Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

Default Re: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

I bet it's not dead, but it's in being in a coma for quite some time now.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    I bet it's not dead, but it's in being in a coma for quite some time now.
    An adrenaline shot could be useful.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Too bad defibrillators didn't exist in antiquity.

any news on this one?

Bummer, i was looking forward to this. Ah well, hope Benjin gets well soon.

Benjin is back:

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

Looks good! Looking forward to the DEI version!

HURRAY

Finally ! fantastic news indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Polemaios View Post
    Benjin is back:

Swell. Thanks for letting us know.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay.

I have almost finished the DeI version of this mod for the first release - it includes (as requested) an optional pack file of Malay's intro videos in their original format (fewer ugly compression artifacts, but takes longer to download), reform movie events while playing the campaign and a re-worked soundboard to be more distributable with permission from its makers to include inside the audio files (i.e. you just download one package, extract it anywhere, start up the .exe, start the game and press the hotkey - no need to fiddle around manually adding sound files to each hotkey anymore or separately download the soundboard app to load the soundboard audio files etc). Yes, ideally I would like audio to play automatically ingame like all the other movies do or through some kind of third-party application which doesn't require input from the user, but I just don't think it's possible (thanks Wwise).

However, I have run into a problem. For some reason, the reform incidents will not trigger on the turns I want them to trigger on (I've set them to turns 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 just for testing, but they won't start up - not even the event messages, which leads me to believe that it's something to do with the incidents themselves and not the videos) and the title + description text for the "Hannibal Crosses the Alps!" / wonder captured videos won't show up (these events won't be in the first release - they're just there for testing purposes until I've got a script which can spawn the Carthaginian armies I need for the HatG campaign and made my own wonder videos).

I was wondering if someone capable of using the PFM could see what I've done wrong inside the pack files? I bet it's something simple and maybe I'll discover it myself, but I've been messing around with them for hours and still haven't found out what it is. Once this has been dealt with, I'll immediately release the finished files here on TWC.

DB Pack
    *snip*

Event Movie Pack (only includes the movie files for events, not intros - needs to be loaded along with the DB files, otherwise it won't find the binked movie files to play)
    *snip*

Version of DeI I'm working for (atm) is 1.2.2g
    Last edited by Benjin; February 21, 2018 at 02:07 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Glad you're back mr.Benjin!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the long delay.

I have almost finished the DeI version of this mod for the first release - it includes (as requested) an optional pack file of Malay's intro videos in their original format (fewer ugly compression artifacts, but takes longer to download), reform movie events while playing the campaign and a re-worked soundboard to be more distributable with permission from its makers to include inside the audio files (i.e. you just download one package, extract it anywhere, start up the .exe, start the game and press the hotkey - no need to fiddle around manually adding sound files to each hotkey anymore or separately download the soundboard app to load the soundboard audio files etc). Yes, ideally I would like audio to play automatically ingame like all the other movies do or through some kind of third-party application which doesn't require input from the user, but I just don't think it's possible (thanks Wwise).

However, I have run into a problem. For some reason, the reform incidents will not trigger on the turns I want them to trigger on (I've set them to turns 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 just for testing, but they won't start up - not even the event messages, which leads me to believe that it's something to do with the incidents themselves and not the videos) and the title + description text for the "Hannibal Crosses the Alps!" / wonder captured videos won't show up (these events won't be in the first release - they're just there for testing purposes until I've got a script which can spawn the Carthaginian armies I need for the HatG campaign and made my own wonder videos).

I was wondering if someone capable of using the PFM could see what I've done wrong inside the pack files? I bet it's something simple and maybe I'll discover it myself, but I've been messing around with them for hours and still haven't found out what it is. Once this has been dealt with, I'll immediately release the finished files here on TWC.

DB Pack
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=17o...Kr-46tfWdKi7g3

Event Movie Pack (only includes the movie files for events, not intros - needs to be loaded along with the DB files, otherwise it won't find the binked movie files to play)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f1...KF9-V8YYWoSHlv

Version of DeI I'm working for (atm) is 1.2.2g
    I'll take a look later today but I'm not sure if I could find the ''error''. I'll let you know though.
    @Don Diego or @Ritter could help you more with their artistic powers.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I'll take a look later today but I'm not sure if I could find the ''error''. I'll let you know though.
    @Don Diego or @Ritter could help you more with their artistic powers.
    Okay, thanks man. I'll take another look at it today and see what's wrong with it after I've done some other work.

Okay, thanks man. I'll take another look at it today and see what's wrong with it after I've done some other work.
    No problem buddy. Can't wait for your icons pack for DEI as well.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    No problem buddy. Can't wait for your icons pack for DEI as well.
    I'll definitely get around to doing that once it's finished for vanilla (i.e. Empire Divided... and now for Desert Kingdoms... sigh)!

I've also been working on something else which I think everyone - vanilla and DeI users - will appreciate as well. More info + screenshots will come later on a separate thread.

I'll definitely get around to doing that once it's finished for vanilla (i.e. Empire Divided... and now for Desert Kingdoms... sigh)!

I've also been working on something else which I think everyone - vanilla and DeI users - will appreciate as well. More info + screenshots will come later on a separate thread.
    You have our attention buddy.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I can't say anything about those specific db tables (cdr, incidents, movies ecc., i've never edited them), but i can say that it seems there is no script into your file.
    You put the "scripting lua" table too, but it has nothing changed inside, as far as i've checked.
    I'm not a master scripter (i do have just some basics), but I think that it would be actually better to put the script into "lua script">"grand campaign" after the db tables.
    I'm not sure if the insertion of a new new script into "scripting lua" would be triggered or not, check the callbacks at the end of the page, I do think that "scripting lua" needs info from other script tables, the ones into "lua script".
    MAYBE.