Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1518

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Here's the pack with the modifications you asked, so I think at least:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/gg4lg...RSEU.pack/file

I've removed the faction_restriction table 'cause I don't see much sense into it considering your modifications and also 'cause inside that table there are 167 factions while DeI's GC has 362... So i'm not sure it is working as intended.

I've thought about this sort of DAIA feature... and I think it should require some more attention.
    There is a way to do a lot of things via script, for example assign AI decision depending on various things like dice rolls, number of regions owned and many more. Also you can do that for single factions (or grouped into scripted libraries), which will avoid many limitations coming from db.
    I think I will do a new DAIA via script one day. It would surely enhance the campaign experience if properly balanced.

Thanks for giving attention to it, Aureliae.

Civis

Default Re: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.6.2 + Custom Packs [upd: feb.27/20]

Thank you very much Jake, I really apreciate it

Anyway I would like to know your opinions guys about the configuration suggested by me.

And surely your Plans are Great as always Jake, hope you will have the time do it

Patrician

You're welcome, hope it works fine.

By reading it "on the paper"... your suggestions seems good to me, theoretically better than Aureliae's ones.
    But this is just a very preliminary thought, haven't spent much time figuring how the new DAIA system could work.
    I mostly "mind built" the script, the important concepts, at least.
    I think it may be a really good addition when (and if) done.

Sadly, my to do list is growing like the covid-19.

Jake, if we want to use this but still have all factions able to subjugate, should we just use the pak that arilaia posted? Or did you post such paks on the main Testudo page?

EDIT:

Don't see any such paks as an option on the main testudo page. Would be a nice addition, and easier for people to see.

EDIT II:

Wait, is the pack you just posted aureliae version, or what marseu recommended at the end of page 49? I'd still like to have all factions able to liberate, and subjugate.
    Last edited by gnosis89; March 31, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

Civis

Sorry Jake, testing this with roman faction I found that you left the option to Raze and removed the option to subjugate, can you fix it or point me how to do that?
    Thankyou

Any plans on making the experimental battle back compatible with this? And if so, what would need to be changed to do so?

Patrician

@ marseu

it is probaby related to vanilla tables and some lines that aren't overwrited...
    I can't do pretty nothing as for now 'cause I'm working from a crappy pc which doesn't have the game installed (it wouldn't be able).
    The things I can do with PFM are limited (I can't use a lot of the program functions). And I can't even use RPFM since it is for 64 bit only.
    I'll probably have to go to my studio this afternoon for job related things and maybe I'll check that pack and do a better one.

If I don't, you'll have to:

1) download and install RPFM (google twcenter rpfm, you'll find the thread with the links to github)
    2) open my pack
    3) add to my pack the vanilla table " db > culture_settlement_occupation_option_tables"
    to add a table to a pack do something like: right click on pack's name inside RPFM left window and select "add"
    vanilla files are inside your data folder, in this case the file name is data_Rome2
    4) once you add it to my pack, DO NOT change the name of the added tab (otherwise it won't overwrite) and check for uncorrect true/false options
    5) do the changes you wish and save

I don't really think that Aureliae's pack works perfectly (as intended), I think there are some missing parts/lines and uncorrect overwritings. Plus those 150+ factions missing inside a table.
    I'm not so sure I want to spend time about this feature which would be anyway incomplete since scripts offer you much more possibilities than db.

If you want to play with these features you'll have to:

- or wait for my scripted DAIA (which won't come out any soon)
    - or try to understand how these things work and do a db pack yourself (completa or incomplete).
    My knowledge about this part of the game is pratically 0 'cause I never spent time checking these kind of things (nor I'll do that soon)

@gnosis

I'll do it compatible when it will be officially included into DeI.
    It's a WIP, it's not complete.
    This discussion (and about how to make it compatible) has already been done some days ago. I've answered you inside the exp battle thread.
    Please, don't post inside exp battle thread things related to testudo or other submods. Use submods threads.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 01, 2020 at 05:22 AM.

