Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17425758596061626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

what kind of pop up? set it to windows 8 compatibility and try running it as administrator

from the image I can tell you things are extremely weird...
    it seems it is reading DeI since you have the army supply effect
    it seems it is reading the pick faction pack since the png with the white penthagon is there...
    but it's not giving any testudo scripted effect...
    and that combination is super weird... I honestly don't have an explanation

try these steps:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. delete the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverify your game cache in Steam to check local file integrity.
    3a. try again with steam manager
    3b. or try mitch's by setting it to windows 8 compatibility and running it as administrator

there is anothre manager that should work with rome2 (never tried myself but many guys say it works like a charm): https://github.com/Kaedrin/warhammer-mod-manager

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    what kind of pop up? set it to windows 8 compatibility and try running it as administrator

from the image I can tell you things are extremely weird...
    it seems it is reading DeI since you have the army supply effect
    it seems it is reading the pick faction pack since the png with the white penthagon is there...
    but it's not giving any testudo scripted effect...
    and that combination is super weird... I honestly don't have an explanation

try these steps:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. delete the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverify your game cache in Steam to check local file integrity.
    3a. try again with steam manager
    3b. or try mitch's by setting it to windows 8 compatibility and running it as administrator

there is anothre manager that should work with rome2 (never tried myself but many guys say it works like a charm): https://github.com/Kaedrin/warhammer-mod-manager
    I followed all your tips but it doesn't work. When i use mitch manager this window pops up

When i use Keadrin, game is launched but in vanilla version (without DeI).

Really don't know whats going on, but thanks anyway for the mentoring.

Patrician

geez... really don't know what's going on either... sorry

last chance: user script method, this should overlay everything, in theory
    and it's really easy to be used (I personally used it a couple of times for Troy only and it is still working there too)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-txt-quot-File
    If interested (but having problems setting it) then write again here

Quote Originally Posted by Auchan View Post
    It doesn't work, as you can see in the image. It's strange because technically Rpug is on so the installation should be correct. If i try to run the game through mitch manager, game just doesn't start and message pop up asking permission to activate the game.

I followed this order: DeI, Testudo Main, Testudo 4 tpy, Testudo Paces Medium 4 tpy, Pick a Faction Rome. Just the needed pack, no more addictions. Furthemore no Testudo economic and civic scripts active in the politic menu.
    Ok, maybe I'm being too obvious here but shouldn't the order be testudo packs and then DEI? Per the original post,

'Packs are sorted by loading order, the higher the number the higher their position (so they overwrite parts of other packs).
    1) is to be put under everything else and above DeI packs, the numbers of "@" are their position so they should be ordered automatically.
    Remember to revert to the old mod manager: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager'

Really hope it'll work out for you, it's a great and fun submod.

I'm at turn 300 now, actually slightly behind the historic roman expansion timeline. Haven't noticed any population issues since Taras.

Patrician

good to hear about pop
    I haven't checked your save game yet but I will
    as you probably already know testudo's pop is not well balanced (I messed up some values some version ago)
    but... glitches... bugs... they can happen, they are rare but some vanilla DeI user reported it
    script is really complex and for some reasons, somehow and sometimes, do bad calculations per se

geez... really don't know what's going on either... sorry

last chance: user script method, this should overlay everything, in theory
    and it's really easy to be used (I personally used it a couple of times for Troy only and it is still working there too)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-txt-quot-File
    If interested (but having problems setting it) then write again here
    I yield. Nothing seems to work. Thanks anyway.

Patrician

well... have fun with anything you're gonna play instead

Hey Jake, sorry I've been out of commission for a while. My old PC wasn't cutting it anymore and been building the new one, and sourcing parts so no time to play. Finally finished it, and got Testudo up and running on the new PC. A month away is a long time to jump back into a campaign at turn 930 (Huge 12tpy), so I'm not sure if I will press on to turn 1000+ as I've largely completed my objectives. Was a blast.

I have 10 full 20 stack legions
    2 full quality naval 20 stacks
    20-40k surplus income per turn Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Testudo turn 930.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	578.7 KB 
ID:	363031

I will likely jump back in again at some point, as Rome 2 looks gorgeous on the new PC. Let me know if you'd like to see any saves.

well... have fun with anything you're gonna play instead
    I think i gonna play my Testudo crippled version, meanwhile i hope next updates will fix this mess with my mod manager.

Patrician

@ syntax
    sure, upload that 930 turns campaign, I would be pleased to check some things around
    thanks

@auchan
    sorry man... really don't know how to help you

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

B) Remember to revert to the old manager: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.

Is this step really necessary? My game seens to launch just fine with the current launcher, but wich beta should I choose? The "patch_x" ones or the "launcher_openbeta"? And what this /launcher_release_candidate means?

Patrician

that was for an older launcher which had serious bugs
    if you haven't noticed anything weird (missing scripts mostly) then you are fine
    current manager should be usually fine but...
    my advice is to use mithc's mod manager whenever you play R2 with a modded pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/di18t5...a_mod.odt/file

Ok, thanks! Will do!

Also... I just started playing as Rome and I noticed that I have no diplomacy options with any factions, enemy or friendly. Ahn... help?

Patrician

yes that's ok, diplomacy has been limited via script and it has a disabling cycle (in 4 tpy everyone will be able to activate diplo every 2 turn, in 12 tpy every 3 turns)
    if it's the first time you play testudo then read what you find inside #1 post > 1st spoiler (there area lot of new features you'll have to deal with, testudo has a... learning curve)
    and #2 post
    here are some infos about what you are talking about: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15879401

Oh, yeah, thanks, I kinda figured out it was intentional (twcenter was off-line). Sorry for my lack of attention.

Also, Jake, I'm using testudo 12tpy Large, with the proper 12tpy pack, with the roman pack and the main Testudo pack, apart from that only the 3 parts of DEI and TW Rome Music and DEI Graphics Enhancement, nothing more. But I don't think the 12tpy is working, my chars are aging way to fast and seasons are all over the place in a 4tpy manner.

Also... it's safe for me to change from Large to Huge mid campaign?
    Last edited by VektorT; November 21, 2020 at 08:27 PM.

Patrician

yeas it is safe to change from large to huge midcampaign

problem not having the 12tpy pack is that a lot of things are "pace" set, for example the diplomatic is set to be "on" at first season's month (every 3 turns)
    if you play 12 tpy packs at 4 tpy... you'll have a non constant pace and some other values (like character death script) won't be set for 4tpy
    most probably is a steam manager bug
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 22, 2020 at 09:55 AM.

I took your advice and am changing to the mod manager you recommended. It look likes the image below. I know it's not your thing, but when I click "Launch" it open the Steam Manager. It's that how it supposed to be? The "gerula" thing is DEI Graphics Enhancement. I downloaded it from Steam into my SSD otherwise it won't show on the manager.

Patrician

yes it will open the steam manager but the reading order should remain the same you set in mitch's (should avoid any weird and possible behaviour coming from steam manager)
    you lack the DeI official 12tpy pack, really... use it if you wanna play with 12tpy packs

maximius serbus's Avatar Civis

Hi Jake, you are doing a great job, you and DEI are the reason why I still play Rome II
    I have just one question, is it your sub mod current version compatible with latest DEI 1.2.6b?

Patrician

yes it's compatible
    not everything is fully updated to its values but we are working on new DeI release and I'll update things after it