Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

Default Re: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

Awesome!
    Thanks for this already repped u ;P

Hi Benjin,
    I am playing as Rome and received the event scene for the Polybian Reforms at turn 35 which i think DEI set as a minimum of 40 for them to take effect which is fine, however, i have changed the reform dates myself as i play with a a 12 TPY mod, so obviously the event scenes do not now correspond correctly with my reform changes. Looking at PFM is it just a matter of adjusting the "VALUE" figure in the end column of "moviemod_events_incident_option_junction" or is there anything else i need to change?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierWolf View Post
    Hi Benjin,
    I am playing as Rome and received the event scene for the Polybian Reforms at turn 35 which i think DEI set as a minimum of 40 for them to take effect which is fine, however, i have changed the reform dates myself as i play with a a 12 TPY mod, so obviously the event scenes do not now correspond correctly with my reform changes. Looking at PFM is it just a matter of adjusting the "VALUE" figure in the end column of "moviemod_events_incident_option_junction" or is there anything else i need to change?
    Yep, you're right - it's just a matter of changing the value of the last column inside that db file to the turn number you want them to trigger on (the reward (e.g. MOVIE_EVENT) is given to you on the start of the next turn - so if you want the movie to play on turn 36 you must set turn 35 as the FIRST_ROUND generator). I decided to have the movie initiate 4 turns before the actual reforms occur as a way to inform the player that they'll be available in a year's time on 4TPY (hence the "Impending Reforms" title). However, you can put them wherever you desire by changing the values.

Two things I discovered today while messing around with the mod:
    1. Movies can play instantly upon success of an objective. So, following the chapter objectives, it is possible to make a movie play after each chapter (primary or secondary) is completed (like in the Total War: ATTILA grand campaign - one of the Seven Seal videos plays out after a chapter ends). New ending movies for potentially each faction could be played after the last objective is completed.
    2. Movies can play instantly upon success of a mission. So, this makes it possible to reward the player with a movie following a mission's success or failure (e.g. Briton - Recruit Champion, Rome - Capture Settlement, Rome - Liberate Roma, Egypt - Assassinate (Male) Character etc).
    3. It is possible to give movies new subtitles by referring to how many scripts a movie file references and what exact time codes those referred texts should display at.
    Last edited by Benjin; March 27, 2018 at 05:09 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Yep, you're right - it's just a matter of changing the value of the last column inside that db file to the turn number you want them to trigger on (the reward (e.g. MOVIE_EVENT) is given to you on the start of the next turn - so if you want the movie to play on turn 36 you must set turn 35 as the FIRST_ROUND generator). I decided to have the movie initiate 4 turns before the actual reforms occur as a way to inform the player that they'll be available in a year's time on 4TPY (hence the "Impending Reforms" title). However, you can put them wherever you desire by changing the values.

Two things I discovered today while messing around with the mod:
    1. Movies can play instantly upon success of an objective. So, following the chapter objectives, it is possible to make a movie play after each chapter (primary or secondary) is completed (like in the Total War: ATTILA grand campaign - one of the Seven Seal videos plays out after a chapter ends). New ending movies for potentially each faction could be played after the last objective is completed.
    2. Movies can play instantly upon success of a mission. So, this makes it possible to reward the player with a movie following a mission's success or failure (e.g. Briton - Recruit Champion, Rome - Capture Settlement, Rome - Liberate Roma, Egypt - Assassinate (Male) Character etc).
    3. It is possible to give movies new subtitles by referring to how many scripts a movie file references and what exact time codes those referred texts should display at.

Great stuff, thanks for the help and keep up the good work.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

Hi!
    thank you.......great work!!!

mfg Lupo!

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Unfortunately, I can't make the audio file to work in the game.
    When I am out of the game (Alt + Tab), it works when I press CTRL + 1, but in the game not..

This mod will need an update when the new patch comes so don't worry much for now.

Quote Originally Posted by suras333 View Post
    When I am out of the game (Alt + Tab), it works when I press CTRL + 1, but in the game not..
    You should always open EXP Soundboard 0.5 when play DEI.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by suras333 View Post
    Just to confirm: you have EXP Soundboard running, but when your game is opened - with the soundboard still running in the background - you can't get it to play a sound with one of the hotkeys?
    Last edited by Benjin; March 07, 2018 at 09:14 AM.

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Yes Benjin. It works only if I quit the game.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hmm, I'm sorry but I really don't know how to fix that - it should work while the game is open. I tried searching for a fix and found a thread with someone else encountering the same thing for a different game. Unfortunately, it offered no solutions.

If you can find a fix or an alternative to playing the sounds, please let us know!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Perhaps it matters whether they play in fullscreen or just borderless/windowed? Just guessing random stuff.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Perhaps it matters whether they play in fullscreen or just borderless/windowed? Just guessing random stuff.
    Αctually that's quite possible.

Is this compatible with the new update?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, wait for Benjin to update the campaign script.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Not yet - I was going to update it after Desert Kingdoms but then the next campaign pack was announced, so I decided to wait. Unfortunately, it's now been three months - hopefully something will happen soon.

Also, I think Caligula found a way to make the soundboard play automatically without the user having to press a hotkey to trigger audio themselves. If possible, I'd definitely want to try and do that for the next update + my future cinematics, as I hate having to force the average user to do that.
    Last edited by Benjin; June 19, 2018 at 08:00 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Not yet - I was going to update it after Desert Kingdoms but then the next campaign pack was announced + released, so I decided to wait. Unfortunately, it's now been three months - hopefully something will happen soon.

Also, I think Caligula found a way to make the soundboard play automatically without the user having to press a hotkey to trigger audio themselves. If possible, I'd definitely want to try and do that for the next update + my future cinematics, as I hate having to force the average user to do that.
    Haha nup I wish, I came up with an idea on how to do it but since I'm not a scripter I've got no idea whether it'd work.
    That said, Causeless from the Ancient Empires team has figured out how to edit audio for Attila. Its unlikely, but perhaps he's also figured out how to import new sound that you could link to your event?

My idea was to have a script within the pack file which creates a log when the event fires, and then a second script on your desktop reads the log that is created, and triggers the soundboard itself.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Damn, oh well then. My scripting skills are also rather limited, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to implement the idea you had myself. I could get in contact with a few programmer friends I knew at university for help.

I've got a feeling that Causeless may have just found out a way to replace existing audio (which is still awesome, especially for Attila - I tried to do the same thing a year ago and failed), but not actually add new triggers for new audio. I could be wrong though - I'll contact him.
    Last edited by Benjin; June 20, 2018 at 06:09 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post

My idea was to have a script within the pack file which creates a log when the event fires, and then a second script on your desktop reads the log that is created, and triggers the soundboard itself.
    I think that's possible. Good idea buddy.

i think movie event mod needs to update for new update.

unique city description function will disable when i active this mod.

anyway much appreciate of your hard work!