Patrician

About these DV - DAIA packs:

I've quickly done 2 more refined packs since they now have emptied vanilla Rome 2 tables so not to interfere. Both the Aureliae's and marseu's versions.
    Use just one, obviously, they are interchangable during a campaign though (exit the game, erase one, put the other)
    Hope they works better, but don't consider them complete ore really refined though.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lb4vi..._DAIA.zip/file

KAM mentions in the exp. battle thread that it may very well never be implemented into base DeI....

Spot on, thanks for getting those packs out so soon. Very excited to see the ol' Arbitirs mod implemented with Testudo.

EDIT:

I just recalled the Arbitiris mod I believe allowed all factions to liberate and subjugate (and all options for that matter) Only it had percentages. So yes, hellenic factions were most likely to liberate, Rome was most likely to occupy, eastern to subjugate, and barbarians to sack/loot. I think this is and was a much more sensible solution, though that may be much more work? I know that it was implemented into arbitiris, so it may just be a matter of looking into that?
    Last edited by gnosis89; April 01, 2020 at 07:08 PM.

Patrician

Exp battle will surely be implemented into DeI. Sooner or Later.
    To update a single RPGu pack you'll need 5 minutes, there really are few values to be changed.
    The reason why I won't do compatible packs before a stable release is because it's a WIP and no one (even Kam) can't be sure what he will change as he keep balancing it.

I liked DAIA very much and always used it years ago.
    But it had some issues/lacks coming mostly from the fact that, sometimes, it was too "useful" for the player.
    As soon as you became a strong faction it was too easy to make liberated factions revolt from their liberators.
    You may have seen that in testudo when epirus liberates Bruttium (instead of conquering it). As Rome you were able to make peace/do agreements/ask them to make war with epirus in 1/2 turns. This issue should already been prevented by current DIGS (is it? Has someone experienced that?) but with a better (scripted) DAIA we'll be able to avoid some other minor issues and build a more complex (and controlled) dice roll system, instead of just a mere probability we'll define smart conditions.
    DAIA became buggy/not perfectly compatible as soon as Scipio rebalanced many CAI values for DeI.
    Anyway, the more I think about that, the more I consider that a well done scripted system will bring cool features to the gameplay.

Yet another (amongst so very many things) I look forward to with Testudo. Especially the implementation of some kind of a score system so that War doesn't end 99% of the time in utter annihilation and allows for peace between two warring nations more frequently. Thanks again Jake, your responsiveness and promptness is also very appreciated.

Patrician

Future and possible implementations list is simply... HUGE. Huge a lot.
    There are TONS of things that can still be done. Really, I could have work for the next 3/5 years at least, theoretically speaking...

Anyway, let's stay stickied to the plan.
    Since it seems that 1.6.2 is pretty well balanced, I would like to add some colors/depths to the strat campaign, meaning that, most probably, 1.6.3 will have some DIGS implementations, the new climate system (giving custom dilemmas) and events linked to regions and regional buildings (so to have a sort of strat management events). You'll see a VIGS thread will appear...
    Hope everything I have in mind is doable, though. I've started working slowly on it this week.

If there are some guys who are following/playing testudo and want to lend me hand... I've plenty of basic things to eventually "subappalt".
    No time schedule nor great modding knowledge asked.

To make an example: I'll need to retrieve every GC settlements' x,y cohordinates. I'll give you a pack that will assign every map region to the player at first turn, give a lot of deployable armies and a script that will create a txt log file.
    So: you just recruit an army and put it garrisoned, click on it, alt+tab the game, open the text file created by the script which will contain the x,y cohordinates, copy them inside a file.
    There are something less than 200 regions in GC. The operation is simple but the operation multiplied for 200 is pretty much time.

Hit me if you think you're available/interested, for what above or something else I'll surely need to do.

I can help.

Weekends are family time but starting mayday I'm ready.

Patrician

Thanks, I appreciate and don't worry, no time schedule. At worst, if you're really slow i'll take what you've done and complete it.
    Actually, I'm building a sort of map tool so that anyone can use it to build startpos (that's a pain for DeI though) or use it to plan various things.
    We are organizing it inside devs forum and any help is appreciated.

I'll see to send you the "cheat" packs you need and a to do list, then you can do what you want.
    I've also added you to the submodders alcove, closed group with devs and submodders. Best place to talk about tech things instead of posting them around.

