Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.02/20]

(Sorry if this messages appears more than one time... I'm new in this forum -veteran reading but first time replying-)

Hi Jake, congrats for your great work. Still pending to test this version deeply but seems that will add tons of layers for strategic gameplay

I'm eager to begin a new campaign next weekend but I would like to play it, if possible, with the "diplomatic limitator regarding army distances"... In the case that you need more time to re-do the script, will be this adding "save-game compatible"?? (I mean, can I start the campaign with the current version and get, once you finish the script, the limitator function or only will be available for new campaigns?)

Thanks a lot for sharing with us such a gorgeous work!!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.02/20]

I have to fix a couple of things regarding the new DIGS/DAIA features and yes, implement the army distances.
    I'll probably release everything officially this weekend but the 1.7 version is fully playable, I'm at 150 turns with media and everything seems pretty fine anyway.
    Yes, everything will be save game compatible (99% should be, hope I won't have to separate scripts)

When do the Marian reforms kick in on 4tpy?

Patrician

go to post #2
    under dei changed scripts
    under reform
    open the spoiler and you'll have all the data

sheet is still missing media's reforms, have to update it

Cheers, thanks!

Sweet mod by the way, I'm really enjoying it.

I'm way past the reform date, I must have forgotten to research a technology.

What happens at the different army sizes (ie 1-2/3-4/5-6)? I looked over the rpgu post, but it doesn't seem to be explained.

What's the intended role for levy army commanders? I was thinking of using them for suppressing rebels, but the stats compared to a professional army just don't seem favorable. Even for light troops, which the levy army gets bonuses for and the professional army maluses, the professional army still has 6.3% higher defence and 9% higher attack for light units, for only 4.2% difference in upkeep costs. Then I was thinking of using the levy commander for reinforcements, but it has a heavy infantry bodyguard unit with a speed of 2, so he'll get badly outpaced by the light troops he's leading to the front line. How do you make use of this commander?

Patrician

Thx

last time I checked reforms they were working fine, give it a try with the purple tech, other wise send me a savegame

every army size threshold (ie 1-2/3-4/5-6) defines slight variations regarding every effect bundle, I have a huge excel file with which I built all the ranges

i would advice remaining inside a sort of conceptual differentiation
    levy is the less costly but the weakest and the less active regarding start map effects (po, banditry, culture things like that). It's also better for low tier and ranged units
    regular is in the middle
    professional is the opposite of levy, + better for heavy infantry

so, yeah, I usually use levies for risky but inactive border patrols or as side armies for reg/pro, in the case I have to do big conquests and battles.
    something like a 16 units professional + 8 units levy + 4 units mounted
    as an example

could be that % numbers aren't perfectly set, not so easy to do that.
    i will revise them when I'll work on rpgu units (not BG only) where the bg will have less impact in favour of custom units

The reform not triggering could also be due to the imperium level. Didn't even think about these other requirements before, as they're never a bottleneck in normal games lol.

If the levy commander had a cavalry body guard so he can retreat from battle, and the army limits for using ambush was raised, they'd be pretty interesting and definitely have a role in my campaign. The ambush limit of 7 units is pretty weak, and without the ability to retreat it's basically a suicide mission.
    Last edited by Cool_Ranch; August 07, 2020 at 06:27 AM.

Piros's Avatar Libertus

After 80 turns and it's hard for me to stay green, and with this mod I can't put any army positioning to improve happiness.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have taken a new province and I have 10 shifts of rebellions, even having 3 agents ....... which I have taken from my capital, which makes my negativity go down

https://gyazo.com/a0e775908f4cbaadb5405c020fe80260
    10 turns of rebellions and what remains, and that I am in difficulty of normal campaign.............

ssss
    Last edited by Piros; August 07, 2020 at 08:11 AM.

Patrician

@ cool
    yeah I got what you say but i prefer giving them more specific tasks, so that player, sooner or later, think: geez... I should have recruited the other one
    testudo is mainly built on, hope so, pretty correct limitations so to have the player thinking and take decisions, knowing he'll have good and bad things in the same time

@ piros
    I see a 48 there, that's honestly really good. having 50+ and 75+ is pretty rare, that's on purpose

in the second condition:
    - have urb and/or land admins depolyed
    - leave an army there, armies in normal stance give po bonuses (similar to patrol)
    - first skill choice for a general should always be the adim one, + po, + tax for every char deployed
    - remove taxes, man you have -12, it means you should be at high
    with testudo you should remain between removed till normal, mostly. just when you need some extra money next turn then use high/very high
    take it slow, taxes are linked to the economical trust and it's better to keep that curve positive (which also gives some po bonuses)

testudo is meant... to be this way, it forces you to play chess.
    if you think it's not for you then just quit, or maybe try it with tiny packs.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 07, 2020 at 08:42 AM.

Piros's Avatar Libertus

Turn 83

and here my taxes, with a medium level I have -12 of discomfort xd

and my general garrisoned

and......

and building

all this only for a city, medium difficulty, and choice of medium pack

How can I increase this factor?

