Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 184358596061626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yes it will open the steam manager but the reading order should remain the same you set in mitch's (should avoid any weird and possible behaviour coming from steam manager)
    you lack the DeI official 12tpy pack, really... use it if you wanna play with 12tpy packs
    Ah, stupid me.

Anyway, already starting a new campaign, will fix that first.
    Kinda sick of playing romans anyway, I choose them because I was cautious about your mod and playing 12tpy for the first time. I got it, time to give Pergamon a shot finally. Your mod is great, by the way, I really like the slow pace and I think it should fit 12tpy very well.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

changing tpy pack is not compatible, you'll need to do that from start
    glad you like it ... I've started cooking new systems... potentially speaking 1.7 is still an... early version
    total war "+ civilization + paradox + disco elysium"... it's actually possible to do via modding (more or less)

Hey, Jake, a little bit more of feedback. Currently on turn 131 on my new campaign with Pergamon. It's being one of my favorite campaigns ever. Pergamon rocks, I always saw people saying that but I never gave it a shot. 12tpy is also a must, taking my time stabilizing new conquered territories, doing some attrition wars, enjoying peace times to build up and nurturing governors, generals and agents is way more rewarding without the constant urge to do more before my characters dies out (still, I think an 8tpy option could be more tuned to me... is that possible?)

I'm speaking about some things that doesn't seen exclusive to your mod like 12tpy and Pergamon but it's because I already played DEI a lot, so I knew what to expect but your mod really gave it a twist. RPGu became one of my favorites RTW2 mods ever, I can't imagine playing without it anymore. Such simple but nice touch, love it. You should be very proud of Testudo because, man, congrats, it brings back memories of how much I was disappointed with RTW2 vanilla and guys like you, KAM, Dresden, and so many others really salvaged. I wish I could be CA owner just to hire you guys to be part of a RTW3 game (you guys and Europa Barbarorum team II too).

Minor question: what are the penalties of going over limit in RPGu army size? Stats penalties for the units? Are the governors capabilities like PO, growth, %tax, etc also penalized?

Patrician

yeah pergamon is super cool, my favourite, perhaps
    no, 8tpy is not possible at all: 1/2/4/12/24... then I don't know, maybe 36 or 48, have no idea
    Thanks for appreciating rpgu, I think the same and I have many plans for its improvement
    penalties for going over limit are penalties for everything, yes admins' too

Hey, Jake, can we have a weight for more agents?

Also, I got it, 12tpy it is. No way to go back to 4 tpy. If you are interest in my current Pergamon campaign, wich is being probably the best I ever had in a years (plural)...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

At the begining with just one city the first thing I did was captured Nikomedia so I could have a port to trade. My next target was Sinope, but the Galatians got there before me so I got no option other than face them. It was one big field battle and two harsh sieges, but I got Synope and Ancyra. It took me some time to stabilize, fight three rebellions and build strengh, but I had eyes in Pontos' Amaseia and Trapezos, but the Hayasdan got both before me, wich was bonkers. I could go for Rhodes at this point but I was scared the attrition would erode my single army, so I was left alone against three much more powerful oponents: Ptolemaioi who occupy all cities in southern coastal Anatolia (Ephesos, Side and Tarsos), Hayasdan (who captured Amaseia, Trapezos, Samosata and 2/3 of the Caucasus) and Lydia (who had Pessinous, Ikonion, Mazaca and was a Seleukidai vassal). Ptolemaioi and Seleukidai was at war with one another, so I decided to attack Lydia betting Seleukidai wouldn't have troops to spare helping them. Lydia had one big field battle and three sieges in quickly succession to DOUBLE my territory, meanwhile Hayasdan also declared war on Seleukidai and Seleukidai sued me for peace... poor Lydia, help never came for them! PO wasn't that bad since Lydia was also greek. At this point I felt secure to go for Rhodes and captured it, meanwhile Samosata did a succesful rebellion and became independent from Hayasdan so I captured it as a golden opportunity. Now it's already around turn ~110, I have one good Professinal Army and one "cheap" Regular one, the only barracks I ever had was captured from Lydia and after some recruitment I demolished it because I need le mony, and it's down to Ptolemaioi and Hayasdan for expasion. This was my "easy and fast" period, but it does stopped there...

