Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2550656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    "rom_stance_navy_docked rom_force_campaign_mod_local_piracy" is not for banditry, should just be an economical % effect, affecting sea trades or stuff like that
    "this_navy" means it's a deployed army effect (well... navy effect), meaning that the army is producing an effect until it meets the effect conditions

to simulate something like that you'll have to script it, 'cause you'll have to register the correct region and apply affect to it through the garrisoned captain (colonel)
    it's not easy to do, sorry, won't help you and I would advice you not to start doing trials 'cause that would need some lua experience
    OK. But what for the ''piracy' term in force_campaign_mod_local_piracy in navy DOCKED stance ? I believe is LINKED to piracy. And this is for navy. For armies, how to simulate an antibanditry effect in a defined stance, for example PATROL stance or the DEFAULT stance ? I searched like crazy how the game simulate banditry and antibanditry throw stances and didn't find a damn thing into tables, even in lua tables. And game only say army in a region helps reducing banditry.....

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

piracy is just a % economical de-buff, nothing else
    there is no piracy system in the game at all, not sure what you mean

I told you in the other message what you have to do

you want to add an effect to a stance?
    try to apply a noticeable effect (like a +100 banditry with a "this_force_local_region_any" scope)
    "rom_stance_navy_docked" effect bundle key inside "effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables"

check testudo rpgu table, it's plenty of different army effects, just copy one of them and assign it to the correct effect bundle key inside "effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables"

TWC is loading very slowly for me so I'm having a hard time looking through past comments But what version of DEI is this meant to be played with? I understand it may be compatible with latest, but what was the intended version it was developed for? thank you

Patrician

Testudo last update was august 2020
    Checking devs content I see a DeI 126b fixpack released in september 2020
    any 126 version should be 99% fully compatible and with correct testudo adaptation

Testudo last update was august 2020
    Checking devs content I see a DeI 126b fixpack released in september 2020
    any 126 version should be 99% fully compatible and with correct testudo adaptation
    thank you, looking forward to playing

I've found a different lua method script to remove the Forced March button for Attila. Basically it is that:

-- UI changes
    local function forcedMarchRemoval(context)
    local army_stance_group = scripting.m_root:Find("land_stance_button_stack") -- Changing army_stance_group to another variable name breaks it. Don't ask, this cost me hours, and I still don't know why...
    if army_stance_group then
    local button_forcedMarch = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_fortify") --button_raid button_forced_march button_ambush button_fortify

-- write_log_message( "child count: " .. tostring( UIComponent(army_stance_group):ChildCount() ) );
    -- UIComponent(army_stance_group)destroyChildren();
    -- UIComponent(army_stance_group):Adopt(button_forcedMarch);

UIComponent(button_forcedMarch):SetDisabled(true)
    end
    end

local function LockArmyStanceButton( context, button_name, unlock ) --button_raid button_forced_march button_ambush button_fortify

local army_stance_group = scripting.m_root:Find("land_stance_button_stack") -- Changing army_stance_group to another variable name breaks it. Don't ask, this cost me hours, and I still don't know why...

local button_stance = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find( button_name )

-- write_log_message( "army child count: " .. tostring( UIComponent(army_stance_group):ChildCount() ) );
    -- UIComponent(army_stance_group)destroyChildren();
    -- UIComponent(army_stance_group):Adopt(button_stance);

if unlock then
    UIComponent(button_stance):SetDisabled( false )
    UIComponent(button_stance):SetStateText( "" );
    else
    UIComponent(button_stance):SetDisabled( true )

end
    end
    end

local function LockNavyStanceButton( context, button_name, unlock ) --button_double_time button_raid button_patrol

local naval_stance_group = scripting.m_root:Find("naval_stance_button_stack") -- Changing army_stance_group to another variable name breaks it. Don't ask, this cost me hours, and I still don't know why...

if naval_stance_group then
    local button_stance = UIComponent(naval_stance_group):Find( button_name )

-- write_log_message( "naval child count: " .. tostring( UIComponent(naval_stance_group):ChildCount() ) );
    -- UIComponent(naval_stance_group)destroyChildren();
    -- UIComponent(naval_stance_group):Adopt(button_stance);

if unlock then
    UIComponent(button_stance):SetDisabled( false )
    UIComponent(button_stance):SetStateText( "" );
    else
    UIComponent(button_stance):SetDisabled( true )
    end
    end
    end

And off course I wanted to try it for Rome 2 (changing faction with main_rome, for example) and didn't work with all efforts tried. Searched the lua functions and there were 100% compatible. Still don't know how it works in Attila and not in R2. Maybe you have a hint.
    Ciao.

