Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23486364656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

secure party loyalty is as before but gives more loyalty, not sure why you're saying it's removed
    here is a description for the political part, other links are in the first spoiler inside #1 post
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-jun-09-19

the rpgu unit limit has it reasons, it's a matter of gameplay pov, don't think I'll change much that part, maybe raise it a little

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

yeah its in the politics screen i see. i just could have sworn that there was some option from the Characters screen where you can do it without wasting money, use up some of those hundreds of influence your family members and their wives build up with nothing to spend it on. Mayae i'm confusing it with some other game/ mod

Patrician

you can surely mod the price and the loyalty gained
    not sure if you can use gravitas instead, don't really think so

thanks. yeah i rage quit my Parthia campaign around 245 BC when Atropatkan (which had been gobbling up all the other former Selucid vassals) declared war on me. Until then it was going ok, other than Bactria constantly trespassing over me to try to get to Armenia and thus pissing off my Patriot faction. but even with 6 regions its impossible to make any money without having very high taxes and thus destroying your already very slow growth and PO despite the use of the RPGu generals, my slightly over 1.5 stack of low-mid tier units takes up almost all my income. Anyway I was completely destroyed in the first engagement i tried cause the battle AI is apparently very good at dealing with my full stack of horse archers and cav (perfect micro to keep their archers shooting and protected by spearmen and their own cav , can't get close, cant flank). considered reloading but then i realized, even if i win this battle, it will take me years to replenish the losses (basically only the summer gives good replenishment rate), whereas the AI just pops them in a settlement had regenerates them in 3 turns just like in vanilla, right? just want to confirm this. and 5 more stacks on the way... The best was when a few turns before that I got a message that I would now start receiving maluses to my campaign.. because i guess as a human player I'm at too much of an advantage? doesn't feel that way lol.

Patrician

eh... testudo can be punishing in some occasions yeah
    it has been built this way

no, ai has the same recruitment thresholds as player (and can't use the rpgu drill nor the military admin intrigue which temporarily give the player some recr point bonuses)
    fact is that ai always recuit (when it has space) by default.

i meant replenishment, not recruiting. like i said, you can only replenish your forces at a decent rate like once a year (in the summer). I notice AI replenish their forces pretty quick, whenever I see a stack in a freshly conquered city they are at full strength. So since they don't use the custom stances and dont suffer garrison penalties, i assume they are just quickly replenishing their armies by garrisoning them in cities , no matter the season, just like in vanilla?

Patrician

yes they replenish quicker than player but anyway a little slower than vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by justlol View Post
    i meant replenishment, not recruiting. like i said, you can only replenish your forces at a decent rate like once a year (in the summer). I notice AI replenish their forces pretty quick, whenever I see a stack in a freshly conquered city they are at full strength. So since they don't use the custom stances and dont suffer garrison penalties, i assume they are just quickly replenishing their armies by garrisoning them in cities , no matter the season, just like in vanilla?
    What version of DEI are you using? Testudo is not up to date with newest version.

Patrician

it's not up to date but it's playable

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    it's not up to date but it's playable
    Hmm, so what exactly does this mean? What needs to be updated and would it really be that bad playing the last version with current version of DEI?

Patrician

eh it means that technically is playable, many values aren't updated and some won't be overwrited and have dei values
    which means that you can play testudo but would be better to wait for the update
    which won't come out soon at all though

is it normal for Rome in 268 BC with 2 mostly full stacks, about half crap troops, and 3 ships to be making 0 money on average taxes? Carthage just grabbed syracuse with one of their death stacks so our relations are dropping, not sure how the Punic war is going to work out for me :O

Patrician

mmhh no, it's undoubtedly low
    not sure why and where... but I always had a good and sustainable economy with rome playing huge
    maybe is just some temporary feature like the scripted corruption and economical trust

DK-Oreo's Avatar Laetus
    small room, sometimes outside, not in prison

Hi Jake,

first of all bigthanks to all of your great work here!! I was a big fan of Rome TotalRealism, from RTR gold/platinum, TIC, FoE and most of all RTRVII, andwhat they did was some next level for Rome 1. Rome 2 DeI reallymade Rome 2 a game to buy, even if it is wasted time in its vanillaCA version, but your mod now is some next level for Rome 2 DeI,which‘ slower pace and more challenging campaign very much elevatedit from really good to grand! So, thanks a lot for this =)

