Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 244964656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

2) oh geez that's a lot... try to recruit less characters... recruit them only when needed not for... collection purposes
    their price raises every time you recruit a new one (and it's hardcoded even if I can balance a little that cost)

3) yes it's possible
    cdir_events_incident_option_junctions_tables > Pirates_cdir_events_incident_option_junctions

5) not sure what I wanna do on that regard. depends on what I wanna do for ror666, could be the difference won't lie anymore through a bg choice but via spawned custom buttons
    same could be for specific units. really not sure
    but yeah... the idea is to amplify the rpgu concept so...
    @bthizle... sorry man but there is no way I'll do a mod without a sort of rpgu feature

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

Hey! I have an issue that I don't know how to solve and it seems I am the only one to have it
    I have the latest version on DeI and I wanted to try your submod as Rome with the 12 TPY
    And as you advised me once, I am now using a kind of custom Total war : Rome 2 - Mod manager to launch the game correctly.

My issue is that when I launch a roman grand campaign, it is not 12 TPY but 4 TPY which bother me. And the mod seems to load because I have the different icons for the generals as they are professional army

The mods enabled are the following:
    @@@@@_TESTUDO_1.7_ROME
    @@@@_TESTUDO_1.7_LARGE_12tpy
    @@@_TESTUDO_1.7_TPY_12tpy
    @@_TESTUDO_1.7_MAIN
    _divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1
    _divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2

Do you have an idea of what am I doing wrong here?

Patrician

yeah, you're not using the official 12tpy mod
    DeI TPY 12

Just getting back into DeI after several months off and came across this submod. It looks fantastic by the way! I was just wondering if there are any videos of it online I can watch to better understand all the nuances. I tried looking online but wasn't successful. If there's a mod overview video or a Let's Play I'd love to take a look.

Patrician

nope there is none

Hello
    I'm back again with questions

So, I'm playing the 12 TPY turn of the submod with Rome and I dont understand how to use the diplomacy. I'm at turn 50~ btw.
    I looked for more information and I just don't understand why it is not working as I should have access to it at the 1st month of each season but that's not the case. I also tried at each turn for 12 turns (a whole year) but I never had the possibility to do some diplomacy
    Do you have any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Patrician

mmh... no, never had this kind of issue

the main concept is that diplomacy is 99% disabled depending on cycle
    - 12tpy: you can start diplomacy during the first month of every season
    - 4tpy: you can start diplomacy on spring and autumn (not in winter and summer)

when the diplomacy is active some options are disabled depending on attitude.
    for example, if you are very friendly with a faction it won't declare war nor break alliances/trade ecc ecc..
    every attitude has its own on/off stuff

-----

if it's not working for you... can't really say what happened
    try to start a new campaign and see if you can have diplomacy (12/4 tpy) as described above.
    If not... really not sure and it's weird that diplo is always inactive, should be always active if something was bugging the scripts

Hi is there any plans to make it compatible with Imperator Augustus campaign? I'm really intrigued!

Patrician

no, there is no plan at all for IA.
    I still am not sure when I'll update it for current dei (well.. for next dei update that should come out soon)
    I'm mostly working on RoR666 lately and probably will remain on it quite a while.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hello Jake, would this mod work with DEI 1.2.7?

Patrician

it's been quite a while since last testudo update, many things aren't updated to last dei values (and some new stuff). technically should be compatible but keep in mind the experience could be a little meh here and there

Hi Jake,

I'm struggling to make a real 4tpy mod for vanilla (personal use) and I don't know the whole databases entries to be altered for that. Buildings costs/ turns, movement, and such I think were not enough. Can you point me what database tables must be changed to fit a more TPY game, please ? I think even in the lua scripts it must to intervene where timetables are present. But can't figure out precisely what. Asked on main Rome 2 forum but to no avail. Also I saw many TPY mods alter the unit recruitment and upkeep cost and can't see the logic. maybe it is one....
    Salve pal and cheers.

Patrician

sorry for the delay

keep in mind that I have 0 knowledge about rome 2 vanilla, never played a single turn and always worked starting from dei packs
    keep also in mind that in testudo I've added a lot of lua stuff so to have dynamic controls over various systems

said that, i'll check testudo packs and do a list of most needed tables

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    sorry for the delay

keep in mind that I have 0 knowledge about rome 2 vanilla, never played a single turn and always worked starting from dei packs
    keep also in mind that in testudo I've added a lot of lua stuff so to have dynamic controls over various systems

said that, i'll check testudo packs and do a list of most needed tables
    Yeah, I will wait. Besides that I suppose tables are the same for vanilla and mods.
    Btw, how the '666' is doing ?
    Cheers.

P.S. Do not jab yourself, we need you here, alive and healthy

Patrician

yeah, tables are the same, I mean I really wouldn't know where to start to mod vanilla game

666 is going on slowly but steadily
    main reason why I've left testudo behind is 'cause I'll be able to do a real testudo version while working on a blank slate

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hello Jake, just wanted to let you know, diplomacy with the latest DEI update is not working at all, you can enter into the negotiations window, and choose who you want to negotiate with! but there's no dialog; just a staring contest I guess

Ji Jake,

I am confused about some things here and maybe you can help a little:

rom_stance_navy_docked rom_force_campaign_mod_local_piracy this_navy -10 for example, means that navy give a faction overall of -10 for banditry reduction (because in effect scopes 'this_navy' is defined at location as
    FORCEWIDE or a region only banditry reduction of -10 ?
    Also, how to simulate that a navy force when docked have a LAND region antibanditry effect and ZERO sea antipiracy effect and viceversa ?
    A little help, maybe ?

Patrician

"rom_stance_navy_docked rom_force_campaign_mod_local_piracy" is not for banditry, should just be an economical % effect, affecting sea trades or stuff like that
    "this_navy" means it's a deployed army effect (well... navy effect), meaning that the army is producing an effect until it meets the effect conditions

to simulate something like that you'll have to script it, 'cause you'll have to register the correct region and apply affect to it through the garrisoned captain (colonel)
    it's not easy to do, sorry, won't help you and I would advice you not to start doing trials 'cause that would need some lua experience

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hello Jake, just wanted to let you know, diplomacy with the latest DEI update is not working at all, you can enter into the negotiations window, and choose who you want to negotiate with! but there's no dialog; just a staring contest I guess
    just done a quick trial with huge rome and works fine
    4tpy: diplomacy will be active in spring and autumn
    12 tpy: every first month of a season

you should have something bugging the scripts, you probably don't have rpgu, vps and all the testudo stuff activated either

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by leonardusius View Post
    Also, how to simulate that a navy force when docked have a LAND region antibanditry effect and ZERO sea antipiracy effect and viceversa ?
    A little help, maybe ?
    wait a sec, this should be easy doable through vanilla stance effect
    since the navy is docked it should count as garrisoned in the settlement hence registering the correct region automatically

try to apply a noticeable effect (like a +100 banditry with a "this_force_local_region_any" scope)
    "rom_stance_navy_docked" effect bundle key inside "effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables"