Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

It's Looking amazing mate. Keep it up.
    I don't have special scripting skills, just small things.
    You could ask Dresden's help though, if he isn't too busy right now. His skills are over the top.

Scripting is probably my least experienced area although I know enough to do small features and fix things. If its based on event messages you could use the existing message system that comes from reform messages.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

The current system I've got for the DeI reform videos are event payloads which reward the player with a MOVIE_EVENT (along with the ID of the movie I want to play, like "MOVIE_EVENT[1100]" to play the Polybian reform video) and an incident to trigger that payload.

I'm not sure if I can use the existing event messages (maybe I can, not sure yet), but I will take a look later tomorrow when I have time again.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Default Re: [REQUEST] Event Cutscenes

OMG can't wait to play DEI with this!! Fantastic work, congrats on this awesome mod

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    The current system I've got for the DeI reform videos are event payloads which reward the player with a MOVIE_EVENT (along with the ID of the movie I want to play, like "MOVIE_EVENT[1100]" to play the Polybian reform video) and an incident to trigger that payload.

I'm not sure if I can use the existing event messages (maybe I can, not sure yet), but I will take a look later tomorrow when I have time again.
    Still haven't finished?
    Last edited by HuoShan; June 24, 2017 at 07:30 PM.

Foederatus

Some news of this fantastic project?

Yeah, it's been a while!

Benjin, terrific work! Thank you very much, looking forward to your work.

By the way, which GEM FX or graphical enhancer are you using?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Sorry about the wait, I was working a job consuming most of my time for two months which has now finished.

Going to (hopefully) finish this version for DeI during the weekend. If not then, it'll be some time early next week.

Once that's done, I'm going to start making my own cutscenes using Unreal Engine 4 plus a mixture of CA's ROME II assets + some of my own (environments, props, new character heads / clothes / weapons etc... which could be used in mods if converted). I'll do whatever I feel is likely to be seen by the player and/or inspires me, really.
    Last edited by Benjin; August 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM.

Oh finishing this by the end of this week-ealy of the next are great neeeews!

Sorry about the wait, I was working a job consuming most of my time for two months which has now finished.

Going to (hopefully) finish this version for DeI during the weekend. If not then, it'll be some time early next week.

Once that's done, I'm going to start making my own cutscenes using Unreal Engine 4 plus a mixture of CA's ROME II assets + some of my own (environments, props, new character heads / clothes / weapons etc... which could be used in mods if converted). I'll do whatever I feel is likely to be seen by the player and/or inspires me, really.
    Great news!Finally!Wait for the DEI version so far.

Im really hyped for this one!!

Hopefully release the submod tonight.Haha!

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Can anyone with scripting knowledge explain the difference between the command "register_movies(#)" - which I have used to register intro movies - and the two other commands "register_instant_movie(#)" and "play_movie_in_ui(#)"? Also, is it even possible to do a unique outro (ending) movie to a faction? I can't see anything in the scripts or tables relating to the ending binked (.bik) movies. Reason for this is I wanted to do a unique ending movie for Caesar in Gaul's Rome faction.

@HuoShan Sorry, but nope, not tonight. Maybe not even tomorrow. But it will be up this week.
    Last edited by Benjin; August 21, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Can anyone with scripting knowledge explain the difference between the command "register_movies(#)" - which I have used to register intro movies - and the two other commands "register_instant_movie(#)" and "play_movie_in_ui(#)"? Also, is it even possible to do a unique outro (ending) movie to a faction? I can't see anything in the scripts or tables relating to the ending binked (.bik) movies. Reason for this is I wanted to do a unique ending movie for Caesar in Gaul's Rome faction.

@HuoShan Sorry, but nope, not tonight. Maybe not even tomorrow. But it will be up this week.
    Really?THX your effort and wait for the fantastic weekend.

@Benjin - Hey bro! what happened to this? still alive? you mentioned you were about to release about 2 weeks ago but it never got released. Why?

Foederatus

I'm worried about the lack of news. I hope the user is well.

Quote Originally Posted by ASIER View Post
    I'm worried about the lack of news. I hope the user is well.
    I presume he is ok as he has sunk over 100 hrs on Skyrim in the last 2 weeks, judging by his Steam account. Maybe he is taking a break?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierWolf View Post
    I presume he is ok as he has sunk over 100 hrs on Skyrim in the last 2 weeks, judging by his Steam account. Maybe he is taking a break?
    Uffff...I had not thought to watch his activity in steam xD

RIP