Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

Dumanthis, it is sadly to large to be part of DeI, we already had to give up on a lot of new and possible textures to get this version up for Steam size limits.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Wow, it's amazing!!
    I would love to see movies for all the wonders!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Dumanthis, it is sadly to large to be part of DeI, we already had to give up on a lot of new and possible textures to get this version up for Steam size limits.
    Bugger. Maybe in the future lord Gaben's Steam will provide this to us I just remember how cool it was to have clips from the movies in Third Age... This could be cherry on the cake for DeI And yes i know its only cosmetic

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Malay Archer has uploaded the three Roman Reform movie event cutscenes which will be included into the DeI version (coming when 1.2 is officially released, since it's coming out in just a few days?). They will play on the campaign map like the "Family Member Death" and "Civil War Erupts!" movie events.

Last edited by Benjin; May 21, 2017 at 12:43 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That is some seriously epic stuff!
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Yeah its really great! I do wish we could eventually add it to the main mod but it would basically be the size of the mod almost itself But making it a submod is at least a good way to have it available to those who want to use it in DeI.

Eventually we want to put together an HD/MOAR TEXTURES RAAAHH type submod that has a bunch of extra assets and things that would be there for those with computers that can handle it. Maybe this is something that also could be included in that eventually? Sort of a compilation submod of some of the good ones out there and improved/variation of textures

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hi KAM / Dresden, thanks!

About the idea of this submod being incorporated as part of a list of officially endorsed DeI submods with large file sizes (for those with computers able to handle it) - that sounds like an awesome idea to me! Malay Archer and myself (I plan to make some videos as well, since my time at university is now over) can use some of those HD textures / extra assets for the videos. If we need to, we can re-make some of the existing videos too (we need to fix some of the scenes with the wonky shadows any way).

Yeah, it is a shame about the filesize - I tried to compress each of the 1920x1080 intro videos down to at least 100mb from 600mb, plus the audio not being implemented ingame and needing to be played separately, but it still works for those who have always wanted to have some extra presentation / immersion to their campaigns. Then again, intro / ending cutscenes are always going to have the largest file sizes - the campaign movie events can be compressed down to around 30mb since those videos won't be fullscreen.
    Last edited by Benjin; May 21, 2017 at 02:42 PM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yeah its really great! I do wish we could eventually add it to the main mod but it would basically be the size of the mod almost itself But making it a submod is at least a good way to have it available to those who want to use it in DeI.

Eventually we want to put together an HD/MOAR TEXTURES RAAAHH type submod that has a bunch of extra assets and things that would be there for those with computers that can handle it. Maybe this is something that also could be included in that eventually? Sort of a compilation submod of some of the good ones out there and improved/variation of textures
    A high-end submod? That would be so awesome!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Y

Best idea ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Hi KAM / Dresden, thanks!

About the idea of this submod being incorporated as part of a list of officially endorsed DeI submods with large file sizes (for those with computers able to handle it) - that sounds like an awesome idea to me! Malay Archer and myself (I plan to make some videos as well, since my time at university is now over) can use some of those HD textures / extra assets for the videos. If we need to, we can re-make some of the existing videos too (we need to fix some of the scenes with the wonky shadows any way).

Yeah, it is a shame about the filesize - I tried to compress each of the 1920x1080 intro videos down to at least 100mb from 600mb, plus the audio not being implemented ingame and needing to be played separately, but it still works for those who have always wanted to have some extra presentation / immersion to their campaigns. Then again, intro / ending cutscenes are always going to have the largest file sizes - the campaign movie events can be compressed down to around 30mb since those videos won't be fullscreen.
    We like your submod very much,and when will see DIVIDE ET IMPERA VERSION?

If you do plan on doing a higher quality sub-mod and include the movie intro for it, could you make the videos look better? I'm the same guy from the steam comment who posted this http://imgur.com/a/jqu3o. I'd be happy to download an extra big file from TWC if it looked better in game.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

@Huoshan Malay Archer and myself have decided to get all of the reform cutscenes done before releasing, so it'll take a little while longer. We still have to do the Greek, Gaulic, Germanic, Iberian, Nomadic, Carthaginian and Parthian reforms. I'm also going to throw in something extra for Hannibal at the Gates... you'll see what it is when you get to turn 7 in the winter of 218BC.

@skullfultree As a separate download linked on TWC, sure! I just figured nobody would want to download such a massive file size with lossless .bik movies. Currently it's at 600mb, if I made an even higher-quality movie mod, it'll probably increase to 1.8GB.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

@Huoshan Malay Archer and myself have decided to get all of the reform cutscenes done before releasing, so it'll take a little while longer. We still have to do the Greek, Gaulic, Germanic, Iberian, Nomadic, Carthaginian and Parthian reforms. I'm also going to throw in something extra for Hannibal at the Gates... you'll see what it is when you get to turn 7 in the winter of 218BC.
    Elephants crossing snowy mountains?
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Elephants crossing snowy mountains?
    Elephants crossing the Alps? In winter?! Preposterous! Next you'll be saying a Roman army will cross the Rubicon and march on Rome.

As I said earlier in this thread - I was only dreaming about submod like this for DEI and then I saw your thread. Many thanks! Dresden idea is really great. Honeslty I don't think it is even a problem for anyone in 2017 to download 1.8 GB of awesome stuff. Please, make a high and mid quality videos if it not a very much time consuming for you.

Greek military reforms.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome!!!!
    When do you think you will have a version for DEI? I check this submod everyday
    Can the window movie from the game be larger?

Thanks

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

@Polemaios Thanks for linking this, completely forgot to do so!

@suras333 Hi, Malay Archer and myself are currently doing a few extra videos for the DeI version - once they're done, I will immediately upload the DeI version to Steam + TWC and create higher quality versions of the mod (larger file sizes) for TWC shortly afterwards. Yesterday we finished the Parthian and the secret HatG cutscene.

@Polemaios Thanks for linking this, completely forgot to do so!

@suras333 Hi, Malay Archer and myself are currently doing a few extra videos for the DeI version - once they're done, I will immediately upload the DeI version to Steam + TWC and create higher quality versions of the mod (larger file sizes) for TWC shortly afterwards. Yesterday we finished the Parthian and the secret HatG cutscene.
    Great!We can't wait to see your DEI version submod,so beautiful!

Any news with the DEI version progress?