Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 328434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Jake, my good sir. As always wonderful work and promptness. I thought perhaps it'd be prudent to post the DAIA(?) Ai Arbitirs type files you posted a few pages back on the main page with brief descriptions so that people who are unaware of those can use them (I know I'd like it, and if I didn't know they were on page 50 or whatever they are I'd never come across them otherwise.

I also thought today...you should really open on a patron or something along those lines. You have done so much incredible work and have been very responsive helping us further enjoy this game that I imagine many of us would be more than willing to help you and give thanks in a more practical manner for all your time and effort.

EDIT:

I just noticed that Thrones of Britannia was on sale and asked in the main DeI forum what other DeI fans think of it. I'm particularly interested in what Testudo players think of it as DeI WITH testudo is my preference. As for mod recommendations

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...8#post15905728
    Not meant to hijack the Testudo thread in any way so please reply there.
    Last edited by gnosis89; April 27, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I've used your savegame but I don't have any problem at all.
    I can hire 3 chalkaspides and the next turn (with a normal autumn) 2 are recruited and 1 is still looping.
    Also, pop +/- seemd fine to me.

Could be you have a problem at your end but... honestly I've never seen anyone with that bug.
    Nor it has ever happened to me once since alpha versions of testudo.
    Try to check if you have something conflicting, reverify cache, things like that.
    Do you have all the other testudo icons? for characters, faction
    Does DIGS work? You should be able to use diplomacy on alternate turns.
    Jake, I think I've found the problem.

Deactivating the different mods one by one it seems that the issue was caused by the Movement Turtle Part (the one that gives +30).

Does it make any sense to you?

Cheers for the reply Jake!

Just a thought I'd share and welcome any comment/tips on the subject. The agent spam seems really, really bad. At least when it comes for the bigger nations like Carthage. I ended up having to give up Karalis due to their people causing constant rebellion. They even literally blocked my army from being able to march into Panormos in Sicily. Here is a link to a couple of these instances.

I love the grind of fighting Carthage, their constant navies and fairly numerous armies feels relatively fair and challenging. But this agent spam combined with the already difficulty of holding onto a city makes it incredibly tedious. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong :/

https://imgur.com/a/CjOUPrL

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@gnosis
    No problem, post the packs you want wherever and whenever you want.
    I'll see to put a link inside #1 post but I think I already did a different one which is covering some lacks coming from DV.
    I don't want to bother much with any "DAIA" version 'cause I'll do it my own way, one day.

patreon: no thx, I think patreon is a poop site where you just cheat chicken people, I'm the kind of person who likes to see people in their eyes when I do something and get paid for, but that's for job.
    Modding is just an hobby where I train my brain inside logical fields I don't have to bother with, during RL.
    If you want, you can join DeI's patreon channel, Dresden has expenses for maintaining the site, open competitions and things like that.

@jean
    mmmh no... it doesn't make much sense... maybe if you exit the game and load a different movement pack. I know that the movement difference is applied from next turn, could be it bugs something for the current one? Can't say
    Btw... are you really using the +30 movement? I consider it as a huge error honestly, you should never use anything above -5/-10 for testudo. For gameplay reasons.
    Really, listen to me, if you're playing medium stay put with -15 (included inside medium testudo) or -10 at max.

@emperor

That's not good at all... I'll see if I can do something.
    I think the only solution is retrieving how many agents of the same AI factions are in the same region and kill some of them if they go over a threshold.
    You can't differently limit agent numbers between player and AI.
    Btw, I added just one for every imperium level, or something like that, can't remember

@gnosis
    I'll see to put a link inside #1 post but I think I already did a different one which is covering some lacks coming from DV.
    I don't want to bother much with any "DAIA" version 'cause I'll do it my own way, one day.

patreon: no thx, I think patreon is a poop site where you just cheat chicken people, I'm the kind of person who likes to see people in their eyes when I do something and get paid for, but that's for job.
    Modding is just an hobby where I train my brain inside logical fields I don't have to bother with, during RL.
    If you want, you can join DeI's patreon channel, Dresden has expenses for maintaining the site, open competitions and things like that.

@jean
    mmmh no... it doesn't make much sense... maybe if you exit the game and load a different movement pack. I know that the movement difference is applied from next turn, could be it bugs something for the current one? Can't say
    Btw... are you really using the +30 movement? I consider it as a huge error honestly, you should never use anything above -5/-10 for testudo. For gameplay reasons.
    Really, listen to me, if you're playing medium stay put with -15 (included inside medium testudo) or -10 at max.

@emperor

I think the only solution is retrieving how many agents of the same AI factions are in the same region and kill some of them if they go over a threshold.
    Btw, I added just one for every imperium level, And r something like that, can't remember
    Hi, Jake. I've made new discoveries.

I've checked the other movement packs and it seems that the only ones causing this are the +30 and +25. From +20 and below, the issue is gone. The thing is that I'm also playing full AOH with AE and PIGS with the +30 pack and I've never experienced such a problem, so I guess the conflict must be between Testudo and these two movement packs.

About the movement pack I use, playing 4TPY I really hate the unrealistically slowness of the armies without it (though movement speed is still not perfect with it). Playing with the -10 you suggest, it takes three spring turns to cross Makedon from west to east. That's 9 months. From my point of view that's ridiculous and I simply can't stand it. With a speed like that, Alexander would have died old long before reaching India.

