Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26516667686970717273747576
Results 1,501 to 1,518 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

The next update will have new startpos, I think old startpos save games will crash
    but that should be for any DeI, vanilla or submods

since I won't update testudo I recommend keep playing it with current dei version (even better... an older version, the summer/20 version)

Dominatrixx's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

So no more updates for this sub-mod?

I register just to say that this is far best mod and far best play i ever had with total war. I am playing Rome n/n large, on turn 100 and it is great, great experience. Only bug i ecounter so far is "son coming of age" message. From submod i use more diplomatic options where i disable province gifts and file for movement-0 because it was redicilous to sail eg over adriatic in five turns. Great work. Trully masterpiece this Testudo.

Patrician

I doubt I'll do
    never say never but as for now is no

tell me how to increase the influence of the ruling party. I do not understand. In dei there was a button to get support. This is not here. I cannot figure out how to increase my influence.
    tell me how to increase the influence of the ruling party. I do not understand. In dei there was a button to get support. This is not here. I cannot figure out how to increase my influence.

Hello. Tell me how to install this submod on a pirate? I have a version with Russian localization.

Patrician

talking about piracy is not allowed in TWC man, please refrain before a moderator notice this

Tell me how to make the names of the scripts in English. They work, but their names are empty I play with Russian localization

Patrician

not sure what names you're talking about
    ask the russian guy who did the DeI russian loc mod
    doing other language mods is a pain to do

Bro all im gona say is thank you this was one of the sickest mods i've ever played. I remember my first campaign as Egypt it was one of the Campaigns that you will always remember in the endless mirage of others.... so legendary ... all the meticulous planning and memorable captures.....

Patrician

nice
    yeah, that was the purpose of the submod
    more strategy, more management, more long period decisions
    less battles, since having a big battle every couple of turn or so becomes frustrating imo

keep tuned on ror666, that's where I'll probably bring testudo to better versions

First of all, This mod is Great and it opened my eyes how good this game can be. Since I reach turn 200+ as Rome and I am continuing using testudo tables as fundation for my wip mod for 12tpy Rise of Republic (vanilla dei storyline) I'll mention some points to be improved hopefully in 666 mod.
    -After 200+ turns on Large, game enter stallmate...or slowed steamroll. AI seems to stop or reduce recruiting new armies, and mostly I had feeling like "AI don't want to play" anymore. Noone is declaring wars to me. I am steel weak to attack on Chartage, with PO problems in Italy which in this stage of the game is just burden. Number of characters, generals, spouses, is in this point to big and I can't find them interesting anymore. Battles are now rare, dilemmas repeating. Time to abandon campaign. It does not help in this stage I was playing all battles on normal, and I am winning almost every battle easily.
    -Rome should have client states not satrapies. Client states are harder to control and less useful than satrapies. Otherwise satrapies tend to solve your wars. You re Rome, you should occupy.
    - Number of characters is too high and tend to rise. And I just controlled Italy and Adriatic coast. Too much characters, less they are interesting.
    -Garrisoned generals are getting promoted indeed too quickly and offer too much bonuses.
    -Number of types of rpg units better to be reduced. LESS IS MORE. Indeed mostly is used regular army and drllmaster, altought last one is just unneccessary step to get cheaper troops.
    -These characters live hundreds of turns now. Cost in money and influence should be adjusted accordingly to 12tpy. Ok, I found most of dei diplomacy needs to be adjusted accordingly, with send diplomat and province gifts as nonsens, cheap political assassinations and cheap spouses. I am working on this in my mod. Send diplomat function is best to be disabled if not reprogramed.
    -Rebellion is also bit broken mechanic. It is used only to build xp for your generals on these poor rebellion armies.
    -AI should be slightly more agressive. Not stupid world war agressive like in hardcore mod, but bit more likely to declare war and attack.
    -Reliability of AI should be reduced in cai tables slightly to have more devious, treachery characters, but again not like in hardcore mod where everyone is devious-aggressive. I found AI should be less reliable for more interesting game.
    -Movement ranges per turn should be increased both for navy and armies (current sweetspot i found just slightly less than vanilla). It gives more realism back and I found AI is more likely to perform attacks when movement is increased.
    -Ramming Ai transport is easy way to destroy ai defense in all coastal settlements. AI is tend to sent armies on sea onto raiding fleet where my fleet massacre them. That way I defetaed Phyrus without any battle needed to be fought on land. Only ramming armies and nothing else. What a waste of game potential! Of course it is known dei-vannila fault, not testudo, but shoul take ome steps to reduce this effect.
    -Multiturn recruitment is must for 12 tpy.

-Good game is about: visual, immersion, challenge and ballancing. I found last is hardest to obtain. Recommend adjusting and retesting values for upkeep and recruitment as keys for ballancing, both for ai and player. Those few numbers are about balanced game or not.

Hoping my feedback will help in your future work and rotr 666.

Patrician

thanks for the feedback, i could comment some parts but... I'm not gonna update testudo anymore
    as soon as new dei 123 will come out (really soon) it will become obsolete

i hope I'll have the time and will (together with other guys ofc) to develop this ror666 to a next level point, we'll see

That's a shame, I really enjoyed this mod.

Will the turtle movement packs be compatible with 1.3 once it is released?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Tadeusz11 View Post
    Will the turtle movement packs be compatible with 1.3 once it is released?
    yeah, they are always compatible with anything

Patrician

THIS SUBMOD HASN'T BEEN UPDATED SINCE A LOT OF TIME
    USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Hey Jake, I recall a nice little feature in your mod where unit experience would decay. Could you explain how this was done (script? some coefficient governing exp retention when a unit recovers lost troops?). For a simple change, it really had a positive impact on game play, it made me much less attached to veterans, less hesitant to merge units and disband armies after campaigns.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

unit exp should decay by default
    i think the fact that thresholds are much bigger makes you feel that
    I surely inserted some limitations through various effects (coming from lot of things), but nothing that is specifically aimed for that, like a custom script ie