Now some feedbackand some questions probably:

v.1.7, huge, 12turns/year, Seleukids

I wondered if youare still interested in save games? I have saves around every 100turns of a ~ 800 turns Seleukid campaign in which Rome became clientstate to Carthage and later got destroyed by gauls… so quite a niceturn away from the usual campaign paces! Rome was really expandinginto transalpine gaul, belgium and germania but always got repelledby combined germanic and gaulish forces. Just around turn 500suddenly Carthage, which expanded all around the coast of the westernmediterranean almost up to Massalia, declared war on Rome and sweepedover southern Italy like nothing with its numerous full stacks that had been sitting around aimlessly for hundreds of turns… Romedefended itself for ~ 100 turns and their last settlement never gotconquered by Carthage, which was strange, because at numerousoccasions they had multiple stacks at Asculum,besieged it, but besides subjugating them once never did anythingfinal. Maybe they had reached their maximum number of regions foroccupation… not sure. In the end Nervii finished off Rome, having apunic-gaulish Italy in this parallel universe now :-P

Ireally like the economicalchallenge, especially in the first part of the campaign, which waslater kicking in again when I realized it‘s not needed to have ahigh economical trust always and especially not in the late game, while Iwas stacking economical stimulation edict effects for up to 150 turnsuntil then... still waiting to get my loyalty back from them expiring^^ Overall this is really one of the best campaigns I haveever played and I really needed the learning curve to get into it(started some small Pergamon campaign before, but nothing else withtestudo). I‘ll probably continue up to 1000 turns, before Iget bored/out of rpg plans etc., so if you are interested I could upload this savegame as well when I hit the 1000 =)

Now for somefeedback, questions and just whatever comes to my thoughts (thenumbers have no meaning besides for organisation):

1.Rome-Carthage-Script → is it normal not to trigger when Carthagecontrols all of Sicily? It was a really nice twist to the usual paceof dei-campaigns, but as said above until turn ~500 Carthage and Romewere good friends (and Carthage controlled Sicily e.g. Syracuse fromabout turn 100, I think)

2. directly hiring rivalparties generals on high level Imperium (lvl V+) → cost needs to bereduced or you end up having to pay 100k+ for each general… Imanaged to recruit enough generals for my other parties early enoughand quickly remarry if one dies, but if you need someone new in lategame, they are not affordable anymore

3. as alreadymentioned by others, exp. for fleets in guard mode would be good,because my admirals usually get almost no leveling done (there arejust not enough sea battles…) → another point: maybe thethreshold for pirates could be lowered, because they were a realnuisance in antiquity but in game they usually appear too rarely, Ifeel. Also: is it possible for pirates to appear at multiple placesat the same time? (in game only, ofc Unless schizophrenic pirates... Ah, nevermind that part^^) It seems to me, that they can only appear at oneplace on the map at the same time… if it‘s possible it would begreat for them to appear at more than one place and more often

4. As I understandthe politics faction screen, for each rival party there are always twocharacteristics (e.g. pacifist, mogul, etc.) that are set in stone,which are the upper two, & there is one characteristic that is connectedwith the current party leader, which is the lowest symbol of thethree party characteristics. An upgrade to the politics screen wouldbe, if it was a bigger influence who is party leader of the rivalparties, so one needs to manage who will become a future leader ofother parties and give him more gravitas so he is higher in rank (andtherefore will be heir to his party), BUT that means negative effects from party characteristics need to be much higher (and maybe positive a little bit) and generalsshouldn‘t die that early (quite often they die in their 40‘s bythe death script, that is otherwise an excellent addition) → if aplayer does all this effort of managing heirs of rival parties itwould be cool for the death script to start acting from 50+ yearsonward

5. RPGu bodyguardsare so numerous, but there could be even more army slots to really utilise their variety (not fleets,at least I always had enough there), because I really would like totry a small mounted army of 7 units or a small mercenary army of 10for raiding, just roleplaying or whatever, but I cannot afford tolose the slots of my 5 professional armies (on Imperium VI, which isquite a long way to walk from east to west now) and the only way right now would be by cutting down on administrators (e.g. provincialgovernors), which I have 1 each larger province (+ 1 city governoreach 2 region province), which are usually needed, too. Or on my 3 diplomats, which I very much like for rpg reasons (and the loyalty bonus to admit). Now the gamewouldn‘t get easier if I could recruit a small mounted armygroup/mercenary band etc. and if one would want to cheat and becheesy, one could always plant numerous provincial gouvernors in eachregion (which is boring, so I don‘t do it), but by having theactual possibilities of all of these great RPGu bodyguards and notbeing able to use them all, because army slots are still too low, Iwould really plead for raising the army cap even higher. Maybe notfrom the beginning, because it makes sense not to be able to recruitnumerous different bodyguards early game, but as the Imperium levelrises, a sensible raise to the army cap (which doesn‘t only coverthe rising new provinces to be administred by new provincialgovernors) would make the late game more interesting e.g. playingaround with „special forces“ armies, recruitingmercenaries/auxiliaries from every part of your dominion, formingdifferent tactical forces to usual regular or professional armyforces, that would make it much more fun!