I really wish to go for Ptolemaioi cities at this point, but since it liked me and was fighting other wars, I feared that Hayasdan who wouldn't even sign trade could attack my back, so I attacked first. I set my two armys and took Amaseia and Trapezos in a single turn to minimize PO. I didn't planned it, but Hayasdan armies where ALL above the Caucasus fighting Arche Bosphorus (who grew big) wich left me the whole "Hayasdan (Armenia)" province unguarded so I blitzkrieged it from them. Note, it was turn 131 and I asked for a 8 tpy because it was goin so fast, and for the next 73 turns it would be the only cities I would capture. The Hayasdan province PO was TERRIBLE! With no Greek culture it was always rebelling all the time so both of my armies HAD to be there to crush frequent rebellions AND to fight off Hayasdan armies coming down of the Caucasus. This whole sittuation lasted FOREVER: crush rebelleion, replenish, fight off Hayasdan, replenish, rebellion again, rinse and repeat... note I wasn't collecting taxes in the whole "Hayasdan" province to minimize PO and rebellions, so I couldn't grow my army any big! Arche Bosphorus was also fighting Hayasdan over the Caucasus but this situation lasted unchaging ~50 turns (1/3 of the whole gameplay at this point), until Hayasdan didn't have armies to send down of the Caucasus and rebellions frequency stopped. At this point I wish to go for Ptolemaioi cities, but to face such powerful enemy I had to secure this flank first. I liberated Kolkhis, hoping together with Arche Bosphorus it would keep Hayasdan busy, but Arche Bosphorus, so far a major player in the region and my Ally, started to be steamrolled by Skythai down to one province! If Skythai, who also hated me and wouldn't sign even Trade conquer all the land over the Caucasus and became my neighbor, it would be BIG PROBLEM! So I decided to help Arche Bophorus instead of going for Ptolemaioi. Note: I do plan to take Arche Bophorus regions at some point, but different culture PO last so long I wish a hellenic faction occupy those lands first. So I fought a no-new-territory war for a very long time: raided the Hayasdan provinces until Arche Bosphorus or Kolkhis captured them, fight off Skythia (and Rauxsa) armies to protect Arche Bosphorus while it capture back it lost territories. Catiroi eventually joined the fight, wich made my northen border secured once and for all! Ptolemaioi cities here I go!... O-ho...

When I captured Armenia region I became Atropatkan neighbour who wouldn't even sign trade but I never gave much . I just want my northern/eastern border secure to go for Ptolemaioi cities on southern Anatolia (GIBE EPHESOS!), but guess what? When I'm moving my armies back from north of the Caucasus, Atropatkan declare war! JESUS... I mean... HERAKLES, MAN, JUST LET ME BE! My luck is that I really was moving my armies trough the Caucasus so they was close to fight off any Atropatkan invasion and, at this point, I have enough income to make my second army Professional AND recruit a whole new Levy one for raiding, rebellion crushing and minor invasion defense. Looking at Atropatkan's Mada province it does seens nice: silver AND iron, but the PO there would be a whole Armenia PO issue again. Anyway, there's where I stop: I lured three Atropatkan stacks to my land and defeat them. My first army is at "invasion" shape and my second one needs serious refit since it really took a toll fighting off two Atropatkan forces, but reinforcements already is coming from my "recruit region" together with a whole new Levy Army so Atropatkan doesn't stand much of a chance now specially because I plan to buy Baktria into this war. But there's where I leave this campaign for the next two months since I will work travel and leave my pc back and be left with only my crap laptop...

Anyway... best campaign ever contender! Thanks for the mod, pal! ...such games my make me less produtive but also makes me less depressed so, yeah, really thanks!
    Last edited by VektorT; November 28, 2020 at 02:18 AM.

yeah pergamon is super cool, my favourite, perhaps
    no, 8tpy is not possible at all: 1/2/4/12/24... then I don't know, maybe 36 or 48, have no idea
    Thanks for appreciating rpgu, I think the same and I have many plans for its improvement
    penalties for going over limit are penalties for everything, yes admins' too
    Also you could increase banditry and plagues for regions with roads and being proportional with peoples food reserves. And I suggest plagues on already starving peoples to make more casualties.