Last edited by Piros; August 07, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

Patrician

you have something bugging the scripts, you don't have any testudo army effect
    and you probably don't have the faction ones either
    that's the reason, you miss tons of scripted things, which are obviously 100% necessary, otherwise you are just playing a bugged game

YOU MUST USE PACKS COMING FROM POST #1115 ONLY, VERSION 1.7

have a look here, and confront with your game
    you basically miss a dozen of effects and the entire economical trust system
    set things right and start a new campaign

also, check these links so to have an idea about what's actually inside testudo
    i know it's boring but spend 10 minutes of your time
    when you see that a mod have tons of written things it means there are reasons and it's worth reading them

PIGS (political overhaul): https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?793347-SUBMOD-a-Political-Overhaul-PIGS-Alpha_02-(DeI-1-2-5)-upd-jun-09-19
    DIGS (diplomatic limitator):
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15879401
    RPGu (role playing bodyguards/units): https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-dec-01-19
    VPS (virtual points system): https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-upd-dec-01-19
    #2 POST: check #2 post for other TESTUDO features

to install properly, follow the instructions inside download spoiler in #1 post (there is an example inside that spoiler)
    here are the major notes but better if you read #1 post

1) Pick the @@_TESTUDO_MAIN pack
    2)
    Choose one of the @@@_TESTUDO_TPY (4/12) packs
    3) Choose one of the @@@@_TESTUDO_Paces (T/S/M/L/H) packs
    4)
    Choose one of the @@@@@_TESTUDO_Pick_Faction packs

< Then >

A) Put the chosed packs into the data folder (..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data)
    B) Remember to revert to the old manager: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.
    C) Start Rome II
    D) In Mod Manger, check "Enable Out of Date Mods"
    E) Make sure all chosed packs are checked green. Their load order should be ok. It is given by the number of @, the more they are the more previous the mod is loaded/must be loaded
    F) Play TESTUDO

-----

are you using other submods?
    make a list please
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 07, 2020 at 02:06 PM.

Piros's Avatar Libertus

Patrician

campaign camera
    camera mods alter the main campaign script and so they remove all the callbacks for testudo
    remove it
    gonna check what it does and eventually release a compatibility patch

if you have some basic competence with PFM/RPFM I can explain you what to do btw

Here are the main compatibility infos
    I forgot to put camera packs, gonna do it now

Compatibility:

- Play it at NORMAL DIFFICULTY (both for campaigns and battles)
    - For GRAND CAMPAIGN only
    -
    NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE
    - TESTUDO 1.7 already includes PIGS, DIGS, RPGu and VPS submods
    - Do NOT USE ANY OTHER MOD with TESTUDO (except for graphical - you can't use Gerula's -, tpy)
    - Do NOT USE CAMERA MODS with TESTUDO
    - Do
    NOT MIX UP 4tpy packs with 12tpy packs
    - For a 12TPY CAMPAIGN load the OFFICIAL DeI 12TPY SUBMOD too
    - NOT MULTIPLAYER friendly
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 07, 2020 at 04:14 PM.

Piros's Avatar Libertus

deactivate camera mod and nothing, then deactivate everything except divide et rule and this mod and nothing does not appear in the photo as it does in you

PD: other game with cartage

https://gyazo.com/d89363f98bd7ddb85b40850f9f775303

https://gyazo.com/c77bbfc2e915e6b6dae30128f19914ab

https://gyazo.com/a7a7dba4b5f9848799a0ff287781d9ae
    Last edited by Piros; August 08, 2020 at 09:08 AM.

Patrician

mmhhh, there is surely some issue on your end

you can try 2 ways

1)
    a. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager. And then put just what you need.
    b. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    c. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.

2)
    use mitch mod loader (instructions are for DeI vanilla, you'll obviously have to put testudo mods inside data folder)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/di18t5d3zqund83/file

Piros's Avatar Libertus

Before playing this mod, I had rome 2 uninstalled ........

Patrician

it's probably not sufficient to simply dis-activate the camera mod, erase it from the data folder
    or use point 2)
    or use kaedrin mod manager https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1399787504

Patrician

TESTUDO 1.7 FULLY RELEASED

some good news (updated description):

- 5 factions more
    - updated to last DeI version
    - rebalanced a lot of things
    - fixed some bugs
    - AI should have less agents now
    - AI will be slower to build
    - a new DIGS system regarding a combination between realistic treaty script and de ai arbitris so to limit and have more historical AI conquests --> (PROPERLY FIXED)
    - reworked completely the autoresolve (AI vs AI) -->
    (PROPERLY FIXED)
    - min/maj culture now is affected by the real percentage of soldiers inside an army (thanks to MrTimbe for the script)
    - rebalanced trade for the economical trust and added a new faction effect based on trades
    - reworked the corruption trust effect (less hardcore)
    - overall, should be slightly easier
    - updated both Turtle_Parts and Turtle_Weights (re-download them if you were using some)

Some bad news :

So... I did everything I wanted to do except
    - the diplomatic limitator depending on distances... yeah, I made some progresses but it produces heavy lags, really too much, the things it has to retrieve for every faction are too heavy. I'll see if I can find a solution.
    At this point it will jump (if lags are solved) to 1.7.1
    - the diplomatic VPS system, it has been begun but not finished

DOWNLOAD ARE INSIDE #1 POST
    IT'S SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE WITH PREVIOUS 1.7 VERSION

have fun

ps. gonna do the alternative phalanx packs soon
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 09, 2020 at 02:50 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20]

Thx Jake!!