Patrician

yeah, that stuff is used in dei too
    check army_caps.lua

testudo has a custom version, there should be more variations regarding the various stances, if you wanna see some working samples

technically speaking, those functions are turning on/off the stance buttons and disable the possibility of triggering the consequences, both for player and AI

yeah, that stuff is used in dei too
    check army_caps.lua

testudo has a custom version, there should be more variations regarding the various stances, if you wanna see some working samples

technically speaking, those functions are turning on/off the stance buttons and disable the possibility of triggering the consequences, both for player and AI
    DeI are just not straight on but replace Forced march with other stance. I mean a PLAIN remove of Forced march. Also
    I don't know about

local button_forcedMarch = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_fortify")

what is there the button ''''button_forcedMarch''''' and then Find("button_fortify") ???????? Maybe I do not understand the syntax; could you help a little by effectively explain by short that code lua line ?
    Thank you.

Patrician

that's a variable

local button_forcedMarch = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_fortify")

is the same as

local my_ass = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_fortify")

you can put whatever you want, it's just a way to make things shorter
    variables are used afterwards inside functions to call the stuff they register
    in this case it registers UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_fortify") which is a way to track down the uic key for the fortify button

do exercise and build your own forced march removal
    doing trials is the best way to learn

Testudo нужно загрузить до или после DeI?

Patrician

as any other submod it must be loaded above DeI packs

that's a variable

is the same as

local my_ass = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_fortify")

you can put whatever you want, it's just a way to make things shorter
    variables are used afterwards inside functions to call the stuff they register
    in this case it registers UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_fortify") which is a way to track down the uic key for the fortify button

do exercise and build your own forced march removal
    doing trials is the best way to learn
    I've done something like that. For example DeI army_caps lua don't work with vanilla Rome 2 even importing ALL related lua scripts (armycaps_script_header.lua, DeI_utility_functions.lua, etc). I had a point when asking you to simple show me what this lua line is doing. What I understand is that:

defining a function called local button_forcedMarch which have a string (button_forcedMarch, button_my_ass) and making this string equal with the UI of the fortify button. Correct ? Anyway I've done a slighty modified army_caps.lua on my taste and still don't know why isn't working (if just I said before even DeI army_caps.lua I don't know why it's not working) and send it to your personal message. Take a look and say an opinion.
    Cheers.

Patrician

dei army caps isn't working outside dei 'cause other "campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua" don't have the armycaps callback
    when you build an external script you must call it through the scripting.lua of the campaign

check the bottom of dei "campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua"
    there is a:
    local army_caps = require "lua_scripts.army_caps";

copy it in the vanilla "campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua"
    and the script (if everything else is correct) will work

if you want start asking me detailed stuff join discord, twc is inadequate for proceeding
    https://discord.gg/Wez6GSY

dei army caps isn't working outside dei 'cause other "campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua" don't have the armycaps callback
    when you build an external script you must call it through the scripting.lua of the campaign

check the bottom of dei "campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua"
    there is a:
    local army_caps = require "lua_scripts.army_caps";

copy it in the vanilla "campaigns > main_rome > scripting.lua"
    and the script (if everything else is correct) will work

if you want start asking me detailed stuff join discord, twc is inadequate for proceeding
    https://discord.gg/Wez6GSY
    That I know very well. And not working. Installed Discord. See you there.

Will be giving this a go as Athens once I get my rig up and running in the next 2 weeks.

Hello is this compatible with most recent version of DEI?

Patrician

Yes and no, meaning that it's compatible but some features haven't been updated
    As soon as the GC revised project will be merged into vanilla DeI... Testudo will start having some serious issues and I'll remove the downloads
    I'm working onto another project that will permit me not to update tons of stuff for every DeI update, which has become a pain to me
    There would be another technical solution... but the new project has taken priority

Thanks for your prompt responses i see you all over the forum page and Love you bro for all of your work and knowledge on the game. Believe be we "as the people," lol notice!!!

- On a side note, what is the GC revised project?

Patrician

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Serious issues meaning game braking issues? I would hate to be 200+ turns into a campaign and suddenly start having CTD's and or unable to load game saves.