Patrician

@vektor
    ok I'll do weight packs for more agents (player only though, AI agents are useless placeholders at the end)

thanks for the report... seems really cool
    except for rebellions... are you sure you couldn't do anything about them? 'cause I really never had a single rebellion in all my campaigns...
    and... have a nice time working around in rl

@leo
    you mean link plagues/banditry to pop and supply?
    for doing that I'll have to erase CA plagues/banditry and build them from scratch via script, no other way for doing this
    not sure if I'll ever do tbh but... maybe
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 28, 2020 at 04:04 AM.

@vektor
    ok I'll do weight packs for more agents (player only though, AI agents are useless placeholders at the end)

thanks for the report... seems really cool
    except for rebellions... are you sure you couldn't do anything about them? 'cause I really never had a single rebellion in all my campaigns...
    and... have a nice time working around in rl

@leo
    you mean link plagues/banditry to pop and supply?
    for doing that I'll have to erase CA plagues/banditry and build them from scratch via script, no other way for doing this
    not sure if I'll ever do tbh but... maybe
    Yes. Historically and for game immersion those must be linked with pop and supply. I think only altering the CA script is working; not starting a new one from scratch.

Patrician

plagues and banditry have hardcoded structures
    they are encrypted non lua scripts (C# if I remember correctly) in the dll, they aren't moddable lua scripts
    I would need to nullify them through workarounds and rebuild from scratch for having the possibility to link them to other custom made scripted systems such as pop and supply

idea is interesting but... it's improbable I would do something like that
    too much work for too few gain
    i would prefer keep working on other things (you'll see... you'll like them )

Salve Jake,

If I recall there was talk of a warscore type system you might implement and also a geographical based diplo limiter of sorts? (maybe the latter could just be for declaring war)
    Is there any hope for this someday?

Also, how about trade regions being implemented?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ewer-TW-games&

Patrician

yes I'm working on a sort of warscore system (same for trade regions), not for the next version though
    I already did the diplo geo limiter but it's too heavy regarding lags, too many things to retrieve, it's unplayable

those things (and a lot more) require building new UI interfaces through which you can interact, I'm working on their templates as for now
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; December 02, 2020 at 04:07 AM.

Huzzah, very glad to read this mate. I have actually held off on playing Rome II/DEI/Testudo until those are implemented (some form of better diplo), because I just can't take the till the death AI and their silly diplo decisions anymore despite everything else being mostly wonderful.

Not to rush, nor do I expect a definitive answer, but is there any ETA on those being implemented Jake?

And for the 1,023 time many many many thanks.

Patrician

testudo already has a complex/scripted diplo script, it's already reducing a lot all the diplo inconsistencies
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15879401
    fff
    can't really say about eta, modding is really time consuming
    with the next testudo version I should start adding interactive buttons (linked to scripts), which would be the start of a real overhaul, since they can seriously affect the gameplay and the way it is perceived

You need to get some help and also setup donations. This mod is great, adds that extra layer to DEI that the game needs.

Patrician

glad you like it
    You need to get some help: this means you are up to give me some help when and if needed?

Where can I read some guide about Economic Trust/Distrust and other economic stuff? It feels like I can't interact with these mechanics in any way yet they run rampant and are very influential.

Patrician

you have everything you need for start playing in posts #1/2/3
    open the very first spoiler in post #1
    specifically, for trust vps: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-dec-01-19

with the next testudo version I should start adding interactive buttons (linked to scripts), which would be the start of a real overhaul, since they can seriously affect the gameplay and the way it is perceived
    Sounds great, from what I remember the few edge cases I ran into were do to lack of UI to prompt the desired action from me to address something. Having buttons can work to get this information out.

Ah! There was one, for VPS the treasury limit was set too low for Rome. Building prices were simply beyond that barrier. had to save the money to upgrade so felt compelled to cheese via stashing money to take later before spent.

Also brainstormed some new RPGu values to show you, just need to write them down. Starting to learn the jargon within the mod so will try to use to learn more

Sorry for double post but I realized I could get you the revised values almost immediately if you happened to have the values of the formations when at min and max optimal strength