Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

So that leads me to wanting the original DeI BGs for my fighting armies:
    That's not so easy to do nor to explain ('cause I've transformed starting DeI BG into RPGu, and you'll have to deeply modify both db and scripts). Besides that, figthing RPGu have some effects (mostly positive PO) that you'll need to play testudo. Every feature is interlaced, starting removing some important ones as RPGu it's not a good thing at all (nor a thing I'll do packs for).
    I honestly advice you to get used to the system and to split armies.
    Or try by modifying effect values inside "effect_bundle_to_effect_junctions". For example the PEN ones contain the penalties when you go above the unit threshold.

KAM's Experimental Battle Pack
    no, cost and upkeep are the same. Testudo values are modded via effects not by default

I'll wait to start a full campaign until 1.6.3 or even 1.7
    your pick, don't see much sense though, if you want to play just play. I don't think I will update anything before 2 months. But eta is just eta, it mostly depends on what I want to do day by day.

Will there be a 1.6.4, etc, etc
    update names are just names, I don't have any particular method for giving them

What was Tenerife's suggestion
    check DIGS thread, there are suggestions both from Valerius Kamaranus and T_Boy
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 09, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    So that leads me to wanting the original DeI BGs for my fighting armies:
    That's not so easy to do nor to explain ('cause I've transformed starting DeI BG into RPGu, and you'll have to deeply modify both db and scripts). Besides that, figthing RPGu have some effects (mostly positive PO) that you'll need to play testudo. Every feature is interlaced, starting removing some important ones as RPGu it's not a good thing at all (nor a thing I'll do packs for).
    I honestly advice you to get used to the system and to split armies.
    Or try by modifying effect values inside "effect_bundle_to_effect_junctions". For example the PEN ones contain the penalties when you go above the unit threshold.
    "Besides that, figthing RPGu have some effects (mostly positive PO) that you'll need to play testudo." I actually thought about the exact same thing after my previous post, so instead I'll edit the size penalties/effects for the 3 main fighting army BGs. to suite my style better. I'll probably only get rid of the grey penalties for Levy Army and Regular Army (so that way my regular armies can serve as full, 20 unit stacks). I'll probably use the Levy Army as a defensive/accompanying army for some factions, but I think for historical reasons I'll only use the Regular Army and Professional Army with Roma for fighting stacks on a regular basis. I'll probably use Levy Army and Merc Army a lot more with other factions

If I wanted to change restrictions on army stances, is that in db tables or scripts?

no, cost and upkeep are the same. Testudo values are modded via effects not by default
    Ah, I see, that makes it a little simpler. Then do I only need to make sure that the Ex Battle Pack battle stats are applying to RPGu units?

I'll wait to start a full campaign until 1.6.3 or even 1.7
    your pick, don't see much sense though, if you want to play just play. I don't think I will update anything before 2 months. But eta is just eta, it mostly depends on what I want to do day by day.

Will there be a 1.6.4, etc, etc
    update names are just names, I don't have any particular method for giving them
    I want to play the most interesting campaign with the most features, and you make future updates of Testudo sound like they have great additional features and will make the campaign even more interesting than it already is. Before I start a campaign, I'm going to work more on making my own personal submod and editing a few DeI submods for tweaking and compatibility (like KAM's battle pack). And if I wait longer to start a full campaign, I'll have more time for other things in life; there's no shortage of other things I need to do.

Oh, I almost forgot, do I have the correct tables for the RPGu fighting armies in effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions?

Levy Army = @@@_RPGu_BG_00_lev...

Regular Army = @@@_RPGu_BG_01_dep...

Professional Army = @@@_RPGu_BG_00a_pro...

If I wanted to change restrictions on army stances, is that in db tables or scripts?
    They are inside army_caps.lua (which is a modded script from DeI)
    the procedure isn't difficult, read the script, should be pretty intuitive what to change (best to copy/paste it into notepad++ and set its language to lua).
    Every faction has custom scripts, every script is different between factions, so don't copy/paste scripts between different factions.

I'll have to see how KAM did the pack, basically yes, should be units stat, check what differences there are (mostly inside land and main tabs). I'll have a look tomorrow.
    Keep in mind that admin/diplo/drill BG have sutom upkeep cost, don't change them (or set them as you wish).

wait longer to start a full campaign,
    sure

effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions
    yes exactly, they are as you say.
    dep is dep 'casue I thought I would called it just deployed, then I changed between lev/reg/pro.
    while mercenary should be mar (marauding).
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 09, 2020 at 06:49 PM.

