Thread: French Ship's Crew -- La Marine Française: First Installment of Naval Overhaul

Icon14 French Ship's Crew -- La Marine Française: First Installment of Naval Overhaul

Announcing the release of the first installment of a series of naval mods, that will make naval warfare more tactical and historically accurate, and will provide authentic and individualized looks to the different factions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Infanterie_de_marine.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	574.3 KB 
ID:	343059
    This part is called La Marine Française - the French navy! It replaces the French faction ship's crew, from generic vanilla version to new, carefully researched and historically accurate units. The units are:

- admiral (amiral)
    - captain (capitaine de vaisseau et de frégate, 2 variations each: grande et petite tenue)
    - officer (officier, 4 variations of lieutenant)
    - marine (infanterie de marine)
    - seaman (matelot)
    - gunner (canonnier)

More screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Name:	Amiral2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	632.6 KB 
ID:	343060

Name:	Capitaine_de_fregate.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	695.4 KB 
ID:	343061

Name:	Capitaine_de_vaisseau.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	658.8 KB 
ID:	343062

Name:	Officier_et_matelot.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	530.4 KB 
ID:	343063

Name:	Officiers_et_canonniers.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	588.6 KB 
ID:	343064

This is a follow-up of (and is based on) Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's and Ahiga's wonderful England Expects mod, which deals with the British ship's crew and which I recommend to be used in conjunction with mine.

The files are available for download on ModDB: La Marine Française

Installation:

Without Darthmod:

Place the file "Marine_Francaise.pack" in the data directory (usually: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Napoleon Total War/data/"), then add this line to your user.script (at the top):

mod "mod_caesar_british_naval.pack";

With DarthMod - will explain on request.

Next up in the series will be the Spanish navy crews, possibly Dutch, and changes in the different ship's names, sailing characteristics, guns and more. Stay tuned!

Default Spanish Ship's Crew -- Armada Española: Second Installment of Naval Overhaul

The historical Spanish Navy is here! Feast your eyes on these splendid and historically accurate naval crew units, i.e., admiral, captain, lieutenant, marine, sailor (able seaman) and gunner.

Name:	Captain_marines.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	938.4 KB 
ID:	343222 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Admiral_marines.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	343221 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Officer.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	976.4 KB 
ID:	343219 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sailors_marines.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	775.4 KB 
ID:	343220

This also fixes the telescope bug (captain had a telescope animation but no actual telescope in his hands):

Name:	Captain_telescope.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	972.1 KB 
ID:	343218

Available for download from ModDB: Armada Española

The installation is the same as La Marine Française (see the first post of this thread). For a DarthMod version, contact me directly.

Next up in the series: I will provide an overhaul of ship names/classes, their sailing (to make it more tactical and realistic), guns/firepower, individualized statistics for different factions, and some actual historical ships available for recruitment for a few factions. If there is interest (let me know) I may also do the Dutch ship's crew.

Any feedback is also very much appreciated. Enjoy!

Default Re: Spanish Ship's Crew -- Armada Española: Second Installment of Naval Overhaul

Nice, looking very good !

Thank you !

Seems to be a while for ETW/NTW 2...

+rep

Default Re: French Ship's Crew -- La Marine Française: First Installment of Naval Overhaul

they looks very good!

it will work all togheter? can i play with all factcions mod (Armada Española, la marine française and england expects) at the same time?

sorry the bad english...

Default Re: French Ship's Crew -- La Marine Française: First Installment of Naval Overhaul

Great work! I really like these.

Any news on a possibly Dutch navy crew update?

Cheers!

Civis

How to install with Darth? Thanks

Brilliant looking, thank you.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Excellent work, looking forward to the Dutch sailors

Very nice work! Improving naval armies

Cool mod. Will this work the Masters of Europe mod?

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Excellent Spaniards - very well done +Rep.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Great looking mods, have been trying to get the French and Spanish crews working with Darthmod, Can you please explain how to do this.

Best regards

The ModDB page now has a link with the DarthMod files, and instructions on how to implement them in your installation. In addition to the UK, French and Spanish crews, it also has small tweaks to the sailing properties of different ships (faster sailing frigates, slower ships of the line), different cannon ranges, and the different crew quality depending on nation.