I understand that Testudo is conceived to be played 12TPY. I've tried it and I liked it. It's more strategical and the armies speed can be adjusted to feel much more realistic. But I'm an old Total War player who liked to see the king's son born, grow, reign and die (old if possible). And I would like to see the II BC century of the game (never did). But I'm also an impatient player who gets bored easily and it's impossible for me to think of playing a 900 turns campaign.

Patrician

uh... weird... really can't say why they work with aoh+ae+pigs and not with testudo...
    there is no technical reason on earth why should be this way... they should always work with any Rome2 pack, vanilla or rome...
    buh...

Sure, I get what you're saying but... ok for the families... but movement... the game is just an approximation, is much more important to have strategical movement rather than to be realistic.
    Also 'cause if you really would have to put it realistic you would be able to cover half the entire map in a single turn, more or less...
    If you have ever played M2TW mods having large maps (TATW DaC is an example) you'll get the feeling of what I'm trying to reproduce.
    Anyway... you can obviously pick what you prefer.

@emperor

Btw, I added just one for every imperium level, or something like that, can't remember
    To be honest I wouldn't be dissapointed to just have them out of the game entirely, maybe just keep governors. But I'm sure that brings a whole new level of problems

I'm just not really sure what to do in this current play-through though. I don't mind restarting but I imagine I'll just get the same issue eventually. The agents are just following my army around constantly, blocking its movement every now and then https://imgur.com/a/Y7zCUQI
    I tried throwing my champions and spies at them but I am yet to kill or hurt a single one. I don't mean to bicker or take up too much of your time though mate. I'm sure I'll find some way around it.

Patrician

geez
    well... maybe AI is actually using its intelligence to stop you... never saw something like that.
    I'll see to do a cheating external pack for killing AI agents just by selecting them, it's the only solution, I think.

lol the game is gaming the game

That might be a good solution for when it gets excessive like this. I wonder if anybody else has had this issue in their campaigns with the latest testudo update. Have you heard anything Jake?

EDIT: OMG! Carthage just went full Hannibal and sent a army through the alps Took my northern town but then was slaughtered by a quick merc army I through together for a town defense. This ai is next level mate
    Last edited by TheLonelyEmperor; April 29, 2020 at 06:35 PM.

Patrician

Have you heard anything Jake?
    Nope, never seen nor heard about anyone having all those agents bundled together

by a quick merc army I through together for a town defense
    just curios, led by which RPGu? Mercenary?

-----

Here is a SELECT_and_KILL_AI pack.

You select any AI character, you erase it.
    Works for entire armies (when you have allied armies sunbathing for years in your region)
    Works for any agent

Just put the pack, select the characters you wanna erase, exit the game and reload it without the pack, otherwise you'll risk to erase some AI you don't want to...
    ... smart people shouldn't abuse it obviously.
    Use it as a pragmatical workaround until I'm not able to build complex and automatic systems. Possibly.

Compatible with anything inside Testudo (you can't use it outside Testudo). Save game compatible (try from next turn if it doesn't work)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/1yd3n...L_AI.pack/file

Thanks a lot Jake, I'll check it out!
    And I actually forgot about the Merc general and used a regular one. Would there have been a great difference in the army itself? It only lasted a turn as I disbanded after due to recruiting a proper army afterwards so I didn't get to see any negatives.

Patrician

Well, no if you just recruit and disband during the same turn there is no difference which rpgu you pick
    But if you wait 1 turn you'll see differences for merc BG: less costly and upkeeped mercs, better merc stats, better merc replenishment (with some maluses to civic effects though)

@gnosis

@jean

@emperor

I didn't see a link to it in post#1? Now I'm curious too, because I'm not certain the pack I am using is the newest one covering that which lacks from DV...

Patrician

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lb4vif..._DAIA.zip/file

should be buried somewhere some pages above

I'll check it again and add into #1 post when I'll release 1.6.3
    I have to say, honestly, that I don't like much the way it's done, it's too rigid, doing that via db is too rigid.
    But I perfectly get it could be a good alternative pack for some users.

Great, thank you Jake.

Not to rush or anything, just out of curiosity when do you "expect" to release 1.6.3, and more importantly what will it contain?

Patrician

Err... may I confess I have... no idea?
    I've done a lot of things (speaking of various hobbies) during quarantine but I haven't finished not even one...
    regarding modding, I've prepared the backbone for war weariness, begun checking how to add custom buttons and some trials for some new DIGS features.

Anyway, DeI 125c will come out soon and I'll see to transform the 1.6.3 to exp battle compatibility + some minor things most probably.

Patrician

TESTUDO 1.6.2 ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH 125c UPDATE
    WAIT FOR NEW PACKS OR PLAY IT WITH 125b

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

For me, the issue of clicking a unit to recruit and then nothing happens only occurs after moving the army. Does muster stance require a certain amount of movement points and that is why?

Patrician

you can't recruit anything if you have less than half movement point
    that's so since testudo 1.2, I think

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Is there any way to put a tooltip somewhere for that? Or is there one already? I only know we can see mustering stance while we are in it but if they cannot enter muster and they don't know why it might be confusing. I really like all the new changes btw, it's really refreshing. I'm super hyped for 125c and Testudo together, the battle updates sound like they will be really awesome.