Every faction has custom scripts, every script is different between factions, so don't copy/paste scripts between different factions.
    That was another thing I was wondering and forgot to ask, whether every faction is the same in RPGu. How exactly are factions different from each other in RPGu? Are their effects different? Are their sizes restrictions different? Are their stance restrictions different? I've only tried with Roma so far (my next test(s) might be with Ptolemaioi or Lusitanni).

Keep in mind that admin/diplo/drill BG have sutom upkeep cost, don't change them (or set them as you wish).
    I was only planning to change the fighting army RPGu bodyguards, since they're the only ones I'll use in battles. If my admin/diplo/drill BGs have to fight in battle, I already made a terrible mistake on the campaign map...

while mercenary should be mar (marauding).
    Was the Mercenary Army bodyguard originally intended to mostly be used for raiding? Or as an "accompanying army"? Mercenaries might be expensive, but with RPGu and raiding enemy regions they would surely make more money than they cost.

And here I'll put my only small request of Testudo: when you add more factions to Testudo, may Roxolani be one of them? Steppe nomads and horse archer armies are one of my favorites (and my father is from Ukraine!).

How exactly are factions different from each other in RPGu?
    Only a technical difference coming from scripts, since every faction has different BGs, it means that script references are custom (otherwise game won't work7even crash in some occasions).
    Having differences depending on culture would be really nice but it is something which will require quite e a lot of work. I have it in mind but no plan for doing it yet

I've quickly checked kam's pack, here are a few notes (in my opinion kam has inserted a lot of not modded tables in the pack)

- battle_entities_tables: naval (did Kam changed something for naval yet?). Anyway that's for Harbor admin only so it's pretty usless
    - land_units_tables: charge, attack, defend (could be these are the only things to chenge everywhere)
    - land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions_tables: probably nothing is changed, can't say
    - main_units_tables: no change (at least for roman starting BG)
    - unit_variants_tables: probably nothing is changed, can't say

Mercenary
    when I did the RPGu I preferred to insert more BG than the ones which can be actually useful. For not limitng eventual future plans/adaptations.
    Mercenary BG are better for recruiting mercs (much less costly and better stats), give bonuses to merc replenishement (how often new mercs spawn into recruit tab) and raid betterRoxolani
    sure, I'll probably do: roxolani, baktria, koinon galaton, nervi and massalia

How exactly are factions different from each other in RPGu?
    Only a technical difference coming from scripts, since every faction has different BGs, it means that script references are custom (otherwise game won't work7even crash in some occasions).
    Having differences depending on culture would be really nice but it is something which will require quite e a lot of work. I have it in mind but no plan for doing it yet
    Ah, makes sense, it's only a difference of a little code, but they function the same on the campaign map.

...(did Kam changed something for naval yet?...
    Actually, he did mention that he's working on naval, which is very much needed.

Mercenary
    when I did the RPGu I preferred to insert more BG than the ones which can be actually useful. For not limitng eventual future plans/adaptations.
    I think I understand, make more than you might need so you have templates to add other features in the future?

...how often new mercs spawn into recruit tab...
    Now that I know this, I think I will use them more in specific situations and places; it's a very useful effect.

Roxolani
    sure, I'll probably do: roxolani, baktria, koinon galaton, nervi and massalia
    All very good choices!

make more than you might need so you have templates:
    I have to link various things to RPGu yet, like units, custom events and character customizations, so I didn't want limitations from start. BG, as they are now, basically cover every aspect of the game. The only one I planned and didn't do is a marauding navy (unit number limitation, more movement, more raiding), which should be pretty useless though. let's see if Kam comes up with a better naval system for battles.

Updated the @@@@@@_TURTLE_10_Children packs so to be compatible with DeI too (packs weren't fully correct as they were before)

There's a weights pack to add +1 recruitment point for the AI, but why not a pack to add +1 recruitment point for the player?

thery already are downloadable since 1.6.2
    they are one under the other

AI = for AI
    AI_and_PL = for both
    PL = for PL

use just one, no more than one or there will be umproper overwritings

The only one I planned and didn't do is a marauding navy (unit number limitation, more movement, more raiding), which should be pretty useless though.
    Actually, that sounds like an interesting addition, and as long as the effects aren't too weak it's something I would definitely use.

Does the Testudo 12TPY pack also change the spawn dates for DeI's historical family characters to be historically realistic with 12TPY?