Sorry if it's a very long post (actually my first post on the forums altogether), but I hope you can utilise from some of this feedback and keep up your great work!

DK-Oreo's Avatar Laetus

So, I didn't know "" turns into this "lovely smileys"... Anyway, here is the latest savegame of my Seleukid campaign.

TESTUDO - Seleukidai ~800.zip

Quote Originally Posted by DK-Oreo View Post
    3. as alreadymentioned by others, exp. for fleets in guard mode would be good,because my admirals usually get almost no leveling done (there arejust not enough sea battles…)
    seconded. was actually about to ask about this in the main DEI thread cause i assumed it was an issue with the main mod. but yeah I would like to just have a dedicated guy to patrol the Ionium Sea east of Italia but I dont think the decrease in piracy is worth it, if he were at least gaining XP for useful stuff and not stuck at lvl 1 the whole time it might be worth it. also the harbormaster general doesnt gain XP when in port
    thanks for the replies

DK-Oreo's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by justlol View Post
    seconded. was actually about to ask about this in the main DEI thread cause i assumed it was an issue with the main mod. but yeah I would like to just have a dedicated guy to patrol the Ionium Sea east of Italia but I dont think the decrease in piracy is worth it, if he were at least gaining XP for useful stuff and not stuck at lvl 1 the whole time it might be worth it. also the harbormaster general doesnt gain XP when in port
    thanks for the replies
    From my experience not only the harbourmaster but all admirals gain xp when in port... but with big fleets patrolling more than sitting in port, one gets the problem of no-/low-level admirals, yes.

Patrician

well... happy you're liking the gameplay style
    testudo... can be particular and surely isn't for everyone but... if you like and understand its purpose then... yeah can be a nice experience

1) the script is somehow weighted, could be I lowered thresholds too much
    2) you mean the entice intrigue or just the hire a general from the pool?
    3) ah... could be I removed the exp when I added the harbour admin, I'll keep in mind so to re-put it for normal admirals
    4) mmmhhh... most of the stuff you're talking about is hardcoded, don't really think something clean is doable here
    5) you want more armies? there should be a weight pack that rises them for player only (+1 only though)
    it's really easy to set it as you wish
    just go to @@_TESTUDO_1.7_MAIN pack > db > effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables > @@@_TESTUDO_Army_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions
    there you just need to raise the value (which depends on imperium level)

yeah, send me the save games, I always check them so to get a feeling regarding what people is doing and how the mod is responding

Would be great to have a version without RPG units...my only "desire" with Testudo.

I cannot wait for it to update as DEI is unplayable without it, being far too easy mid/late game so I will just have to give it a go.

DK-Oreo's Avatar Laetus

Thanks for the reply. Saw too late my first post got a little bit confused by copy pasting it from word... Anyway, I'll send you the other savegames!

2) I meant directly hiring from the pool. But strangely it changed again and got lower as I expanded (I just saw now). At some point (Imperium Lvl 6, I think) it was more then 100k for hiring a general from the pool. Now it went back to ~75k...

3) about the pirate stuff: I just saw ingame that pirates can appear at multiple places at the same time. They usually just get destroyed before this happens...
    Still, is it possible to make pirates appear more often, e.g. lower the time between them spawning?

4) alright, was just a thought while being on the politics screen almost every turn, so I pondered about possibilities

5) great, thanks. Forgot about the weights pack...

Another question: I was really excited about the RPG-units being introduced in the Alexander submod (marshals of Alexander) and read somewhere in between the ~1500 posts in this thread you were thinking of adding some rpg-units for testudo, which might even have connected effects depending on the rpgu-bodyguard leading the army/fleet... is this still "a thing", so to say?