Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1944596061626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

I lost all my excel spreadheets this summer when the hdd crashed
    I don't have them no more so the only place to check them is through pfm/rpfm

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I lost all my excel spreadheets this summer when the hdd crashed
    I don't have them no more so the only place to check them is through pfm/rpfm
    Terribly sad to hear that. In that case I'll start gathering the current min and maxes as I test and soon enough I'll have them all and can hand them to you

Patrician

thank you
    I may need that thing yeah

also... gonna overhaul rpgu pretty much sooner or later
    since I can now handle things differently via new UI interfaces

you have everything you need for start playing in posts #1/2/3
    open the very first spoiler in post #1
    specifically, for trust vps: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-dec-01-19
    Thank you very much for a pointer! It is a bit hard to dissect what exactly goes where, and economic impact is not even mentioned upfront but more like a backdrop.
    Which brings me to another point, Is there any way I can disable Economic trust? Couldn't find anything related in TURTLE parts.

Patrician

mmhhh... honestly removing the economical trust won't be good at all
    it will just make the game easier, too easier
    if you're searching for a softer experience use some weight packs, they can help you about that
    or even play at easy difficutly

economical trust is a math curve... leave it be, just check it once every 8/12 turns and if you have good loyalty then enact the intrigue for boosting it a little
    it should be easy to remove... but I would prefer not to tell you how to...
    if you absolutely want that (please, don't) pm me and I'll write instructions or do a pack
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; December 21, 2020 at 03:24 PM.

Thank you very much for this great submod! It is clearly impressive technically and there's a lot of great mechanics and thoughts put into it.

I enjoy the harder challenge and not really interested in painting the map in my color, so I like the pace you have established in the submod.
    So far a lot of the changes are really up my alley (diplomacy, movement, cultural tension and new values, political events etc.)

But I also enjoy building up the economy. And this part is heavily butchered in TESTUDO in favor of difficulty.
    - The income increase % are so small and the PO maluses are so harsh that you have to invest heavily into PO and other misc. buildings
    - Which means that you can't really build a heavy hitting economical TALL powerhouse
    - You have to spread your economy thin, and it favors WIDE gameplay which I'm not really a fan of.
    - Then it's further balanced by extra maluses when you grow WIDE.

It's a vicious cycle of always being on the edge. Which I understand(stall mid-late game is very prelevant in Rome)
    All of these points bother me a bit but I am happy to play something new and difficult.

====

However, the Economic Trust really turns me off.
    - It's convoluted and there are so many numbers that just never adds up
    - On top of that they are never explained anywhere in detail. I have no idea how to AFFECT 90% of them.
    - The only adjustable number which I noticed provides the BIGGEST(2x,5x,10x) impact is ... Your treasury
    - You have to be always half broke to have a positive economic trust. You literally can't afford to have enough money in the treasury to afford T3 building without being on the edge/having negative trust multiplier.

I understand the money circulation logic behind that, but it's poorly implemented imo. Having a strong treasury has nothing to do with the economic circulation and inflation. Being broke ass all the time is not an indicator of a healthy economy.
    And it also is absolutely passive mechanic that punishes you when you are down and rewards you when everything is fine. I couldn't find any reasonable handle to PLAY with this game mechanic. In terms of gameplay it might have been a single indicator which limits the amount of treasury you can have. Because that's literally how I see it.
    Perhaps I'm missing something ?
    ====

But more importantly, it's radically contrasts my gamestyle. I LIKE to hoard and prepare. And I enjoy upgrading all the cities/buildings at once etc. I like building my economy in phases.
    I like big numbers.

I have only bonuses to income from it right now(Trust level 3+) so removing it would only make my game harder. But it would also make it more enjoyable.

Hope my points make sense =) But If I'm really wrong on how this mechanic works I would be glad to learn more.

Cheers!

