Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TURTLE (for DeI 1.2.2a)

Sorry, another update needed 'cause i messed something with replenishment
    updated OP and download
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 16, 2017 at 03:27 PM.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

What is the difference between this and the "hardcore" submod ?

Patrician

They are similar.
    Turtle should be easier, with no restrictions to economy or to Ai behaviour and bonuses.
    It is also less slow for buildings and culture.
    It has reduced strat map movement.
    Some little differences here and there.

They aim quite the same goal, though there are some differences reguarding playability and difficulty.
    You could say TURTLE is half way between vanilla and hardcore

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

They are similar.
    Turtle should be easier, with no restrictions to economy or to Ai behaviour and bonuses.
    It is also less slow for buildings and culture.
    It has reduced strat map movement.
    Some little differences here and there.

They aim quite the same goal, though there are some differences reguarding playability and difficulty.
    You could say TURTLE is half way between vanilla and hardcore
    Ok, thank you for answer.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TURTLE (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + various stratmap movement range

updated OP with new TURTLE version and the various stratmap movement range packs

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TURTLE (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + various stratmap movement range

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    updated OP with new TURTLE version and the various stratmap movement range packs
    Very nice buddy. Thanks for the update.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.0 (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + economy script + various stratmap movement range

News in the OP!
    The old TURTLE (now TESTUDO) has many more features for a challenging and slower campaign.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.0 (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + economy script + various stratmap movement range

News in the OP!
    The old TURTLE (now TESTUDO) has many more features for a challenging and slower campaign.
    Good to know. I see many changes.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.0 (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + economy/population scripts + various stratmap movement range

Yeah, there are a lot of micromanagement features and, above all, the economy script that slow you down while you grow, it's a sort of imperium level that happens more often but less severely.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 03, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.0 (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + economy/population scripts + various stratmap movement range

Yeah, there are a lot of micromanagement features and, above all, the economy script that slow you down while you grow, it's a sort of imperium level (values not changed) that happens more often but less severely.
    Nice. I always liked slow paced campaigns, with demanding micromanagement for the player.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.1 (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [3 march 18]

UPDATED to v.1.1
    You can now download Small/Medium/Large version for the economy/population and the new added civil war scripts mods.
    There is also a NO civil war pack.

changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

v1.1 [3 march 18]
    - slightly changed values here and there to be more difficult- added civil war script mod

- added S/M/L versions to economy/population/civilwar

Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 11, 2018 at 04:16 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.1 (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + S/M/L economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [3 march 18]

Hey Jake, I just read description of the mod and really liked it. Gonna try it soon. How different is your medium civil war chance from vanilla DEI?

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.1 (for DeI 1.2.2g/h hotfix) + S/M/L economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [3 march 18]

Happy to hear.
    Well, I can't say for sure, I edited them yesterday and still trying.
    I would say it should complessively decrease chances by 10/15 %.
    You can remove politcs_trait_defs.lua into lua_scripts to have vanilla values.
    TESTUDO is a much slower campaign, and i had many issues with civil war, that's the reason I slightly decreased chances.

Honestly I'm playing a rome campaign with the civilwar Small pack, so I can still feel a little danger but remain a republic with all 4 parties
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 03, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

Hey

Description sounds really good. I do like the slower grind of a campaign. Makes it seem more realistic for me especially with the increased difficulty of managing your empire and armies. The Increased micro is good too. Few questions though:
    1) The economy penalties don't apply to the AI. How does this play out in game? Not a fan of AI factions which have two cities yet are able to field a few 20 stacks and flood me whilst I can only maintain 1 due to the increased upkeep and everything else
    2) I'm playing with 24TPY - I like seasons being longer so there's an actual element of not being able to campaign effectively in the winter as it should be realistically -, will that throw the balance off with all the changes you've made?
    3) Why are there small, medium and large versions? Do you have to choose one based on how many regions you own? If so, does that mean once my territory increases in size to the next threshold of medium or large, I have to change the mods in my data folder?

Thanks!

Patrician

Hey there.

1) in some way it is like you say, AI (also 'cause it has the possibility to field 1 army more per imperium, like the player) should be more difficult to beat. In my testing rome campaigns I erase Epirus in 70/90 turns after 3/4 major battles but they were never in the condition to overcome me (beside taking bruttium which might happen in vanilla too).
    2) regarding seasons, i've slightly changed only movement, PO, and growth bonuses/maluses, so there shouldn't be major issues but i would advice to play at least 12 tpy, 24 is really too much, anyway gamplay is a personal choice. Please report what happens in 24 tpy if you have time and will
    3) Small = minor penalty / Medium = medium penalty / Large = larger penalty. You can choose the one you prefer, but the script is the same regarding the number of region owned. S/M/L define the quantity of penalties, not regions' number. Stay with medium (already included in TESTUDO) and see what happens, if it is too much tight then load the small pack before TESTUDO, or wait a dozen of turns to rebuild economy.

To you!

Just a minor thing: the civwar packs are actually set to trigger events for 5/13 (and mutltiple) turns, not 4 and 12, I'll have to change this
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 06, 2018 at 10:06 AM.

I want to give a go to this today. Is it compatible with latest patch?
    Last edited by Vardano; March 09, 2018 at 08:55 PM.

Patrician

No, it's not.
    The game runs with the submod but has issues.
    Probably today (5-6 hours from now) I'll upload the new version

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.2.alpha (for DeI 1.2.2i) + S/M/L economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [3 march 18]

Here we are with 1.2.alpha.
    Updated for patch 19 and DeI 122i (hope to haven't messed anything).
    I've done only the TESTUDO core with economy/population/civilwar Medium packs inside, all the other files in the OP will mess up a little with patch 19 and they aren't updated to DeI 122i.

> DOWNLOAD TESTUDO.1.2.alpha for DeI 1.2.2i - patch 19:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/nowj4u...2.alpha_M.pack
    (SHOULD BE SAVE COMPATIBLE)

changelog 1.1 to 1.2.alpha:

ECONOMY:
    - increased cultural PO malus

BUILDINGS:
    - less PO and growth from medium/high values

ADMINISTRATION:
    - decreased tax rate bonuses bonuses for gdp and growth bonuses
    - slightly decreased replenishment
    - + increased building conversion time (+25%)
    - -1 unit recruitment point overall

DIPLOMACY:
    - slightly increased diplomacy difficulty

POPULATION:
    - slightly decreased growth

Here is the ongoing situation from my last roman campaign with TESTUDO 1.1

turn 25

turn 50

turn 75

turn 100

turn 125

Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 10, 2018 at 11:46 AM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.1.alpha (for DeI 1.2.2i - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [10 march 18]

Looking good @Jake
    I can't test it yet though since Patch 19 broke cheat engine and I really can't play without it.
    Also all of my graphic mods are dead.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.1.alpha (for DeI 1.2.2i - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [10 march 18]

"per aspera ad astra"