Any interesting progress updates on what you're working on? I'm not asking for a timetable (I am patient), but was wondering how your tests of potential new features are going. I am excited for the new features...but the more excited I get, the more patient I am; ironic, isn't it? I guess it also helps to know if any additions I plan on making to my personal submod will be made irrelevant or nullified.
    Last edited by Aureliae; March 21, 2020 at 03:02 AM.

thery already are downloadable since 1.6.2
    they are one under the other

AI = for AI
    AI_and_PL = for both
    PL = for PL

use just one, no more than one or there will be umproper overwritings
    I'm not referring to the armies I'm referring to recruitment points

"@@@@@@@_TURTLE_Weights_HEAVY_+1_RecruitPoints_AI: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mcd1u...s_AI.pack/file
    (+1 Recruitment Points per province to AI, land and naval)"

There's only one pak for the AI.

Again many thanks for all the wonderful work and always looking forward to more.
    By the way Jake, are you in Italia currently?

I'm not referring to the armies I'm referring to recruitment points:
    oh... sorry.
    I didn't do it nor I would advice any change for player recruitment points honestly.
    It is simple but it is one of the core features.
    In testudo it depends also by:
    - seasonal effects
    - rpgu units (drill units will raise recruitment points)
    - intrigues (civil and military administration)

Does the Testudo 12TPY pack also change the spawn dates for DeI's historical family characters to be historically realistic with 12TPY?
    this change is already inside DeI's official 12 tpy pack, so yes it is.
    I also changed the dice roll from 100 to 50 trying to limit historical spawn which I don't like much but it seems the dice roll is repetead the turn after, haven't had time to check it better.

Any interesting progress updates on what you're working on?
    Yes I'm in Italy.
    Luckilly for me I live in a city (north italy) which hasn't been seriously hit till now.
    I moved to my mom's house, so she's not alone (even if she's perfectly fine) 'cause my 2 older brothers have little childrens.
    We are in a complete lockdown. The situation is extremly serious. In some parts of Italy it is simply HORRIBLE.
    Some direct infos I had from my ex, who is in contact with people in Lombardia, simply made me cry like a child.
    Besides the fact that there are strict rules, I would not prefer to fakely use the possibility I have to move for job reasons...
    My studio (where is my pc with everything) is 500 meters from my mom's house and I'm 100% sure that it won't change anything to anyone if I just take 2 lonely walks per day for going there and troll around (play or mod something too), but I didn't do that for the entire week. I'll probably do soon though.
    The main reason I didn't is:
    THE COVID-19 SITUATION IS EXTREMLY SERIOUS WORLDWIDE, DO NOT UNDERSTIMATE IT BY ANY REASON.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 21, 2020 at 09:09 AM.

I'm not referring to the armies I'm referring to recruitment points: THE COVID-19 SITUATION IS EXTREMLY SERIOUS WORLDWIDE, DO NOT UNDERSTIMATE IT BY ANY REASON.
    For the first time, Jake, I don't have this opinion.

you,ll quickly change your idea as soon as things begin go weirdly in your land (hope not obviously).
    not the first day, not the second but you will.

It's already quite serious where I am. Many lockdowns and cases just increasing and I don't see it getting better soon, just worse. Many people have been going about their usual activities which just furthers the rate at which it spreads....

Keep in mind that today you see the effects of what happened 7 days ago. If the statistical curves are already in motion the context will just get worse, I fear. Take precautions. The chain that covid-19 can bring to reality can be really heavy. Not always, not everywhere but it simply can.

you,ll quickly change your idea as soon as things begin go weirdly in your land (hope not obviously). not the first day, not the second but you will.
    No, I don't. In my country in the winter of 1934/1935, a flu epidemic killed 50000 peoples in 4 months, with a rate of almost 20% mortality, not 2-3% like now. Nature HAVE to do it's job. We can't ignore the darwinian rules for so many time. because next time IT WILL BE MUCH MUCH WORSE, and NOBODY will have the natural IMUNITY to cope with, and ALL HUMAN RACE is OUT. So, please, I don't have 18 years old to listen all .

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    It's already quite serious where I am. Many lockdowns and cases just increasing and I don't see it getting better soon, just worse. Many people have been going about their usual activities which just furthers the rate at which it spreads....
    No, in my country all STOPS. ALL jobs are suspended (only the elementary is on), towns are empty, ALL shops are closed (only food and farmacies are on), circulation is restricted, etc...