----

Sadly... a bad news from yesterday.
    The cdir option CND_REGION_HAS_EFFECT_BUNDLE doesn't work with climate effects. They are provincial and the option doesn't retrieve it... It retrieves all the effects where the region is descripted, like the wonders ones for example... but not the climate...
    That's pretty sad... The workaround, since my intention is to assign dice rolled dilemmas to climate events, might be to "transform" the climate system to a regional one just through cdir... but, probably, there is a problem even there (besides a great loss of time): I fear that chained events that will check the existance of a triggered effect inside the same "system" should be buggy... so, at least, I noticed when I tried to do something similar for another event system.
    I'll see to do deeper trials. And hope...

Anyway, here is how I plan to divide climates inside GC map, let me know if someone has suggestions for changes.
    If I can't find a way to assign plainly those custom dileammas... we'll have, at least, a better defined and various basic system.
    They are a lot, as I usually do, but don't think that differences will be big, just micromanagement oriented.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Was just thinking Jake, I know the RPGU units are nice and can help out quite a bit in terms of gameplay but they make a lot of other battle/unit mechanic mods incompatible whereas without them they'd all be pretty compatible. Could we have the option of using RPGu units or not? Without them, the generals units aren't all available. Not to mention having the option to play with or without them regardless of other sub mods would be nice. Entirely your prerogative of course and either way I will continue to play and very much enjoy Testudo.

It would be a great addition for that to be modular. Trying to use the alternative phalanx/hoplite ruins it. My RPG units won't even fight with spears. KAMs experimental pack as well. I'd like to at least have the option to not use RPGu units if I don't want to. I do like using certain generals as governors and such, but please do give us the option to use these general units or not. As of now there is no option. Even if it meant cutting back on the types of RPGu so as to allow for all the variations of base generals. Or maybe just a version of the mod that is completely without the RPG units all together, that would be nice. The only real and rather large issue with Testudo as of yet.
    Last edited by bthizle1; April 08, 2020 at 10:59 PM.

Patrician

To semplify, the answer is no.

For these reasons:

1) rpgu adds math values to the game, without those math values both good and bad things will be unbalanced
    2) rpgu will keep going on in the future, which means it will add new things to point 1) which means it will be even more necessary
    3) experimental pack is a WIP, when it will be inside DeI then it will be inside testudo too. I've already described here and there what you have to do to make it compatible. It's 5 mins work. And, no, I won't do that 'cause it's a WIP and I don't want to check every update. There are explanataions on how to make conpatible packs for alternative pike/phalanx too (che some posts above, can't remember now).
    If someone wants to do those packs I'll be glad to upload them into 1st post
    ps. I have future plans about doing a midway mod between testudo and dei vanilla but it won't come out soon, at all.

@ pawelrut and Trippin

I'm still preparing the map material, than I'll open a thread in the alcove and send you a PM.
    I prefer to do solid files before sending them so to avoid future issues.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 09, 2020 at 04:43 AM.

I've been waiting to start a new DeI GC campaign. These latest posts have convinced me that it's time. Y'all freaking rock. Thanks for making quarantine a little (a lot!) less boring.

The alternative phalanx/hoplite is not a WIP. Not to mention all the factions would essentially be playable (more easily) if it weren't for RPGu. Also again regardless of other mods compatibility it'd be nice to have full stack armies and recruit directly into them without having to have another army to do so. Let alone not be able to field any amount of men in some of them. It's just a definitive "flavor" that would be much better if optional all around.

The alternative hoplite/phalanx mod would be nice to have compatibility with. That would have to be individually as well, because some use just the hoplite and others just the phalanx alternative.

The alternative phalanx/hoplite is not a WIP. Not to mention all the factions would essentially be playable (more easily) if it weren't for RPGu. Also again regardless of other mods compatibility it'd be nice to have full stack armies and recruit directly into them without having to have another army to do so. Let alone not be able to field any amount of men in some of them. It's just a definitive "flavor" that would be much better if optional all around.

The alternative hoplite/phalanx mod would be nice to have compatibility with. That would have to be individually as well, because some use just the hoplite and others just the phalanx alternative.