Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [WIP] Movie Event Mod

Well, since you managed to implement videos in, I guess you can do anything in the form of events or whatever. Do you have the tools to pull it off? Do you have a narrator as well?

This would definitely give A LOT more character to the factions... Heh, I'd be ok with just the original rtw intros I find on youtube, but it looks like you can go even further.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

I have the tools (except for my own motion capture equipment - I'll just have to animate each custom animation one key frame at a time, or borrow / hire out a friend's motion capture equipment...) and the knowledge - what I lack is time at the moment. I don't need a voice actor for the narrator yet - I'd at least like all of the dialogue written up first, and maybe finish a few videos, and then decide what kind of voice I'd want.

I could do a mod which used the original Rome: Total War intros, but... I'd say that'd be a bit lazy, and wouldn't really fit with the look of the rest of the game? Maybe versions remade with Rome II visuals, but keep the audio intact would be better? Either way, I'd like to eventually do some of my own videos to maintain the integrity of the vanilla's aesthetic.
    Last edited by Benjin; February 28, 2017 at 11:39 AM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Well, since you managed to implement videos in, I guess you can do anything in the form of events or whatever. Do you have the tools to pull it off? Do you have a narrator as well?

This would definitely give A LOT more character to the factions... Heh, I'd be ok with just the original rtw intros I find on youtube, but it looks like you can go even further.
    Are you Hyped about this ???

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    I have the tools (except for my own motion capture equipment, but I'm sure I could borrow a friend's...) and the knowledge - what I lack is time at the moment. I don't need a voice actor for the narrator yet - I'd like all of the dialogue written up and the videos themselves finished first then decide what kind of voice I'd want.

I could do a mod which used the original Rome: Total War intros, but... I'd say that'd be a bit lazy, and wouldn't really fit with the look of the rest of the game? Maybe versions remade with Rome II visuals, but keep the audio intact would be better? Either way, I'd like to eventually do some of my own videos to maintain the integrity of the vanilla's aesthetic.
    We're with you mate...
    Keep up the good work
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2017 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Are you Hyped about this ???
    I'm done being hyped about Rome 2. Uncreative aSHAMEbly made sure of that.

Benjin seems to have the tools to bring something missing to Rome 2. It's people like that fans should thank, not some other losers I'm aware of...

I have the tools (except for my own motion capture equipment - I'll just have to animate each custom animation one key frame at a time, or borrow / hire out a friend's motion capture equipment...) and the knowledge - what I lack is time at the moment. I don't need a voice actor for the narrator yet - I'd at least like all of the dialogue written up first, and maybe finish a few videos, and then decide what kind of voice I'd want.

As Greek Strategos said, we'll back you up any way we can.

How is this coming along?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

There has been some progress made in my free time - I'm waiting for a few more videos to be done before I show anything.

But the good news is that my time at university officially ended today - submitted my last few assignments. So, I can now dedicate my full-time to this.
    Last edited by Benjin; May 05, 2017 at 01:44 AM.

Yeah!!! Great to hear bro ! hope everything is fine!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

There has been some progress made in my free time - I'm waiting for a few more videos to be done before I show anything.

But the good news is that my time at university officially ended today - submitted my last few assignments. So, I can now dedicate my full-time to this.
    Sounds great. Best of luck with your assignments mate and with your movie project as well.

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

We are waiting for you

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

ABOUT
    Finally, after three and a half years since Total War: ROME II's release, you can now experience the good old ROME: Total War intro videos for each faction in the Grand Campaign, but with the visuals of Total War: ROME II. This mod implements remastered ROME: Total War intro videos using footage from Total War: ROME II, made by the Total War Machinima director 'Malay Archer' (check out his YouTube channel, linked on this page).

I wanted to make this mod as proof that the community can implement new video cutscenes ingame and figure out a way to get the audio working (admittedly, it is not the ideal method - I would rather get the audio working ingame without the use of a soundboard, if possible). It is the first mod of its kind in the Total War series.

FUTURE
    Since this mod started in mind for the overhaul mod Divide et Impera, there will be one released soon for it along with some extra cutscenes dispersed throughout the grand campaign - not just introduction videos. The first version released here is for vanilla ROME II only. If this mod gains enough interest, we are happy to continue doing more and/or supporting more overhaul mods.

INSTALLATION
    To install the mod and get audio working, follow the instructions carefully in the readme (it should take about 2 or 3 minutes). If anyone has any issues, contact me.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    AUDIO ONLY: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ow0vsr...Soundboard.rar

VIDEO MOD + AUDIO (VANILLA VERSION): http://www.mediafire.com/file/cw2l1r..._Intro_Mod.rar

VIDEO MOD + AUDIO (DIVIDE ET IMPERA VERSION): Coming Soon

STEAM WORKSHOP
    NOTE: If you use the Steam Workshop version, don't forget to download and set up the audio (link above - first one - "AUDIO ONLY")

PART 1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927634243

PART 2: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=927675267

PART 3: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=927660031

ROME II - Intro Video Compilation

Malay Archer's YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUo...ZM5J9H1G7bTIcQ
    Last edited by Benjin; May 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM.

Congrats! but I'm a bit confused bro. You say this is for vanila but in the images I can see DeI old 1.1 hoplite phalanx formation. (you should change it for the 1.2v when you create the DeI's vid) and a few units or details like "long hair" in 4:47 wich are 100% not from vanila, so? can I give this a try with DeI while you finish the mod version?¿

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

I didn't say that the videos show vanilla stuff, I said that the only version of the mod I've uploaded so far works for vanilla (i.e. the campaign scripts etc). But don't worry, I'm currently working on a version for Divide et Impera and will upload it some time tomorrow - the mod will be available for DeI as intended, just requires a bit more time. The DeI version won't just be new intros - it will also have a few extra cutscenes on the campaign map (e.g. when the Roman military reform events occur, a unique video will play for each - also made by Malay Archer).
    Last edited by Benjin; May 17, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

That sounds great 1.2 will be release soon so there might be some nice updated units to use.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, I really can't wait for the full released version of 1.2! Malay I think will wait for the new Hellenic Overhaul stuff in 1.2 before doing the the Greek reformation videos - he's only done the Roman reform stuff so far.
    Last edited by Benjin; May 17, 2017 at 05:48 PM.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent work! These kind of things truly add immersion to the game!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

This is really cool, great work

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

This adds so much immersion that the original game lacked, great job man!

OdinSon's Avatar Foederatus

Stunning!

Wow! I think that this mod should be implemented to standard version of DeI instead of just being a submod IMO