I assume?
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Hmm, I am not sure. Is this the official 3.1 patch from dvk? If so, since it's not new, I probably installed it. (It has been some time since I played RS so I don't remember if I patched RS 3.0. I'm absolutely sure I have RS 3.0, though. Maybe it won't hurt to reinstall the 3.1 patch anyway. It says it deals with game-breaking issues, which I haven't had. Do you know by any chance if this patch is savegame compatible?

P.S. I've tried the 'Higher lethality' EDU and it works like a charm! No more endless battles. Thank you a lot again, kind sir!