Patrician

Glad you like it

without the economical trust you wouldn't feel on the edge
    that's exactly its main purpose, lower your treasury when you're too rich, helping when you're poor
    without the economical trust (and corruption) you'll start steamrolling

there is only one value about treasury: the turn income
    let's make an example
    let's say that testudo lets you earn 1000 gold per turn, in 100 turns (which aren't many for testudo) you'll have 100k
    let's say that without the eco trust you earn 2000, in 100 turns you'll have 200k
    what does it means? that in the first example you won't steamroll, in the second you will
    it seems really simple to me

hoard and prepare: that's another way to call a steamroll imo
    I really don't want any type of steamrolling in testudo (not wide at least), which means that as first thing I need to control how the treasury is filled.
    otherwise... simple as that... you'll end up steamrolling

If we speak about a sensation then... I may understand you
    but since a videogame is pure math... that sensation shouldn't be considered in light of those pure math events

explaining you how the trust works isn't easy, it's the outcome of 5000 scripted lines inside 3 different sheets, there are tons of things considered
    what it's important is what it does: it makes you feel on the edge

anyway, I'll see to pm you a pack where it is removed.
    You may enjoy that more than vanilla testudo packs, fun is relative ofc, but simply it's not what I want to do with this submod

Just checking in Jake, to see how things progress and what we might hope for in next update.

Always hoping that trade regions and the warscore/improved diplomacy might be implemented to return to DeI/Testudo
    Last edited by gnosis89; December 31, 2020 at 04:55 PM.

Patrician

I'm building template systems for ror666, and I'll use testudo as a sort of tester
    for updating testudo to dei 127 I'll have to do a lot of basic changes, not sure what I'll add tbh

I'm building template systems for ror666, and I'll use testudo as a sort of tester
    for updating testudo to dei 127 I'll have to do a lot of basic changes, not sure what I'll add tbh
    Well, ROR looks interesting but I assume that is taking up most of your time then so Testudo will be somewhat placed on the backburner?

Patrician

who knows... it's just an hobby, don't think so though
    Fact is that I'm doing technical tests lately, so to understand how to build ror666
    I have a lot of plans but regarding developing timelines... nope... I don't have them

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Best wishes with your plans

Patrician

thanks

Patrician

well... it's not entirely true that testudo won't have anything new
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What is that suppose to be Jake? Another population mechanic? Doubtful it has anything to do with trading regions...but hopeful. And hopeful Testudo gets more attention than the rome666 campaign...

Patrician

buttons for playing a little with pop tiers, yeah
    since I surely need to rebalance testudo's pop, I'll add that thing so player can have a little more control, at a cost ofc

trading regions will come later, it's complex to be done

i'll start using testudo as a sort of ror666 test, but that doesn't change anything about plans at the end

Patrician

As a note:
    Testudo is technically compatible with DeI 1.2.7 Public Beta
    There are things to be fixed though, undoubtedly

I'm getting a repeated crash with Testudo, on returning to the campaign map after finishing a battle. Happened both with DEI 1.26 and 1.27, and on both 4tpy and 12tpy.

It happens with the first battle of any campaign - the battle is fine, but once it comes back to the campaign map it hangs on the animation of the two figures fighting. Any ideas what is causing it? Anyone else have the same problem?

It only affects Testudo, not 'vanilla' DEI.

Patrician

upload a save done before the battle please
    I need faction and list of packs you were using

Quick save before the campaign is here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wlk1i...Save.save/file

Playing as Ptolemy, mod list:

@@@@@@@@@@@@_GRAPHICS_new
    @@@@@_TESTUDO_1.7_PTOLEMAIOI
    @@@@_TESTUDO_1.7_MEDIUM_12tpy
    @@@_TESTUDO_1.7_TPY_12typ
    @@_TESTUDO_1.7_MAIN
    1Divide et Impera 12 Turns Per Year Submod
    @@@@fixpack127
    Divide et Impera Part 1
    Divide et Impera Part 3