Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

Hi Jake,
    I encountered a mod where I think it's a problem with lua script and the corespondent of it in campaigns---main rome---scripting. In campaigns---main rome---scripting are mentioned at the last lines this:
    local dev = require "lua_scripts.dev"
    require "lua_scripts.historical_events"
    require "lua_scripts.logging_callbacks"
    require "lua_scripts.ui"

But in lua_scripts db are this ones:
    -dev.lua
    -historical_events.lua
    -logging_callbacks.lua
    -util.lua
    -world.lua
    My puzzle are:
    1. local dev = require "lua_scripts.dev" syntax which I guess is wrong
    2. why util.lua and world.lua aren't mentioned in campaigns---main rome---scripting ?
    Thank you for your help.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.3 (DeI 1.2.2L1) + various specific MODULES [may 06/18]- ONLY MOVEMENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH 1.2.3.beta

Can you send me the pack via PM?
    Afaik and as afar as I tested, name must be correct. Seems strange and problematic to me too.
    The missing ones should be some lines before, or so usually they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Can you send me the pack via PM?
    Afaik and as afar as I tested, name must be correct. Seems strange and problematic to me too.
    The missing ones should be some lines before, or so usually they are.
    Check PM. I asked the author but of no use. No response.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [aug.25/18]

TESTUDO 1.4 IS OUT!

Check OP for description 'cause I've changed and rebalanced more or less a lot of things.
    Hope packs are ok!
    Cheers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 25, 2018 at 06:17 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [aug.25/18]

Ahhhh Jake! I've been eagerly checking this topic out every day in anticipation of this release and finally its here! Now I can finally begin my new campaign as I didn't want to start without it. Thank you so much for the work you put into this. Its everything I wanted in a DeI campaign and is perfect. I would give you unlimited rep if I could

EDIT: The cultural differences in Latium are actually getting worse. I own the whole province and my owning Latin cultural % is decreasing. What am I not doing which is causing this? With the People's Trust aspect, how exactly is trust gained? Winning battles, taking cities, building and developing cities? Does this just cause trust levels to rise or is it more intricate?
    Last edited by ltsweeting; August 26, 2018 at 04:05 AM.

Patrician

fun is the only reason I'm making this!

Yeah, cultural tensio is severed, in latium should go down till you lose majority culture (depending on pack and if you do nothing) and then go up again. Maybe too much, some deeper tests will clarify this.
    People trust is still on beta, playabale but not a great feature yet. Trust points come from many things (script libraries, they cover quite everything) and they will be "overhauled" (like other things about people trust). Then there are effects depending on new features for general. For now just play as it is, let it flow. One day it will be developed and explained properly.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 26, 2018 at 06:20 AM.

a bit silly question,if i want to play ''testudo huge''do i need the 12tpy submod also?or i am covered with the huge pack only?nevermind the question i just saw the ansewr in the first comment.
    Last edited by Giwrgos Stamos; August 26, 2018 at 07:48 AM.

Patrician

^ Please report impressions if you have time and will

Quote Originally Posted by leonardusius View Post
    Check PM. I asked the author but of no use. No response.
    Check pm.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [upd: aug.25/18]

^ Yup, not today though

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a slower and harder DeI campaign] TESTUDO v.1.4 (DeI 1.2.3e) + TURTLE + TURTLE_Parts [upd: aug.25/18]

Noticed yesterday that champions (with HUGE, at least) have wrong values, probably I pasted from excel uncorrectly

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    ^ Yup, not today though
    Still waiting for your opinion about the mentioned mod scripts and syntax.....

Hello,

Quick question regarding the faction packs: Do I need to use them in dlc's? For example, say I play as Carthage in HAtG, do I need the Carthage pack?

Patrician

@leonardusius: jesus, you're worse than my real life clients!

@Driesmann: you can't play Testudo with other campaigns, as stated into compatibility at #3 post. I don't know very much about, but it seems that even with DeI they are partially incomplete, so changing features for Testudo would be a mess.
    That's the main reason.
    Another one is that they will require too much work.
    For now they are not compatible, one day, we'll see.
    Sorry.

Faction packs are needed to play a faction (that is not Rome) in Grand Campaign. This will activate Testudo Stances, otherwise, without pack, part of Testudo Stances will be for player, part for an AI faction, and that's not a good thing
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 27, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

That's too bad, I really like the slower campaign progress. Though it does fit better for GC and I understand why.

On a sidenote, I'm kinda in the dark atm regarding people's trust. It keeps going down, and I'm unsure what to do in order to get it up. I won a major defensive battle with Atropatene and its said 'battles: -9', which I find confusing. Furthermore, my Persian culture was 100% at the start, and went down to 40% in a matter of 15-20 turns, with an influence of -1, while Hellenic has +4 Local traditions? Doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something?

Aside from this, I really love your work, and my campaign with Bactria with the previous version of your mod is one of the most enjoyable I've played.

Patrician

people's trust: really? I always have it positive and was thinking to severe it in some values.
    Just let it flow for now. It needs to be reworked from the skeleton

culture: mmh, really too much, what (T/S/M/L/H) are you playing? Which persian faction? Did you lose majority culture or kept it?
    I reworked old culture packs, btw, could be that there is something not balanced

Yes, I am now at 290 trust score, down from 500 I think. It even said "war: -2" while I was not at war with anyone around turn 10.

I am playing as Atropatkan, with the latest version of the mod, on Medium: 4tpy prolonged.
    Right now Persian is 39.6% and Hellenic 60.4%. Combined with the trust issue, I am stuck in my home regions, waiting for the inevitable rebellions. A governor did improve trust and could in theory improve the culture down the line, however this would take too long. Perhaps I don't really understand the underlying mechanic and am just failing to handle it

Thanks for the quick replies!

Patrician

people's trust: well, it's on a beta version, still have to work on it seriously
    and consider that experience reports are really useful to understand how to mod

culture: seems it is more balanced for HUGE than for TINY, with "easier" packs the dispersion is probably too quick and you don't have the the time to handle it, I noticed that but didn't tested it as far as you did.
    I'll have to work onto it a little, it seems.

try using this patch, don't want to ruin your campaign :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/rj5tkt...mann.pack/file
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 27, 2018 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks for the hotfix! Really appreciate it

I understand it's a new feature, and I actually really like the idea of people's trust, so I hope that it gets polished over time.
    As for the culture, I just feel as if it kinda goes against the premise of your mod: slower conversion. It went so quick, I would've lost at least 10% culture by the time I would finish a shrine (which I didn't do, I was unawere of this at the start).

Take your time to polish the features, there is no need to rush

Hi Jake,
    What's the difference between rom_ROMAN_temple_Venus_4 and rom_HELLENIC_temple_Venus_4, both having rom_roman as culture defined, for example ???